How to Improve OE Sub Bass Quality and Eliminate Vibrations

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Does anyone have an Amazon Prime alternative for the 1" speaker wadding that is used to stuff the inner of the sub box?

I have some days off this weekend and hopping to get this mod done, but can't seem anything similar to order from Amazon.
Sponsored

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Does anyone have an Amazon Prime alternative for the 1" speaker wadding that is used to stuff the inner of the sub box?

I have some days off this weekend and hopping to get this mod done, but can't seem anything similar to order from Amazon.
Check the last few pages — stuffing wadding inside the sub is a bad idea. Skip it, don’t trust that video you probably seen.

oreobbq

First Name
oreo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue
Thanks @tadda I'm adding this to my to do list. I suppose a rough approximation of how it might be (without the deadening and wadding) is to do a sound check with just the rear panel removed.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Thanks @tadda I'm adding this to my to do list. I suppose a rough approximation of how it might be (without the deadening and wadding) is to do a sound check with just the rear panel removed.
Yep... just giving the ports some "breath" will provide about 70% of the improvements. The rest is really more about reducing all the other noise rather than actually improving driver performance. Obviously the fewer unwanted vibrations the better it will sound... but the bass performance is almost entirely just allowing the air to move better.

Well, that and coding out the fake exhaust tone... that helps also.

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Any alternatives to the Noico Adhesive Backed Foam Panels? The link in the original post seems to be dead, but a quick google search appears this stuff and super expensive (considering how little is used for this DIY). How much of a different do you think it makes if I don't use it?

Edit: Can I use the Dynamat as a substitution?

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
@tadda - 2 Questions for you:

1st: I see this template says Left Cavity. I assume the right side is just reversed (same template just flipped around)? Also, when stuffing this inside the sub box, this foam only covers 3 sides of the box. Which side of the sub box doesn't get this wadding? The top?

1673483843510.png

2nd: You mentioned putting Noico RED 315 mil Sound Insulation at the locations below. Can I use the Dynamat instead? The Noico seemed expensive for how little I would need and just curious if the Dynamat will do the job good enough.

1673484051634.png

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
@tadda - 2 Questions for you:

1st: I see this template says Left Cavity. I assume the right side is just reversed (same template just flipped around)? YES

Also, when stuffing this inside the sub box, this foam only covers 3 sides of the box. Which side of the sub box doesn't get this wadding? The top? YES

1673483843510.png

2nd: You mentioned putting Noico RED 315 mil Sound Insulation at the locations below. Can I use the Dynamat instead? The Noico seemed expensive for how little I would need and just curious if the Dynamat will do the job good enough. I used the thicker adhesive backed Noico foam to fill a gap space Dynamat is too thin...Any thick insulation foam strip would work fine here...

1673484051634.png
Answers above in Red

Ceabax

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0
Answers above in Red
Hey man first, thanks so much not only for putting this together but continuing to answer questions and help people so long after. Super nice of you.

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 8.52.28 PM.png

My brain can't seem to make sense of one part though. The piece here that I shove in behind...am I understanding that you just fold or roll it up and it'll fit through one of the openings? Then I just use a screwdriver or something to finagle it around until it's unfurled back in there?

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man first, thanks so much not only for putting this together but continuing to answer questions and help people so long after. Super nice of you.

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 8.52.28 PM.png

My brain can't seem to make sense of one part though. The piece here that I shove in behind...am I understanding that you just fold or roll it up and it'll fit through one of the openings? Then I just use a screwdriver or something to finagle it around until it's unfurled back in there?
Yup..that's it...

dn00

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI, A90
First mod I did to my '23. Improved the lows considerably. Totally worth it!

Found some cheap grills that looks decent. Ignore my dirty trunk mat.

PXL_20230202_015220143.jpg

renzhe

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 MT
thanks for this guide definitely gotta piece together some of these materials and get cracking.

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ Supra MT, 07’ 328i MT, 20’ Civic AT
@tadda Much appreciated for this detailed write up. This definitely eliminated the vibrations and looks OEM.
E10CFC08-55C4-4308-A269-5912BDAD2C2C.jpeg

43426EC8-796A-430B-B042-1ED4A3A7DF11.jpeg

I will say though my stock E92 sound system is still better, so I may still get the ghost subs. However, this build is suppose to be performance based so I may just leave it as is.

Nonetheless, thanks again:bow:

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
@tadda

When are you going to start selling predrilled & covered trim pieces for those who don't have the time, space or DIY skill? It'd be nice to know somebody could just buy a replacement trim piece and then do the foam and other stuff themselves without worry.

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@tadda

When are you going to start selling predrilled & covered trim pieces for those who don't have the time, space or DIY skill? It'd be nice to know somebody could just buy a replacement trim piece and then do the foam and other stuff themselves without worry.
Yeah, that's never going to happen...Not worth my time and effort...LOL

I also sold my Supra nearly 6 months ago...
Sponsored