Dealers suck!

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
@Last Lemming ,I sell cars and I don’t mark up prices, I don’t play stupid games. I ask what you do for a living because anytime someone calls me a dirtbag for what I do, I like to know what you do as I’m sure in your field of work not everyone is a good person. I’m sure you’re a good person, but it’s not fair to group all dealerships in one category. Think about that next time you blast a profession that one of your fellow enthusiasts does for work…
Sponsored

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Dealer I work for we have sold for msrp this entire time. We won’t budge on that number but we are also selling half the cars total new and used vs normal times yet still all the same bills and I’m sure those are more than they normally are just like all our personal utilities.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I’m sorry but unless you WORK in the automotive field or have any first hand experience about supply shortages including chips I don’t think you should be claiming it’s “false”

klm0920

First Name
Kevib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90, 3is350, EvoX
think about it this way. A used a90 Supras are going for New car prices. how can you expect dealers to sell a Brand new Supra for a price of a used one?

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Sorry, but I’m my field while there may be a very few unethical firms around there is there is no wholesale gouging, I’m sorry but with dealers making highest profits ever don’t complain to me about supply and demand, it’s just greedy and that indefensible from my point of view. It’s great if your dealership is and has been selling with no egregious make ups, however, from my experience that’s the exception not the rule - at least right now.

Also they have the same number of Supras on the lot as before the chip issue. Where’s the supply issue there?

I almost can’t wait till all cars go electric and we won’t have to buy from dealers. While I hate Tesla cars their sales model is the future.

if you don’t want to be lumped in with the masses then your industry needs to act accordingly and hold each other responsible. But I hold no hope for that considering how franchises are awarded. That needs to change too.

BTW if an architect is working unethically he can be reported by other architects and potential lose his/her license.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I live in Florida and refused to pay a dime over MSRP. Luckily I found this great forum and saw this wasn't a unique issue. Did my due diligence and also found a great dealer in North Carolina with no markup or add on's. I did have to pay for transport but that was minimal compared to what the market would bare down here in FL. Unfortunately some poor old guy (in his late 80s) didn't see my new car and totaled it. So.... I had to do this whole process over again. Chip shortage, gas shortage, baby formula shortages, these are very tough times indeed (please vote this mid-term). However, like @GoldenEye said, there are some really good people out there in the car business. If I wasn't being so picky about a phantom with red interior car, the original dealer I bought my tungsten with red from wanted to sell me another (with black interior) at MSRP. Downside, I have to wait and be patient. I hate being patient 😂

Southtown

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sti
I live in Florida and refused to pay a dime over MSRP. Luckily I found this great forum and saw this wasn't a unique issue. Did my due diligence and also found a great dealer in North Carolina with no markup or add on's. I did have to pay for transport but that was minimal compared to what the market would bare down here in FL. Unfortunately some poor old guy (in his late 80s) didn't see my new car and totaled it. So.... I had to do this whole process over again. Chip shortage, gas shortage, baby formula shortages, these are very tough times indeed (please vote this mid-term). However, like @GoldenEye said, there are some really good people out there in the car business. If I wasn't being so picky about a phantom with red interior car, the original dealer I bought my tungsten with red from wanted to sell me another (with black interior) at MSRP. Downside, I have to wait and be patient. I hate being patient 😂
Which NC dealer?

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
There are a lot of dirtbags in the auto industry, I deal with that issue on a daily basis! All I’m saying is don’t be so quick to judge an entire industry based on your local dealership experience. And my friend, I can tell you have absolutely no idea what we’ve been thru, so don’t speak on issues like shortages and such, you don’t know what you’re talking about…

Sorry, but I’m my field while there may be a very few unethical firms around there is there is no wholesale gouging, I’m sorry but with dealers making highest profits ever don’t complain to me about supply and demand, it’s just greedy and that indefensible from my point of view. It’s great if your dealership is and has been selling with no egregious make ups, however, from my experience that’s the exception not the rule - at least right now.

I almost can’t wait till all cars go electric and we won’t have to buy from dealers. While I hate Tesla cars their sales model is the future.

if you don’t want to be lumped in with the masses then your industry needs to act accordingly and hold each other responsible. But I hold no hope for that considering how franchises are awarded. That needs to change too.

BTW if an architect is working unethically he can be reported by other architects and potential lose his/her license.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Modern Toyota Winston Salem. "Mom" (yes that's her name) was my salesperson and she's wonderful! @Southtown tell her Mark from Ft. Myers says hello 👋🏼

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Last Lemming did you see my catTurd post? Sorry to be redundant but it’s so true LOL

E67ACAC3-6400-4E8A-828D-EDA1E6192FD9.jpeg

It is frustrating as hell. I’m in healthcare and the shortages are insane! Attacking the oil industry effects everyone except politicians salaries.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Listen. I realize not every dealer is a dirt bag, however the fact that we have to have a forum post where we list the dealers that aren’t dirtbags says a lot about the industry right now, and that’s a shame, because the fact of the matter is in this modern day and age transportation is a necessity and taking advantage of that necessity is very unscrupulous IMO. The fact that a dealer will tell you if you don’t buy it someone else will, what the hell! there’s no honor in preying on stupidity or desperate people. You may not do this, and that’s great, unfortunately it seems to be the exception not the norm now.

BTW the salesman also bragged how he sold a 2021 Civic Si with 30,000 miles on it for $42k, and then went on to say he would never pay that price for it. It was an automatic to boot!

for what it’s worth, I am not quick to judge, I’ve been buying cars for the last 30 years and I’ve owned a lot and I’ve dealt a lot with dealers so my opinion spans that amount of time based on that amount of experience, I probably bought over 30 cars.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@ FLtrackdays

I don’t disagree, I HATE electric cars, they are just one trick pony appliances for all I’m concerned (I have driven them in anger), but I do like the way they sale cars.

They’ll have to pry the gas pedal from my dead foot before I’d consider an electric car. But that’s where the industry is going, so I’ll have fun now.

Also I live in south Louisiana, so I’m no stranger to hurricanes

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
@Last Lemming I don’t like how a lot of dealerships are conducting business right now either, all I’m saying is, it’s in poor taste to blast an industry as a whole based on the bad ones. My opinion of course..

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@ FLtrackdays

I don’t disagree, I HATE electric cars, they are just one trick pony appliances for all I’m concerned (I have driven them in anger), but I do like the way they sale cars.
Never bought a Tesla but assuming they are fixed price? That would be a pretty cool option

MVJ1975

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
Tesla doesn't really have dealers per se. They have some showrooms, but those don't have inventory that you can buy, they just show you the car and its features. You just order a car directly from Tesla and the price is the price.
Sponsored