Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
most people have drills I would think and a hole saw adapter is very cheap
Most people don’t have this stuff bro! I am just saying would be cool for somebody or some company to come up with a pre made subwoofer back plate with the ports already in it since just like the side wind buffering fix, this is something all Supra owners need to address.
Sponsored

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Some of these recent comments are hilarious. In generations past, *any* car-person would have a garage full of tools and know how to weld, use a lathe or press, and would fabricate many parts from scratch. That was a necessary skill set and you'd be laughed out of town if you told someone you couldn't drill a hole in a part for a modification.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Some of these recent comments are hilarious. In generations past, *any* car-person would have a garage full of tools and know how to weld, use a lathe or press, and would fabricate many parts from scratch. That was a necessary skill set and you'd be laughed out of town if you told someone you couldn't drill a hole in a part for a modification.
Come on now bro what you just said does not make any sense you don’t need these skills to enjoy this car! Some of y’all taking this stuff to seriously

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What kind of American male doesn't own a drill and a tape measure?
Once again you don’t get it but oh well I got all the parts and I am an engineer I was speaking of other people who don’t want or don’t know how to do this! I wanted to make it easy for these folks! The Supra forum is turning into the corvette forum ?

SupraMK86

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 3.0 Premium
Sick burn. Not all forum members are male or American, but I agree that if they can afford a Supra they should also splurge on a drill and tape measure.
Well, if they aren't American then they depend on Americans. ;)

D.Flynn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yugo
Does anyone have any advice for installing the wadding? I followed Tadda’s instruction, but it is difficult to tell how it’s laying out. Couldn’t really tell how well the long screwdriver worked Can anyone share some tips of how they were able to tell it laid out correctly?

T.I.A.

john99teg

First Name
johnreb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a91 nocturnal special edition
For the wadding, I folded the outside part into the middle then put it through the top vent. Once unfold, just use the flathead screwdriver to make it go against the walls of the metal enclosure. It will take a little patience but you will get there. Also does not need to be perfect as long as wadding goes against the bottom and walls, you should be good. Took me 5 minutes each

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
Does anyone have any advice for installing the wadding? I followed Tadda’s instruction, but it is difficult to tell how it’s laying out. Couldn’t really tell how well the long screwdriver worked Can anyone share some tips of how they were able to tell it laid out correctly?

T.I.A.

It was pretty easy to be honest. Just push it through and wiggle it until it fits correctly. You can tell it isn't fitting correctly because it doesn't feel even...i.e. some parts are hard and compressed.

D.Flynn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yugo
I can’t see anything looking into the ports. It wasn’t hard to install, just not sure it’s in place correctly

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
Working through these same design flaw issues at inMobile/Soundwerks in Scottsdale -- already added BAV speakers and subs as well as JL Audio amp/DSP. They are working on the sub area in a similar fashion to this thread. Great info!

pav911

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Range Rover, Mini JCW
Just curious how everyone else has been able to see what they were doing through the vents. I am doubtful mine is spread out very well
I don't think you need to get it perfect. I felt like I hadn't done a very good job of it, but it still made an improvement.
Sponsored