OP
OP
jtsang25

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
On ALL of them?? That's kind of like the guy who committed suicide and was found shot in the back four times - a little hard to believe. I think the Germans/Austrians decided that, if the engine and transmission were both going to be better in the Toyota car, something had to be better in the BMW iteration. Here! Here is your F'ing horn Toyota!
I made this comment 1 month after release when there were only a handful in the wild. I was thinking it was a year one mess up. And can say now that they just decided to put a shit horn in it 3 years later.
Sponsored

ARAKNID

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 prem. Supra Ford F-150 Jeep Gr Cherokee
I made this comment 1 month after release when there were only a handful in the wild. I was thinking it was a year one mess up. And can say now that they just decided to put a shit horn in it 3 years later.
Sorry. I didn't catch that date. It made sense at the time.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
It’s not a shit horn, it’s just missing the low frequency horn. $17 on Amazon and a couple hours taking your time, it can be done by even an older guy by himself, and the car sounds normal now.

Too bad I still look like shit..

ARAKNID

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s not a shit horn, it’s just missing the low frequency horn. $17 on Amazon and a couple hours taking your time, it can be done by even an older guy by himself, and the car sounds normal now.

Too bad I still look like shit..
As another old guy (Hey, we USED to look good) I would like some specifics. What is the item number at Amazon and how did you install it? Tell me you figured out a way to do it without removing the bumper cover.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As another old guy (Hey, we USED to look good) I would like some specifics. What is the item number at Amazon and how did you install it? Tell me you figured out a way to do it without removing the bumper cover.
Huh, I never looked that good.. ? :dunno:

Part number is FIAMM 72112.

I removed the bumper to install it on the passenger side as there is already a pretapped hole on the exact opposite side of the crash bar where the factory high freq horn is located.

I made a simple harness tapping both + and - from the factory wire and connecting it to the new horn in parallel.

The biggest issue for me was I have poor vision due to age and it was difficult to see where the bolts go back on when I was putting it all back together.. cause you know, could not see through my reading glasses in that position..

Helps greatly to have a compact 1/4 drive electric ratchet.

I work on cars a lot so taking off the bumper is not a big deal.. just a hassle as I don’t want to scratch anything… and was just lazy putting it off for 2 years…

AMBLERBOB

First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR SUPRA
Does anyone know which wires under the hood one could tap into for a second horn that would
not require removal of front bumper? There has to be awired connection between the steering
wheel and the horn.

ARAKNID

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The electrical stuff I have done before. But I don't think I have the cajones to take the bumper off. I feel fairly certain I would screw something up and it would be higher on one side when I got it back together. If you run into the vision thing a lot, my dad had an optical shop make a pair of bi-focals with the "reading lenses" at the top. You have to convince them that's what you want, but they can do it.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I felt the same way and was against the bumper removal. Unfortunately the bumper must come off to add the necessary secondary horn.

Keep in mind the bumper only comes off and on in one fashion. Simplistic once you do it. Once loose... be certain to unplug the outer parking sensors (clip) before pulling it away from the car.

The only real alignment adjustment is on the right and left side where the bumper meets the hood edge. Very easy to adjust the 2 bolts of needed.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For those that did go through with replacing the horn, which one did you go with? I am am planning to change the horn and hope to just plug/play.
I thought I read somewhere that the Z4 gets the lower frequency horn and the Supra gets the high frequency horn. So perhaps you might want to read about the Z4 horn and possibly a plug an play.
HOWEVER, the FIAMM horn I used works perfectly fine and plug and play is over rated. Thing is just 2 wires man.. anyone can install it if they can handle removing the bumper and putting it back.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
There's hope... just add the low pitch bmw horn.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I think the z4 horn sounds better than the Fiamm one. The low tone isn't coming through the same on the Fiamm one

Supa_Smlz

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
I thought I read somewhere that the Z4 gets the lower frequency horn and the Supra gets the high frequency horn. So perhaps you might want to read about the Z4 horn and possibly a plug an play.
HOWEVER, the FIAMM horn I used works perfectly fine and plug and play is over rated. Thing is just 2 wires man.. anyone can install it if they can handle removing the bumper and putting it back.
Thanks for the info!

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX