Garage door opener??

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
I have Genie Intellicode. Main unit has a learn button under the plastic covering over the lights. Have to press that then jump down and get in car to complete process. Can be rather amusing based on your garage lay out. This isn't as much about your car as it's your garage door trying to protect you.

Capture.PNG

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
I've got mine to connect to a few diff. doors when I programmed it, but only with the engine running at the time - only fookin time it would work.

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
I have Genie Intellicode. Main unit has a learn button under the plastic covering over the lights. Have to press that then jump down and get in car to complete process. Can be rather amusing based on your garage lay out. This isn't as much about your car as it's your garage door trying to protect you.

Capture.PNG
Jeeze that sounds like a lot of fun🤔
That means car has to be in garage while you play with the buttons on the ceiling!😱

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
I used this video successfully...

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
That means car has to be in garage while you play with the buttons on the ceiling!😱
Depending on size and shape of garage, you can push car forward and to the right to make space for a chair or step ladder between driver door and driver seat. then you can hop down and get in car with plenty of time. Honestly, you can probably make 20' to get into the car in the drive way. 30 seconds or whatever it is is longer than you might think.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Or you know have a 2nd person do the pressing. Are Supra owners single 🤔🤣

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Mine works great. As probably already mentioned, you have to put your garage door opener into a learning mode also. Once you do that, you are good to go. It's really nice not having to have an actual opener in the car, especially since I only have two.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Unless this is for a gate at a condo or something, I recommend just getting an app controlled opener like the Chamberlane and use your AppleWatch/iPhone.

I swapped mine like 4 yrs ago and stopped using HomeLink on my various cars as they kept losing the rolling code after a few cycles on the newer garage door openers.

Plus I ride my e-bike for fun and don't feel like carrying a garage door opener remote or trust the 4 digit keypad as those are pretty easy to break. I guess something to think about if one hasn't already migrated to smart openers.
Sponsored