How to Improve OE Sub Bass Quality and Eliminate Vibrations

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Did you found a solution for it?

I'm having the same issue after the project done. Looked and tested a bunch of things but nothing yet...
I literally just dropped it off at the dealership to have them replace that speaker behind the seat under warranty. I’m 90% sure that’s what my issue is.

I’ll post on here whether or not that fixes it when I pick it up next week.
Sponsored

roddrsw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT
I literally just dropped it off at the dealership to have them replace that speaker behind the seat under warranty. I’m 90% sure that’s what my issue is.

I’ll post on here whether or not that fixes it when I pick it up next week.
Thank you!!

I was about to think the same... BTW mine is also a 2023 MT... not sure I saw anyone else in the thread with this issue other than us, so maybe that's something for the 23/MT.....

What's interesting though is that it wasn't that bad before I started the project, so I kinda feel there's something at the upper piece of the subwoofer box. I see you removed the side panels before, have you removed that top part as well?

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
I’m sorry but I’m not going to read this whole thread. Has anyone just replaced the factory subs with real subs? Kicker Punch JL etc? How did they do vs stock?

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Exactly where are you talking about?

Edit: I figured it out, its the panel gap behind the seats, the panels that hold the child seat latch.
so that’s what that hook is for. Thought it might be some sort of harness attachment afterthought.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I’m sorry but I’m not going to read this whole thread. Has anyone just replaced the factory subs with real subs? Kicker Punch JL etc? How did they do vs stock?
Won’t happen. Poor enclosure for starts

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Thank you!!

I was about to think the same... BTW mine is also a 2023 MT... not sure I saw anyone else in the thread with this issue other than us, so maybe that's something for the 23/MT.....

What's interesting though is that it wasn't that bad before I started the project, so I kinda feel there's something at the upper piece of the subwoofer box. I see you removed the side panels before, have you removed that top part as well?
So apparently they got the box with the right part # but it had the wrong part inside. They just ordered it again and it will probably be another month or so before they get it. I'll update once it's replaced.

roddrsw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT
So apparently they got the box with the right part # but it had the wrong part inside. They just ordered it again and it will probably be another month or so before they get it. I'll update once it's replaced.
Interesting, thanks for letting us know!

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
This is pretty ridiculous and awesome at the same time.
Believe me when I say. It’s not obnoxious at all. Car was dismantled and heavily deadened. Has a nasty front stage to go w the subs. True 3way front w 6.5” mid bass in the doors where they belong.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Believe me when I say. It’s not obnoxious at all. Car was dismantled and heavily deadened. Has a nasty front stage to go w the subs. True 3way front w 6.5” mid bass in the doors where they belong.
Oh man if I was not turned off by audio installation fees I would do something like this myself even though I mostly track my car and every pound off matters. I just make do with the diy sub mod.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
Thank you Tadda for this wonderful thread. One week into my ownership and you basically fixed the worst thing about it

For those of you too lazy to read the first post, the thread, or just came in here to dickwag amongst your own car community with your wildly overkill subwoofer additions, shame on you, grow up. It's evident by your overkill additions that you will need to mature as an adult at some point.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thank you Tadda for this wonderful thread. One week into my ownership and you basically fixed the worst thing about it

For those of you too lazy to read the first post, the thread, or just came in here to dickwag amongst your own car community with your wildly overkill subwoofer additions, shame on you, grow up. It's evident by your overkill additions that you will need to mature as an adult at some point.
What are you taking about? People who changed the audio system in the Supra are turning on they’re community?
I’m one of them, and I stand behind my decision, you chose your route and I respect that. But don’t take jabs at people who don’t share your opinion

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
Yeah basically the last two pages I was was just childish nonsense. People need to grow up.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk