How to Improve OE Sub Bass Quality and Eliminate Vibrations

pav911

First Name
Pav
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
Just in case there are others as new to this as me, I’m going to add what I’m learning along the way.

It helped to lay all the cut dynamat pieces down for a test fit before sticking anything.

I also realised I’ll need some sort of cleaning solvent to prep the trunk area before sticking down the dynamat.

A82B7618-C185-413B-AF89-471FFDB7E213.jpeg

Advertisement

pav911

First Name
Pav
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
yes...it will allow you to pull up the rear of the cover a few inches to make it easier to insert center foam block...
I honestly don't see how I can get a 2" foam block up there. Or do you mean put noico up there? thx

OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly don't see how I can get a 2" foam block up there. Or do you mean put noico up there? thx
I used 2" foam....foam compresses...You can also cut the foam to a 1"x2"x6" block...

pav911

First Name
Pav
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
I used 2" foam....foam compresses...
Another thing I've learnt is there's all sorts of foam. I think I ended up buying the stuff that doesn't compress all that well. it's quite firm.

OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing I've learnt is there's all sorts of foam. I think I ended up buying the stuff that doesn't compress all that well. it's quite firm.
It appears as if you have the correct foam from the pic you just posted...just cut the foam block to a 1"x2"x6" block and insert

Supra889021

Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Greetings one and all. I'm a car guy and have owned 2 earlier Supras. Now looking to maybe buy a '21 3.0 Prem.
I need your help if anyone knows the answer. I've seen many vids on the "issues" with the vibration caused by how the speakers are mounted, poor insulation, etc. My question is: Are you all talking about the 2020 model...and is the 2021 exactly the same OR did Toyota "happen" to fix this issue?? If I'm going to buy the '21 I need to know if I'm going to face this very same issue.
Thank you all for any help and knowledge you have with the new Supras.

Rocksandblues

Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, f250
Same design. It’s just kinda meh
Not a big deal to me. Definitely not even in the top 30 reasons to buy or not buy.

pav911

First Name
Pav
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
I'd definitely recommend taking your favorite music to the dealer and spending some time with the car and its audio system. I really regret not doing this, as I wouldn't have bought the car knowing what I do now. Of course where the audio system sits in your list of reasons to buy a car is different for each person so it may not bother you that much. Without a doubt this is a great car to drive and I'm trying to best to just ignore the rubbish audio system.

Rocksandblues

Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, f250
Everyone is different. It can definitely be improved. I didn't even turn the radio on during my test drive. lol

Advertisement

Advertisement