DME clones working for 2023 models?

loganzanee

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Going to pickup a 2023 3.0 towards the end of this week. Just curious if dme/ecu clones are working for the 2023s? I've looked relentlessly for the answer to this question, any input at all will be very appreciated. Only reason I ask is because a performance shop here in Phoenix told me that nothing can be done with 23s yet. Also what about partial unlocks for OTS maps?
Sponsored

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
If it is a 2023 Manual, it can only be unlocked currently. Meaning Bm3 or MHD tuning (I see you mentioned OTS maps, these can still be custom tuned by a tuner for better power and your specific goals). Bm3 just released their CustomROM software that allows for flex fuel and a few other features.

If it's a 2023 automatic, I believe that they can be cloned but I'm not sure as I've only been paying attention to the manual stuff.

Speed Logic

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra, BMW M3, Nissan GT-R
This information from @Pizza is 100% correct. What tuning route did you want to go i.e. Bootmod3, MHD, Ecutek? I can further guide you in the right direction based on this.

Also as above poster mentioned is your car AT or MT? MT currently cannot be cloned for EcuTek use. But can be fully unlocked.

At this point if planning to run OTS maps then certainly Bootmod3 is the wisest choice based on features, cost, etc.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Going to pickup a 2023 3.0 towards the end of this week. Just curious if dme/ecu clones are working for the 2023s? I've looked relentlessly for the answer to this question, any input at all will be very appreciated. Only reason I ask is because a performance shop here in Phoenix told me that nothing can be done with 23s yet. Also what about partial unlocks for OTS maps?
https://willmy062020plusecugotorussia.com/

JayNine

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra & 2005 Accord V6 Hybrid
crazy how 3 years and still someone in the states can’t reverse engineer whatever they’re doing in Finland… someone in the states could literally steal all their customers in the US and be making easily 6 figures a year doing so yet no one has done it. Been waiting for it to get figured out

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
crazy how 3 years and still someone in the states can’t reverse engineer whatever they’re doing in Finland… someone in the states could literally steal all their customers in the US and be making easily 6 figures a year doing so yet no one has done it. Been waiting for it to get figured out
My assumption has always been that what FETMO is doing isn’t legal in the states for the security keys they’re cracking so that’s why it hasn’t happened.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Six figures a year is hardly a lot. Especially when you consider the overhead of operating a business, when the minimum amount of insurance you need per customer is basically $3k.

Besides, there's literally no reason to not to just send it over. It's commoditized at this point.

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Six figures is nothing at that point

az_supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
Six figures a year is hardly a lot. Especially when you consider the overhead of operating a business, when the minimum amount of insurance you need per customer is basically $3k.

Besides, there's literally no reason to not to just send it over. It's commoditized at this point.
Except that some of us only have this vehicle and can't really afford to be without a car for 15 days.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Except that some of us only have this vehicle and can't really afford to be without a car for 15 days.
Not saying you're wrong, but I did the clone shit when it was new and my ECU was in limbo for 2 months. Taking the bus for that long was an interesting experience. Though, not something I'm unfamiliar with as I had taken the bus for years while in college.

az_supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
Not saying you're wrong, but I did the clone shit when it was new and my ECU was in limbo for 2 months. Taking the bus for that long was an interesting experience. Though, not something I'm unfamiliar with as I had taken the bus for years while in college.

This is a great addition actually. I love @zrk very much, but not all of us can afford to drop $70k in mods on a $60k car and have multiple vehicles. That comment was out of touch.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is a great addition actually. I love @zrk very much, but not all of us can afford to drop $70k in mods on a $60k car and have multiple vehicles. That comment was out of touch.
I guess... point taken. However, I come at financial decisions about things like this:

If you can afford a 60k-dollar car and can afford to modify it to the point where you need something like a cloned ECU, you can afford other cars.

I follow a general financial principle of 'if I can't afford to do it twice, I can't afford to do it once.' So when we're talking about a $60,000 sports car, then modifying it to the point of shattering any sorta warranty, I assume that the financial ducks are in a row to where you can live without for a few days.

Presumptuous, yes, probably. But if I only had one car, it would definitely not be this one. And if it was this one, I definitely wouldn't modify it.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
People daily these things?

Bro why lol

az_supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
I guess... point taken. However, I come at financial decisions about things like this:

If you can afford a 60k-dollar car and can afford to modify it to the point where you need something like a cloned ECU, you can afford other cars.

I follow a general financial principle of 'if I can't afford to do it twice, I can't afford to do it once.' So when we're talking about a $60,000 sports car, then modifying it to the point of shattering any sorta warranty, I assume that the financial ducks are in a row to where you can live without for a few days.

Presumptuous, yes, probably. But if I only had one car, it would definitely not be this one. And if it was this one, I definitely wouldn't modify it.
That's fair. But most people are not like this. This is my only car and I modify it too. Never plan on it being on the track. That's a bit gatekeepy to assume imo.

People daily these things?

Bro why lol
This is such a stupid comment that is majorly out of touch with reality. You can say this about anything that isn't a Camry and it would fit.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
This is such a stupid comment that is majorly out of touch with reality. You can say this about anything that isn't a Camry and it would fit.
The whole one car to do it all concept does not work, it will never work, and if you have any sense, you will purchase an additional car/motorcycle to offset taking an Uber or even worse, public transportation.

Good info in this thread though, I will have to wait until cloning options are available because I don't want to send my ECU to Europe right now LOL
Sponsored