How to Improve OE Sub Bass Quality and Eliminate Vibrations

gpcustoms

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Maserati Levante, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
LOL...Can find just about everything in this forum.
Just stumbled upon this thread and ordered the materials. Something to be said about doing projects on and off the track and although I am not a big audio guy I am certainly looking forward to trying my hands at this DIY.
Thanks again gang!

nimasis

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Big shoutout to @tadda!! I just completed this DIY on my car just to get rid of the rattles/vibrations but what impressed me the most is the quality of sound I'm getting... What a difference. The sound system is pretty decent actually.

For anyone debating, this mod is a MUST and very simple once you start doing it.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Worth doing this on the base model without JBL?

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just went through yesterday and did this. Definitely worth the effort to do. Instead of the speaker tubes I just used little speaker screens to cover the outlet. Next project is the front doors to add wadding to the door speakers. Thanks to everyone that has added input.

ignore all the dog hair 😂
D895A8A5-18E4-46BD-A846-0317F142605B.jpeg

NINaudio

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just went through yesterday and did this. Definitely worth the effort to do. Instead of the speaker tubes I just used little speaker screens to cover the outlet. Next project is the front doors to add wadding to the door speakers. Thanks to everyone that has added input.

ignore all the dog hair 😂
D895A8A5-18E4-46BD-A846-0317F142605B.jpeg
Nice, that is what I would consider doing as well, or the port tube with a screen behind it.

Scottyt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 supra , mk4 supra
Does anyone know the part number of the panel that needs to be drilled I would like to buy a spare one

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Just finished this mod today. Huge difference in clarity and volume. I will also say make sure to stuff some foam between the panel behind the seat and the carpet. That by itself eliminates a huge portion of the vibrations

I ended up using these links on amazon. You'll end up with way more foam than you need but I didn't find anywhere else to buy a smaller amount cheaper. These exhaust ports also get rid of the need to use speaker grille.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082ZPQWSK
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MLWCCZM
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M499NNX

IMG_6876.jpeg

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
Thanks @tadda, just finished this yesterday, noticeable improvement in how the sub sounds.
IMG_2003.JPG
IMG_2004.JPG

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I was thinking of adding smaller, higher horizontal ports - see image. @tadda While I know they will allow less air out, do you think they will still have the same relative effect?

My main reasoning is that the boot mat I want to get has a lip which will obscure the ports.

Thoughts?

IMG_1310.jpg

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I was thinking of adding smaller, higher horizontal ports - see image. @tadda While I know they will allow less air out, do you think they will still have the same relative effect?

My main reasoning is that the boot mat I want to get has a lip which will obscure the ports.

Thoughts?

IMG_1310.jpg
Cut the mat.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
After doing this I still have some sort of vibration right behind the seat I'm hunting down. I've already put foam in the one panel directly behind the seat back but there is something that's rattling about head level it sounds like. Any ideas what that could be?

Foogazzi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0MT Supra
I have a similar rattle.

best I can describe…., as if the speaker cone is lightly touching “something”

when speakers are driven I lose the rattle or sound db is high enough I don't hear it.

At low volume, it is as if the rear does not have enough power to actually drive the speaker….

anyone else?
Sponsored