Forge Catch Can

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Its either coming from the pcv or ccv. The mishimoto is on the ccv. The forged or the verus or the bms are on the pcv. You may need both lines canned. Even mishimoto said their is oil from both, they went after what they thought was the bigger contributor. They said you will still get some in the charge pipe even with their can.

i want confirmation from someone, anyone, that they are accumulating oil on the pcv in one of the can solutions. To date i have not caught any oil with the mishimoto but there is definitely still oil in the charge pipe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Its either coming from the pcv or ccv. The mishimoto is on the ccv. The forged or the verus or the bms are on the pcv. You may need both lines canned. Even mishimoto said their is oil from both, they went after what they thought was the bigger contributor. They said you will still get some in the charge pipe even with their can.

i want confirmation from someone, anyone, that they are accumulating oil on the pcv in one of the can solutions. To date i have not caught any oil with the mishimoto but there is definitely still oil in the charge pipe.
Interesting, thanks for clarifying on the PCV vs CCV lines. Confirmation on this would be great. Whichever sucks up the most oil would be my choice.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium

Are you seeing any oil in your CCV line with the Mishimoto kit? I'm not sure how but I suspect the Mishi is flawed and the real issue is indeed the the CCV line. It's either that or oil coming directly from the turbo..

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Are you seeing any oil in your CCV line with the Mishimoto kit? I'm not sure how but I suspect the Mishi is flawed and the real issue is indeed the the CCV line. It's either that or oil coming directly from the turbo..
no oil in the mishi

Ghostop

First Name
John snow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Zl1 10sp 2017 civic type r
Mishimoto after around 2 months

98ED9AA4-C86C-44D8-BB68-2CA6F14AD74C.jpeg
Donā€™t you have a pure800 on the car as well Moe? Interesting you have no oil in can .

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I also have pure800, CCV catch can, and top crank case catch can with no oil in either can.
Honestly, this wasn't an issue before the pure800..
what was not an issue? Oil in the charge pipe? if that is the claim you would be wrong. It is inherent with the b58

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
I also have pure800, CCV catch can, and top crank case catch can with no oil in either can.
Honestly, this wasn't an issue before the pure800..
Hmm, makes me wonder if itā€™s even worth getting a catch can if itā€™s not even doing anything :dunno:

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
what was not an issue? Oil in the charge pipe? if that is the claim you would be wrong. It is inherent with the b58
Did I notice oil in the charge pipe prior to the pure800? Yes, however I didn't consider it to be an issue.. the amount of oil that I'm now finding in the charge pipe is on another level with the new turbo.
Hmm, makes me wonder if itā€™s even worth getting a catch can if itā€™s not even doing anything :dunno:
I modified the CCV line to flow more freely into the catch can.. I'll report back if it makes any difference.

GorData

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, E90 M3, W205 C63S
Did a Pure800 on my friends A91 and boy the amount of oil in the charge pipe is out of control. Seems its coming from the CCV mostly. There was alot of oil. Smokes slightly at stop lights. Checked the turbo and there is no play, I mean it only has about 150 miles on it. I took off the charge pipe, intake tube and top PVC pipes and cleaned them. I will recheck in a few days. Car has 3200 miles.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
The check valve on my CCV line was going the wrong direction (from the factory) which wasn't allowing ANY oil to be pulled through the can forcing oil to exit places it's not supposed to.. so I removed it altogether. I will add before doing this mod the can was bone dry with roughly 1,000 miles. After this mod, the mishi can is pulling all kinds of mess out.
Sponsored