Forge Catch Can

Ghostop

First Name
John snow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Zl1 10sp 2017 civic type r
I’m currently running verus Aos , mishmoto catch can set up. On a pure800 with about 7,700 miles will check them out and update. (Was having issues before with clamps blowing off at charge pipe. But T-bolt clamps fixed issue.
Sponsored

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
I like the crankcase breather! Going ole’
School??. Any CEL’s, hidden or otherwise??

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Update

After removing Mishimoto

6B2BBD3A-A797-40E8-98CA-885BA65DFF8A.jpeg

Around 1000km

Was not enough to reach drain bolt. It caught a little oil.

Is it worth it? That is subjective

In my case most oil was from PCV side..

I deleted the PCV tube and added a breather on top. Bottom turbo inlet where PCV connects was blocked.. Just like top mount turbo kits

Also..

Modified Forge chargepipe so it is the same diameter where the two pipes connect and added a vibrant brace

This should fix the issues I am currently facing (oil accumulation in intake tract and chargepipe popping off)
@a90moe, if you’d like to fabricate and put together your own catch can kit, I’m sure you’ll have plenty of customers in just this thread alone lol

HappyFins

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Seems fine doing 4-5 data logs (60-130mph) ;)
Hello just following up how your situation stands. How did you block off the PCV? You have a part# for the breather? Moving on to a Pure700 soon and trying to take preventative measures. Thanks in advance.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Hello just following up how your situation stands. How did you block off the PCV? You have a part# for the breather? Moving on to a Pure700 soon and trying to take preventative measures. Thanks in advance.
Hey there, back to stock PCV since oil did not stop

It is normal behavior esp for a Pure800 car. Never heard of oil issues with the Pure700

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Hey there, back to stock PCV since oil did not stop

It is normal behavior esp for a Pure800 car. Never heard of oil issues with the Pure700
Looks like people are sending their turbo back to pure for warranty work. I've not read any complaints after a fresh rebuild.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Looks like people are sending their turbo back to pure for warranty work. I've not read any complaints after a fresh rebuild.
Yes, and some were also with no issues.. Hit or miss I guess

Playloc

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T
Hello everyone,
I've been stalking these forums for the last couple of months debating if I wanted to get the Refraction A91. No dealers have one in my area, so I'd have to order one if they're still available. I know I'm not a Supra owner yet, but I could be in 2-3 months. :)

I'm tad concerned with the issues everyone seems to be having with these catch cans. I've used a billet catch can on my stock, 2014 Charger R/T, since I bought it. It's collected soooo much oil sludge, over the years, from the PCV valve it's not funny. I hate to think, what my intake manifold, would look like if I didn't have it.

Looking at the prices on these and for them to not be working, that's not good. With these cans not working, it may lead me to a different direction on my next car.

I see it's been a couple weeks since the last post, but has anyone had some new outcomes with their cans catching oil, or new updates to a fix? Could the issue be more with an upgraded turbo over the stock turbo?

As someone stated previously, this oil has to be coming from somewhere different, if it's not collecting in the PCV or CCV cans! :doh:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I think the latest is, especially the 2021's are burning through so much oil that there's nothing to catch:eek::hmm: lol

Playloc

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T
LoL....yeah I've heard they are having a lot of oil consumption issues, and people having to get brand new engines installed on cars with 3K miles or less! o_O

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
LoL....yeah I've heard they are having a lot of oil consumption issues, and people having to get brand new engines installed on cars with 3K miles or less! o_O
I'm not convinced it's a lot. I've seen approximately 20 ish folks between here and five different Facebook groups reporting issues (out of hundreds sold). A few of them were also not 100% sure as they were down below the maximum line, but no where near minimal either. One guy was at 5k miles on the initial factory oil and had done two track days before it dropped to low.

I'm glad people are doing their due diligence and there definitely have been a few very worrisome reports where folks had to get new engines, but it appears that the majority thus far aren't having issues. I too own a 21 with 1500 miles on it and continue to monitor mine but so far the sample size is far too small.

Playloc

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T
I'm not convinced it's a lot. I've seen approximately 20 ish folks between here and five different Facebook groups reporting issues (out of hundreds sold). A few of them were also not 100% sure as they were down below the maximum line, but no where near minimal either. One guy was at 5k miles on the initial factory oil and had done two track days before it dropped to low.

I'm glad people are doing their due diligence and there definitely have been a few very worrisome reports where folks had to get new engines, but it appears that the majority thus far aren't having issues. I too own a 21 with 1500 miles on it and continue to monitor mine but so far the sample size is far too small.
I appreciate the info Hookem. Not sure how reliable Goodcarbadcar.net is, https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/toyota-supra-sales-figures/, but they're showing around 1,725 2021 Supra's sold to date, so 20'ish folks is not too bad a number with issues, as long as, everyone is reporting them.

From my experience, it still seems really odd to me, that these catch cans aren't catching any oil from the reports in this post. Unless, they're just a poor design and don't work well on the B58 engine. I tried looking up other websites/reviews, but wasn't having much luck finding anything.

Hopefully, someone will get it figured out soon, so we can keep these engines cleaner from the oily sludge blow-by.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
I appreciate the info Hookem. Not sure how reliable Goodcarbadcar.net is, https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/toyota-supra-sales-figures/, but they're showing around 1,725 2021 Supra's sold to date, so 20'ish folks is not too bad a number with issues, as long as, everyone is reporting them.

From my experience, it still seems really odd to me, that these catch cans aren't catching any oil from the reports in this post. Unless, they're just a poor design and don't work well on the B58 engine. I tried looking up other websites/reviews, but wasn't having much luck finding anything.

Hopefully, someone will get it figured out soon, so we can keep these engines cleaner from the oily sludge blow-by.
Nice find! Makes me feel even better. I'm sure there are more out there with issues, but I figured there would be a lot more noise if it was affecting more people. I'll keep my fingers crossed but I'm feeling pretty good today.
Sponsored