I may have been swindled? 2J Racing Complaint (Resolved) (Owner Joe Ippolito)

DrMaryStone

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
To be upfront I will not be naming the shop that I worked with as to not cause any problems if there ends up not being any.

So a little backstory, I had a shop local to me that deals in race speced cars and tuning that did exhaust work, coil overs and tuning for my 2020 supra.
I asked the shop owner early on why we wouldn't flash and his reason was that it would void the warranty.

So a month later I get my car back today and my jb4 appears to only have 3 maps safe for use. It is my understanding these are the base maps that come with the unit.
The owner told me not to use the custom map and only 1-3 are safe (even though I have seen info online saying blow turbos are common on pump 93+ map3?)

Anyway, the shop owner told me they did a dyno of the car with the different maps. What is funny is that he includes map 5 on this chart which is only intended for ethanol mixtures which I don't think he could have run because no additional fuel was added to the car.

In any case this all seems kind of fishy to me. It is nothing more at this point other than "suspicious".
I am including a screenshot of the dyno run charts with the information he sent to me pertaining to use of the JB4 (which we also covered when i met him in person today).

Hopefully someone here may be able to tell me if my car was even "custom" tuned with the JB4. I am inclined to say it was not and they just installed the unit and called it a day. This would be very unfortunate as I paid for a tune. For now I have decided to stop running the jb4 altogether until I get this straightened out or at least get some security I am not going to blow my turbo or engine.

*Bonus Note* The owner details in the email that he personally added the "Crackle and Pops" to all maps in sport mode. This doesn't really make sense because those existed before as we decided to keep the stock tips. I just thought it was an interesting thing to claim which also had me thinking (is this guy serious?).

supra1.PNG

supra2.PNG
Sponsored

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
I’m under the impression the only way to customize JB4 settings or “tune” is via map 6…. Not sure what this guy told you but it doesn’t sound right. If your JB4 has EWG, map 4 is ideal on 93 pump. If you want it adjusted via map 6, contact @Jesse DaBears.

Edit: just read the notes. The “software” mentioned is the JB4 mobile app which you would need to one download to create an account and two register to you car so you can change the maps, log and monitor data. So if he did what he said, he has your car on an account he made.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong. But this guy is lying/cheating from what I can tell.

Edit 2: I hope you used a Credit car to pay this shop. If so dispute now!

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
He probably did add ethanol for that map5 run no way he made 489WHP on pump gas… is it a custom tune no just plug and play JB4 probably which is sketchy those graphs look like OTS JB4 maps with the intermittent spikes a custom tune would be smoother. Jesse is the expert with this tuning piggyback platform. Also JB4 doesn’t adjust burble settings it’s not possible.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
IMG_3915.png

For example these are what smooth power graphs looks like on MHD. Stock, 93 octane OTS, and a custom E50 map by pureboost.de

OP
OP

DrMaryStone

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
I’m under the impression the only way to customize JB4 settings or “tune” is via map 6…. Not sure what this guy told you but it doesn’t sound right. If your JB4 has EWG, map 4 is ideal on 93 pump. If you want it adjusted via map 6, contact @Jesse DaBears.

Edit: just read the notes. The “software” mentioned is the JB4 mobile app which you would need to one download to create an account and two register to you car so you can change the maps, log and monitor data. So if he did what he said, he has your car on an account he made.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong. But this guy is lying/cheating from what I can tell.

Edit 2: I hope you used a Credit car to pay this shop. If so dispute now!
Yes I do have the app and have it connected to the car. However I think I got nothing more than off the shelf maps.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
So ya definitely sounds a little well… anyone can technically custom tune a JB4, but no way to really know from here, maybe reach out to @Jesse DaBears as he is the jb4 expert, also there is no way to adjust burble, overrun/ pop setting with jb4 which makes me think he is full of it; physically impossible and if he found a way well he’s be making a lot of money 😂

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Yup definitely conned. Sorry to hear :(

Map 1-5 are ots maps. And you can not adjust pops and bangs woth jb4. Haha rip.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
What I don't get is you say they deal with race spec cars... Those usually are not so gullible easily scammable type things., I'd expect..
Are they scamming all?? Or they just don't care for JB4 ? Weird... 🙄 ☹

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
To be upfront I will not be naming the shop that I worked with as to not cause any problems if there ends up not being any.

So a little backstory, I had a shop local to me that deals in race speced cars and tuning that did exhaust work, coil overs and tuning for my 2020 supra.

So a month later I get my car back today and my jb4 appears to only have 3 maps safe for use. It is my understanding these are the base maps that come with the unit.
The owner told me not to use the custom map and only 1-3 are safe (even though I have seen info online saying blow turbos are common on pump 93+ map3?)

Anyway, the shop owner told me they did a dyno of the car with the different maps. What is funny is that he includes map 5 on this chart which is only intended for ethanol mixtures which I don't think he could have run because no additional fuel was added to the car.

In any case this all seems kind of fishy to me. It is nothing more at this point other than "suspicious".

Hopefully someone here may be able to tell me if my car was even "custom" tuned with the JB4. I am inclined to say it was not and they just installed the unit and called it a day. This would be very unfortunate as I paid for a tune. For now I have decided to stop running the jb4 altogether until I get this straightened out or at least get some security I am not going to blow my turbo or engine.

*Bonus Note* The owner details in the email that he personally added the "Crackle and Pops" to all maps in sport mode. This doesn't really make sense because those existed before as we decided to keep the stock tips. I just thought it was an interesting thing to claim which also had me thinking (is this guy serious?).
listen man, this is a forum, where members ask questions and help each other. it would be a disservice to other Georgia locals if you don't share the shop name. the last part about the crackles and pops is wildly laughable, almost like he was mocking you. name the shop so others don't experience the same misfortune as you

and what do you mean a month later you got your car back? for coils, exhaust work, and tuning? that's wild..

edit: also, sorry to hear man. that sucks

Last edited:

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Definitely name drop. They scammed you straight up, I recognize the dyno chart from the BMS website... they just blanked out where it says "Z4".
https://burgertuning.com/products/b38-b46-b48-b58-bmw-jb4
1691675486426.png

Sorry to hear that man... They did the equivalent of 1 hr work throwing the JB4 on with no dyno time.

Last edited:

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner

Cbklax3

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Definitely name drop. They scammed you straight up, I recognize the dyno chart from the BMS website... they just blanked out where it says "Z4".
https://burgertuning.com/products/b38-b46-b48-b58-bmw-jb4
1691675486426.png

Sorry to hear that man... They did the equivalent of 1 hr work throwing the JB4 on with no dyno time.
Wow…. Just wow…. Absolutely name drop the shop. Also in Georgia and would want to avoid this shop in the future.
Sponsored