Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have a similar rattle.

best I can describe…., as if the speaker cone is lightly touching “something”

when speakers are driven I lose the rattle or sound db is high enough I don't hear it.

At low volume, it is as if the rear does not have enough power to actually drive the speaker….

anyone else?
I’m getting some small rattles but think it is the OEM strut brace
Sponsored

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
I don't think mine is the bar itself. Holding on that or pushing it to either side doesn't make a difference. Whatever it is, it seems like it's behind one of the two panels removed here.

I might pop those off and see what I can find.

1685028720137.png

LS-4pot

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 2.0, 2022 Audi S3
If you are taking those panels off tighten the strut brace bolt, it is a T50 I believe. My passenger side causes the most annoying creaks. I have tightened it twice now but it always starts up again after some time.

Next step I am going to try is to remove the strut brace entirely and put some felt tape on it.

funbobby

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra lexus rcf
Is there a way to delete the 2 little speakers behind the seats? seem to offer very little and distort very easily.

A.J.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra M/T
Has anyone that's done this used longer ports and cut the metal part to allow for the extra port length? Would that help or hurt the sound response and quality?

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
If you are taking those panels off tighten the strut brace bolt, it is a T50 I believe. My passenger side causes the most annoying creaks. I have tightened it twice now but it always starts up again after some time.

Next step I am going to try is to remove the strut brace entirely and put some felt tape on it.
My strut brace creaked and annoyed the hell out of me for the first couple months of driving the car. It seems to have settled in and quieted down after 1500 miles. I only hear the creaks when the chassis is being flexed considerably.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I replaced the OEM trunk bar with the Cusco brace and also added Tesa felt tape to the bottom of the window (green area in photo) where the two interior trim pieces touch - it seems those pieces tap on the windows when the car flexes over bumps. My creaks and rattles are nearly all gone!

1685028720137.png

LS-4pot

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 2.0, 2022 Audi S3
^Very good idea!

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
I replaced the OEM trunk bar with the Cusco brace and also added Tesa felt tape to the bottom of the window (green area in photo) where the two interior trim pieces touch - it seems those pieces tap on the windows when the car flexes over bumps. My creaks and rattles are nearly all gone!

1685028720137.png
Wondering if that's where my squeak is coming from, although sounds further back.

Is that panel quite easy to remove? Did you use felt tape?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Wondering if that's where my squeak is coming from, although sounds further back.

Is that panel quite easy to remove? Did you use felt tape?
Yes, I used the Tesa brand felt tape.

The trim pieces are two separate sections that are just held with clips and pop right out. The one further back comes out first, then the one under the b-pillar around the seatbelt.

There are videos of this if you search for either the harness trunk bar install or an audio/speaker replacement video.

NINaudio

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Has anyone who's done this used acousta-stuf polyfill instead of the batting to fill that metal channel?

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't think mine is the bar itself. Holding on that or pushing it to either side doesn't make a difference. Whatever it is, it seems like it's behind one of the two panels removed here.

I might pop those off and see what I can find.

1685028720137.png

I pulled the panels off and still can't find whatever is buzzing. I guess it has to be under the subwoofer cover at this point. It's so annoying because the sound is pretty good otherwise.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
After doing this I still have some sort of vibration right behind the seat I'm hunting down. I've already put foam in the one panel directly behind the seat back but there is something that's rattling about head level it sounds like. Any ideas what that could be?
Grab the strut bar next time you hear it. This was my issue despite being convinced it was further back in the car. As per advised here, removed it, filled with expanding foam and reattached. Not a single rattle in the car now

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Grab the strut bar next time you hear it. This was my issue despite being convinced it was further back in the car. As per advised here, removed it, filled with expanding foam and reattached. Not a single rattle in the car now
Unfortunately that didn't make any difference on mine.