DAW FlowMax Turbos - 2 Port and 6 Port - 1 Fast Supra!

xnick101

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M340i
Great question. I’m still a little confused on this. What’s PI? I’ve read where some guys add extra injectors to help with fueling. I was curious if just going with bigger injectors would fix that when using the boost.
PI = Port injection. Adding 6 fuel injectors that spray fuel into the valves. You need the port plate + injectors + motiv reflex(to control it)
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I was curious if just going with bigger injectors would fix that when using the boost.
Can’t, there are no upgrades for the stock DI injectors. Only option when they max out is to add a second set of injectors in the intake runners (aka port injection)

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Can’t, there are no upgrades for the stock DI injectors. Only option when they max out is to add a second set of injectors in the intake runners (aka port injection)
Thank you so much. That makes perfect since. What’s the best software to use for this tuning etc.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
MHD, BM3, and Ecutek are the big 3. In general Ecutek provides the most functionality and is the most expensive, but the other two are fine as well.

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
I emailed DAW and asked this exact question for the Flow Max and they sent over the chart below.

You can expect about 550 whp with a good custom tune, catless dp and stock fueling with 93 on a dynojet. With the previous version this was only possible on E30.

Screenshot_20230308_105816_Facebook.jpg
How much horsepower do you lose with having a AA downpipe instead of a catless??? I would imagine most people are still catted for inspections and not wanting to stink like gas going down the road.

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Great question. What size pipe does it help vs waisted space. Some pipes are 3.5”s, 4” etc. what about catted vs catless? What’s the best size?
Catted depends on which one. As the GESI cats are very high flowing up to around 650-700 HP.

xnick101

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M340i
Thank you so much. That makes perfect since. What’s the best software to use for this tuning etc.
Ecutek since the port injection can work through canbus and everything works through the ecutek software.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Hey Jesse,

Got a few questions since I'm in IL and want to keep it legal until an unlock comes state side (if ever).

Does the DAW turbo inlet retain the PCV heater sensor, to avoid that CEL? I saw they posted a new prototype online last week, but I believe that port is just for the hose itself.

If I stay on 93 octane and avoid meth/E-blends (did all that 15 years ago, was a hassle I don't really want to deal with again), will my fuel trims stay low enough to avoid limp mode/fuel cut? Also, by staying on 93 octane (and therefore lower boost), will this avoid the PCV leakage CEL?

I read that I can set the JB4 to map 0 and unplug the OBD dongle for emissions checks. Is this the same for the supra version?

My thought process is that a larger turbo pushes the powerband right, so for the same amount of power, less torque is demanded of the trans. Avoids slipping trans via "lugging" of the engine at low/medium RPM and full load.

Mpower3jz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE
@Jesse DaBears What kind of warranty is offered with the DAW turbo? I may have missed it but I didn't see it mentioned on 1fastsupra. I have seen 6-12 months on other sites though. Hoping you could shine some light on this for me. Thanks

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey Jesse,

Got a few questions since I'm in IL and want to keep it legal until an unlock comes state side (if ever).

Does the DAW turbo inlet retain the PCV heater sensor, to avoid that CEL? I saw they posted a new prototype online last week, but I believe that port is just for the hose itself.

If I stay on 93 octane and avoid meth/E-blends (did all that 15 years ago, was a hassle I don't really want to deal with again), will my fuel trims stay low enough to avoid limp mode/fuel cut? Also, by staying on 93 octane (and therefore lower boost), will this avoid the PCV leakage CEL?

I read that I can set the JB4 to map 0 and unplug the OBD dongle for emissions checks. Is this the same for the supra version?

My thought process is that a larger turbo pushes the powerband right, so for the same amount of power, less torque is demanded of the trans. Avoids slipping trans via "lugging" of the engine at low/medium RPM and full load.
Alot going on here haha.

Pcv heater core will be disconnected

You'll be fine with a custom map on 93.

You will not pass emissions due to cel from heater core.

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Jesse DaBears What kind of warranty is offered with the DAW turbo? I may have missed it but I didn't see it mentioned on 1fastsupra. I have seen 6-12 months on other sites though. Hoping you could shine some light on this for me. Thanks
6 month warranty is standard from DAW.
Sponsored