Istvan

First Name
Istvan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021 Premium
Hi
I have my supra now for a Week and on a longer trip the I-phone was on the charging pad for a while ( Blue light on) than Apple Carplay started acting up and when i took the phone out of the cradle it was very hot. I had Spotify going and the Google maps. My phone is a I-Phone X
Any body with similar experience? Is there a fix ?
Sponsored

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 MKV, '21 4R TRDP, '20 JLUR, '13 LR4, '72 442
Hi
I have my supra now for a Week and on a longer trip the I-phone was on the charging pad for a while ( Blue light on) than Apple Carplay started acting up and when i took the phone out of the cradle it was very hot. I had Spotify going and the Google maps. My phone is a I-Phone X
Same with an iPhone 11 Pro Max though.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Both my Pixel 4 and 6 heat up on the charging mat. I just stopped using it, it doesn't charge fast enough anyway.

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi
That's how batteries work my man.

They will run hot while charging. Nothing to worry about. Go touch any electronic that's plugged in and you'll see.

Wireless charge and fast charging will build up more heat than usual. Same like how if your phone is struggling to get signal and has gotta boost itself, it will then generate more heat.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
That's how batteries work my man.

They will run hot while charging. Nothing to worry about. Go touch any electronic that's plugged in and you'll see.

Wireless charge and fast charging will build up more heat than usual. Same like how if your phone is struggling to get signal and has gotta boost itself, it will then generate more heat.
Not supposed to get so hot they start malfunctioning which is what happens. That’s not how it’s supposed to work. That’s why I also use the USB. No biggie. Works perfectly plugged in.

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I don’t use the wireless charging in the car because it gets hot. I just plug in to usb when I want to charge

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Same experience with my Samsung G8. I accidentally left my phone in the cradle after pulling in the garage. 3 hrs later I realized I had left it there.? My phone was very hot.
I prefer the USB charger.

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
USB is the way to go in the Supra. My GMC Sierra’s wireless charging pad is cooled so the phone actually gets cooler than ambient temperature when it’s charging. Wish the Supra did that too. At least it’s wireless CarPlay

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Same experience with my Samsung G8. I accidentally left my phone in the cradle after pulling in the garage. 3 hrs later I realized I had left it there.? My phone was very hot.
I prefer the USB charger.
Turn on the mobile phone reminder. Upon engine turning off, it'll warn you that you've left it.

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350
Y'all must be driving with a feather foot if your phone even stays in the cradle... I never use the thing lol