Failed tune at 2%

JohnoGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Im having a major issue with my 2020 a90 seeing if anyone else had had a similar issue and solved the problem. On 6/25/23 I was stranded with my car because of a starter system fault. I was too far from home to check it out myself so I was forced to tow it to a Toyota dealer service center. They said I had rodent damage to the starter power wire they replaced it and car was good to go. What I didn’t realize is they performed the recall and reprogrammed the vehicle. After I asked them not to because of the tune but I’m assuming it’s standard procedure at the dealer when they can’t figure out what the problem is they probably clear the ecu. I tried to reflash the car with bm3 and the tune kept failing at 2%. Had the lights off, fans off, seatbelt on, all doors closed and my Bluetooth and WiFi off when I did it from my phone my cousins phone and my wife’s phone neither worked. I tried to use a laptop on line and off line and same thing. Tech support thread from bm3 says it’s a battery issue but I tried that already and charged the battery up to 100% and still the same thing. Bm3 is the worst tech support, they are not understanding what I’m saying and basically telling me the same info they have available in a thread after I told them I tried everything they have to offer help wise from the thread. We had a time slot scheduled for today at 4pm but they never showed and stopped replying to me. I seriously need some help on what are my next steps to take to get my car able to be tuned again.

IMG_6444.jpeg

IMG_6445.jpeg

IMG_6446.jpeg

IMG_6456.jpeg

IMG_6458.png

IMG_6457.png
Sponsored

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
This is easy. you need to get your dme bench unlocked. Lots of places state side can help you out. You must have had one of the early software dme where you didn't need an unlock. The software with the recall puts the car in a state that won't let it be tuned until its bench unlocked. I think places charge around 400 to do it, but I could be wrong on the price so take that with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
JohnoGR

JohnoGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
That’s what me and my cousin have came up with. We just weren’t sure if that would solve the issue. Thanks a lot everyone. What really bothers me is that I gave this same information to bm3 and they literally told me what do you want us to troubleshoot your software should boot up and basically left me hanging today after they said they will remote access my car.

OP
OP
JohnoGR

JohnoGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Thank you so much i really appreciate the quick feedback.
This is easy. you need to get your dme bench unlocked. Lots of places state side can help you out. You must have had one of the early software dme where you didn't need an unlock. The software with the recall puts the car in a state that won't let it be tuned until its bench unlocked. I think places charge around 400 to do it, but I could be wrong on the price so take that with a grain of salt.

ericchen_ec

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Happened to me as well, but over the air update, my car was still tuned but the software updated so I contacted bm3 because I was afraid to brick my ecu trying to adjust my tune. They’re support isn’t the best, but once they remoted in the solve the problem fairly quickly :). Best of luck in the future though.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
This method is not advised. Use the battery hook-up points under the hood.
Also, wtf. You're juicing and battery tender at the same time ?

Side note. I don't believe my Supra came with Toyota branded battery... Is that how new ones come in or did dealer swap the battery ??

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP
OP
JohnoGR

JohnoGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra

Side note. I don't believe my Supra came with Toyota branded battery... Is that how new ones come in or did dealer swap the battery ??
It won’t charge from the front even when the AAA guys tried. The car cannot move it was towed into my driveway. I only put the car onto it to speed up charging the battery initially from 20% to 80% and I removed it

OP
OP
JohnoGR

JohnoGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra

Originally it was a bmw sticker battery and I got into a fender bender and the battery needed to be replaced. Looks like it’s the same one just with a Toyota sticker because the battery says made in Germany