First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
There are several posters here that posted about the confusion of the 1” speaker wadding template. Many of them even questioned the use of sheets vs pull-apart wadding.
If your suggestion is just to re-read it, then I can also suggest you to read between pages 8 to 13 to see what the confusion is about.
I apologise, I am but a simple Kiwi & did this modification myself many months ago with very little trouble.
Sponsored

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I apologise, I am but a simple Kiwi & did this modification myself many months ago with very little trouble.
I do believe the modification will provide dramatic improvements. I am just confused where the wadding goes. In the first post, the sub cover was completely removed, but there were red and blue arrows showing where the wadding needs to go. Without taking off the sub cover, you can’t access the red arrows. So did people stick the measured and cut wadding into the elongated exhaust port and just manipulated it so it doesn’t cover up the elongated port?

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Where did people use the speaker wadding? The video linked showed it in the materials required but didn’t even use it.
The template for “speaker batting” is confusing too, none of the people here talked about that part and where they even used the 1” speaker wadding.
Speaker batting = speaker wadding...They are one and the same....

I suggest just reviewing my first post again and try not to get caught up into the details mentioned in posts after the first post as I have updated the first post in this thread many times to reflect the contributions made by others later on in this thread....

The first post clearly shows the speaker wadding / batting template and I go into descriptive detail as to how to line the walls with the batting / wadding...

Hope that helps clarify things and good luck....

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Speaker batting = speaker wadding...They are one and the same....

I suggest just reviewing my first post again and try not to get caught up into the details mentioned in posts after the first post as I have updated the first post in this thread many times to reflect the contributions made by others later on in this thread....

The first post clearly shows the speaker wadding / batting template and I go into descriptive detail as to how to line the walls with the batting / wadding...

Hope that helps clarify things and good luck....
I think I get the idea now. The template allows the exhaust to come in from the red arrows and exit through the two elongated slits while reducing the amount of sound waves from hitting inside that cavity. And you slide the wadding through one of the slits and manipulated with a long flathead.
Thank you.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Absolutely fantastic writeup here. First rate work and outstanding documentation. Thank you so much.

An alternative to purchasing the 2" bass ports would be to print them if you happen to have a 3D printer (as I do). You'll find many different styles on Thingiverse for bass ports. Here's a link to a simple one that replicates the ports you used.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3461959

Again, great work.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Absolutely fantastic writeup here. First rate work and outstanding documentation. Thank you so much.

An alternative to purchasing the 2" bass ports would be to print them if you happen to have a 3D printer (as I do). You'll find many different styles on Thingiverse for bass ports. Here's a link to a simple one that replicates the ports you used.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3461959

Again, great work.
Excellent Idea! I just ordered a basic entry level printer from black friday. I'm already looking for stuff to print once I get up and running. I will definitely put this on the list. Maybe etch Supra across the hole or something else.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
The 3D printed ports (from the file, above) worked great! As given, the outer diameter is 2.5"; the inner is 2". My 2.5" hole saw was perfect for this.

Great mod, really did clean up the bass very nicely.
IMG_2366.JPG

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
wow this is an awesome thread TY all for the details. Love the car- hate the sound system...

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
Wow if somebody could make a ported back plate read to buy and install! That would make it easy for a lot of people.

pav911

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
Wow if somebody could make a ported back plate read to buy and install! That would make it easy for a lot of people.
I am absolutely useless at anything handy and even I managed to do the porting, so I think it's worth saving the money and doing it yourself. that said I did need to buy a few tools that I'm unlikely to use again so maybe there is an advantage to buying a pre-made up panel.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
I am absolutely useless at anything handy and even I managed to do the porting, so I think it's worth saving the money and doing it yourself. that said I did need to buy a few tools that I'm unlikely to use again so maybe there is an advantage to buying a pre-made up panel.
That is what I am saying most people don’t have all the tools to make it correctly a premade panel would be golden and not cost that much.