How to Improve OE Sub Bass Quality and Eliminate Vibrations

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I picked up one of these years ago and I can't count the number of times it's saved my ass...
Particularly useful when you've dropped a plastic fastener and it gets stuck between things in the engine compartment. Would work great for poly-fill removal as well.

Wj100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0 Premium, 22 BMW X3 M40i, 02 Miata SE
Use a hooked pick/pry tool?
Got it all out with a hooked pic. Can't decide what was more annoying, putting the poly in or taking it out? I'll never get those two hours of my life back. Thanks YouTube!

Last edited:

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
One question about tape used for attaching the grille.

Does it need to be a foam type? Trying to work out how it doesnt vibrate as well if not?

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
One question about tape used for attaching the grille.

Does it need to be a foam type? Trying to work out how it doesnt vibrate as well if not?
Double sided foam tape is used to isolate and prevent added vibrations...

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
Ah ok. Will see if i can get some locally, thanks.

Had some luck with a speaker grill supplier , should be nearlky identical to your example after that arrives and i find some tape.

So far i have only added ports without foam or wadding and i did the silicone glue on the top sub grills.

Its a massive difference already in terms of vibrations. Hoping the foam and wadding will bring the response up

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
I used 2" foam....foam compresses...You can also cut the foam to a 1"x2"x6" block...
Sorry one final question on this part, It looks like there are three additonal blcoks you place under the centre piece, Are all three the same 1x2x6 size?

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry one final question on this part, It looks like there are three additonal blcoks you place under the centre piece, Are all three the same 1x2x6 size?
I honestly don't recall it was so long ago...ha!

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I just did this mod, and HOLY CRAP it sounds insanely good. Thank you @tadda !!!! You're the man!!!!

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
In case there's still people doing this mod, I made a 3D printed speaker port

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-05 at 7.52.52 AM.jpeg

I didn't feel like spending $10 a port from amazon, nor did I felt like waiting long for a cheaper port, so I made my own one. I'll attach the STL so you guys can print it too!

I printed the speaker ports facing upwards, so that it's nice and smooth like on the picture above. This is how I printed it, for a better visual aspect:

1662380101830.png

I printed these at:
Infill Density: 30%
Layer Height: 0.06mm
Wall Thickness: 1mm

Print temperature varies with material, and quality (mine was 210F with PLA), so use to your typical choosing.

Overall the ports look great and they basically snap in the 2" holes (very satisfying). You be the judge on how it looks:

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-05 at 7.57.28 AM.jpeg

EDIT: If there's any improvements that you believe that could be done, shoot me a message!

Attachments

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2022
Doing this mod but hesitate to drill into the panel. Looking to get another panel to have that peace of mind to revert to stock.

Don't suppose anyone knows the part number? I tried searching online after seeing some numbers on the part itself but couldn't pull anything up...I'm hoping I couldn't search right. May contact Toyota to help find it since I can't make sense of how to search the codes.
Sponsored