First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Never used the horn, have no need for it, and to remove the front fascia of a
$50k+ car….I’ll pass,and keep the ridiculously tweet tweet horn😜
Removing the front bumper is really pretty easy. Hand tools and done in 30-40 minutes.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I like to take my time (aka just stupid slow or just stupid) so I removed the bumper and made the wire harness on day one.. Then when the low frequency horn arrived the next day from Amazon, I finished it.

I used an electric 1/4 drive ratchet so it made things go MUCH faster. For example @zrk did it in 30-40min using just hand tools, with an high efficiency driver like mine, it only took me 3 hours total.. :crazy:

ag_supra

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra (SOLD), 2018 BMW 340i xDrive 6MT
I heard some rumor that you have to "recalibrate the parking sensors" every time you take off the front bumper. Sounds like a mega pain in the ass. If that's not the case, I'd happily swap out the horn on my own.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
I heard some rumor that you have to "recalibrate the parking sensors" every time you take off the front bumper. Sounds like a mega pain in the ass. If that's not the case, I'd happily swap out the horn on my own.
Not true. I suppose it “could” happen if you really knock them around.

If you’re really worried, disconnect the battery (leave doors/trunk open - typical Supra battery disconnect procedure), be sure to disconnect the two plugs to the sensors when removing the bumper, do the horn stuff, remount bumper and connect the two plugs, then reconnect the battery. Car should never even know you even messed with the front bumper.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Definitely not true.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
I know how to mess it up, and it got me scared for a bit, but went away itself.

The way I did it - disconnected the battery, uninstalled the bumper, wired the new horns and felt like I need to check if they are working before putting everything back together (good and bad idea). Connected the battery, checked the horn, disconnected the battery, assembled the front. Then on first start it threw me errors for parking sensors. I even thought I forgot to connect one, but no, all was good. It was late, called it a day, started the car next morning and everything was good.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know how to mess it up, and it got me scared for a bit, but went away itself.

The way I did it - disconnected the battery, uninstalled the bumper, wired the new horns and felt like I need to check if they are working before putting everything back together (good and bad idea). Connected the battery, checked the horn, disconnected the battery, assembled the front. Then on first start it threw me errors for parking sensors. I even thought I forgot to connect one, but no, all was good. It was late, called it a day, started the car next morning and everything was good.
Good point. I may have encountered this. Driving a couple minutes should cause it to sort itself out unless there’s something really off.

Soopie

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Finally my car has a real horn as of tonight!

I had my go to bmw mechanic order an oem low pitch bmw z4 horn. The front bumper did have to come off as others mentioned. Quite easy to do. If others want part numbers, let me know.

Wow what a difference!

19AD262E-76BA-4955-8CEA-630257B70711.jpeg

306EFF18-8805-4F09-9A64-3A5EECF4E46F.jpeg

AC027504-34FC-4BA0-8F96-28C626ED8209.jpeg

4C5B161B-A9F5-44DC-A007-1E8973E32482.jpeg
Do you remember the bolt size/thread that fit into the pre-existing hole?

REDLINE

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT350
Got any tips with the bumper removal/mounting? I heard the plastic velcros on the headlights can be a pain in the butt when re-aligning the bumper?

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got any tips with the bumper removal/mounting? I heard the plastic velcros on the headlights can be a pain in the butt when re-aligning the bumper?
Don’t fully tighten anything until you’re happy with the alignment.

The adjustability is a double edge sword. On one side, it doesn’t just pop into place. On the other, you’re able to make a ton of adjustments to make sure it fits how you’d like.

Soopie

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
~ sorry but I don’t recall.
Was there an existing bolt or did you have to get a new one?
I'm prepping for my install this weekend and want to make sure I don't have to make any unplanned trips to the store.

REDLINE

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT350
Don’t fully tighten anything until you’re happy with the alignment.

The adjustability is a double edge sword. On one side, it doesn’t just pop into place. On the other, you’re able to make a ton of adjustments to make sure it fits how you’d like.
Thanks, B58. Good to know!