Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh gotcha...Do you think it's just the catless downpipe vibrating like crazy and not the tune?

I have a catted FI DP and now im wondering if post tune it will make that vibration...

Thanks,
-V
The car ran without this issue on stock tune with the downpipe and with all feedback from other owners I am fairly sure its the tune.
Sponsored

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
The car ran without this issue on stock tune with the downpipe and with all feedback from other owners I am fairly sure its the tune.
Interesting, thanks for chiming in on this. I am hoping an updated tune will resolve this as I am planning on using this software for a tune on mine.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
That is why you don't have it. My car was running fine with catless down pipe before I tuned it. Its not a deal breaker and will be resolved eventually I am sure.
Yeah me too was not present with a turboback on stock tune

Tried resetting learn adaptations with no luck

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
TLDR: Can confirm, Ecutek is great and Marin tunes are awesome, smooth and reliable.

I want to revive this thread just to confirm the review. Moving from BM3 to Ecutek is one of the best decisions I made with this car, the power delivery is great and smooth, no jerkiness, no limp mode, smooth delivery like a stock tune, just with more, way more power.

Also to note that the comparison is not apples to apples...With BM3 I was using OTS maps and Ecutek is custom tune, Marin is one of the best tuners out there for this platform and he is honest, so I really trust him and recommend him. For the 91 Octane map we had several revisions due to the fact that CA 91 Oct gas is awful, even a bit of Ethanol will improve timing greatly, however we decided to have a 100% 91 Octane map and then a E50 map for full power.

The difference between 91 Octane and E50 is crazy, it really is. The OTS E30 Map from BM3 was very different, from start, I had a lot of knock count and the power delivery was jerky, sometimes entered into limp mode, like it was over boosting. And as I said, this is not a BM3 thing, don't get me wrong. Most likely is what we should expect from an OTS map, rather than a custom one. With the E50 tune from Marin you will find that your tires are not good enough, and there is a reason why stock tires match the 340whp stock. From my logs readings, the car is making close to 595 hp to the crank... the 285 Toyo r888r barely keep traction. I got two options, get 305 tires or go Pure 800 turbo to push the torque 1000 rpm up.

Side note is that I am way way more comfortable having my .bin files with me, and I can flash without internet, with a native application rather than a web based app. This is a personal opinion, maybe most people won't care, but this is a big one for me.

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019’ Yamaha R1m —2020 F450—2021 Supra 3.0 —1999 silverado 4x4–1997 Husqvarna CR250– 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
If you guys are having transmission shudder under light load in top gears you should do a full transmission pan drop and filter replace. DO NOT EVER FLUSH YOUR TRANSMISSION just drain and drop the pan) Especially if you are drag racing your car. The trans oil is only lifetime if you drive slo and easy in normal mode lol. IF DRAG RACING (and tour car puts down 475+ hp on a stage 2 tune (with like 10-20pulls a weekend so about 40 1/4 mile runs) pan drop and fluid fill after every couple weekends of racing. Or use your bald tires as a gauge of when to change fluid

OP
OP
iceman21_23

iceman21_23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra
If you guys are having transmission shudder under light load in top gears you should do a full transmission pan drop and filter replace. DO NOT EVER FLUSH YOUR TRANSMISSION just drain and drop the pan) Especially if you are drag racing your car. The trans oil is only lifetime if you drive slo and easy in normal mode lol. IF DRAG RACING with like 10-20pulls pan drop and fluid fill after every couple weekends of racing. Or use your bald tires as a gauge of when to change fluid
Lol what are you talking about? I've done plenty of drag nights and don't drive the car easy my transmission is fine

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019’ Yamaha R1m —2020 F450—2021 Supra 3.0 —1999 silverado 4x4–1997 Husqvarna CR250– 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
Lol what are you talking about? I've done plenty of drag nights and don't drive the car easy my transmission is fine
Good luck with that & if your car is shuddering then it’s not fine....

There’s a reason professionals in the drag racing industry do complete motor rebuilds after every run. I doubt you’ve done 40-50 1/4 mile runs in the 10second range. obv your not a professional drag racer so yea

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

There’s a reason professionals in the drag racing industry do complete motor rebuilds after every run. I doubt you’ve done 40-50 1/4 mile runs in the 10second range. obv your not a professional drag racer so yea
I don’t think any of us are professional drag racers........

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Those engines also don't start unless you have running temp oil flowing through them as well.

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I though this was a forum where people who had a Supra actually knew about cars or how to work on them, But By all means you casuals go ahead and run 100thousand miles on your transmission fluid and get your money’s worth on your “lifetime oil”. makes no diff to me if you trash your car. I for one will be dropping the pan and filter every 25k miles or every 50 1/4 mile runs or after every track day. See you on the side of the road in a couple years :drive:

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I though this was a forum where people who had a Supra actually knew about cars or how to work on them, But By all means you casuals go ahead and run 100thousand miles on your transmission fluid and get your money’s worth on your “lifetime oil”. makes no diff to me if you trash your car. I for one will be dropping the pan and filter every 25k miles or every 50 1/4 mile runs or after every track day. See you on the side of the road in a couple years :drive:
Totally agree. People who are ragging on these cars, which is most if not all people on here, should be doing much more than what the owners manual calls for.. I'm not drag racing my car however was planning on doing a flush around 30-50k mi but instead I'll be taking your advice to drop the pan entirely. Thanks!

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase

What's with the hostility? Take it easy, most people on here or owners are not full time drag racers. No doubt if you launch the car all day every day you will have transmission and engine issues.

The ZF-8 is pretty strong and capable to handle a good beating.

Cheers,
-V
Sponsored