Installed Eibach Z4 3.0 lower springs .8” drop

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
Sitting just right…

A20D3602-CB3F-422E-A0B3-F672C141C0EC.jpeg
If it is on the same springs as Andrew4Supra it looks a bit higher in the front. Are the shipping spacers removed?
Sponsored

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
If it is on the same springs as Andrew4Supra it looks a bit higher in the front. Are the shipping spacers removed?
Yep it’s on the same springs mate… that photo was taken not long after fitting, it’s nicely settled a little lower now ??

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
Edit: disregard, I found where someone else asked that question in this thread.

When you guys trimmed the rear bump stop that has the dust boot pressed onto it, what did you do to keep the boot from falling down after you trimmed the last section of the bump stop?

B3806732-ACCA-4127-970E-3EFCD3F6AD08.jpeg

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
When you guys trimmed the rear bump stop that has the dust boot pressed onto it, what did you do to keep the boot from falling down after you trimmed the last section of the bump stop?

B3806732-ACCA-4127-970E-3EFCD3F6AD08.jpeg
Sounds like I did something different from Andrews……I trimmed mine from the top on these rear bump stops because I didn’t want an issue with what’s going to hold the boot in place. If you pull the bump stop out of that metal piece it sits in, you’ll see the section I trimmed off. It worked perfectly for me.

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
When I dropped the strut and pulled off the boot and bump stop I was able to separate the bump from the boot. Then I cut the bottom section off then squeezed the next section of the bump stop back into the sleeve. It wasn’t too difficult.
52FB41C6-8A65-4946-9E46-A0AA09EDAF1E.jpeg

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Started this installation today. Got the fronts done easy. Ran into a massive issue in the rear where I couldn't get the Knuckle Bushings that pivot to line up properly, got the E20 torx bolt in a bind and stripped it to hell backing it back out. Going to go to tractor supply and Lowes tomorrow to look for a replacement bolt and nut. I did have the shock in and bolted up when I tried to bolt the knuckle back.

What the hell do/did you guys do to get the knuckle Bushings, the things that pivot that the E20 torx bolt goes through, to line up properly so that you could easily get the bolt through?! Also, does anyone have a part number for this bolt/nut combo?

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Started this installation today. Got the fronts done easy. Ran into a massive issue in the rear where I couldn't get the Knuckle Bushings that pivot to line up properly, got the E20 torx bolt in a bind and stripped it to hell backing it back out. Going to go to tractor supply and Lowes tomorrow to look for a replacement bolt and nut. I did have the shock in and bolted up when I tried to bolt the knuckle back.

What the hell do/did you guys do to get the knuckle Bushings, the things that pivot that the E20 torx bolt goes through, to line up properly so that you could easily get the bolt through?! Also, does anyone have a part number for this bolt/nut combo?
I used my floor jack to support the arm and move it into position so that pushing this bolt through was a lot easier. Hopefully that makes sense and helps you out.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I used my floor jack to support the arm and move it into position so that pushing this bolt through was a lot easier. Hopefully that makes sense and helps you out.
Where did you place the jack when you were jacking it up? Did you have to use any assist tool to get the bearings/Bushings to line up? Did you have to jack it up at all or was the jack just for support? Was the shock in the assembly and bolted down?

Man I'm so fking stressed over this. I've done countless suspension jobs before and never ran into any issues like this. The front literally took me 45 minutes once the car was off the ground.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you place the jack when you were jacking it up? Did you have to use any assist tool to get the bearings/Bushings to line up? Did you have to jack it up at all or was the jack just for support? Was the shock in the assembly and bolted down?

Man I'm so fking stressed over this. I've done countless suspension jobs before and never ran into any issues like this. The front literally took me 45 minutes once the car was off the ground.
Let me try to explain better.

Obviously the car will be jacked up. Use a second jack right under the arm where those two bolts need to go into. Use this jack to push the arm up and into place so that the holes align and you can get the bolts on. If you jack it up just right then the pressure from the springs will be relieved and there won’t be any pressure on the bolts allowing you to push them back in. You might need to tap them in with a hammer just to get them all the way through but it shouldn’t be hard to get them in if you relieve the pressure from the springs with the jack.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Yes the shock and spring was in position while doing all that I described.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Let me try to explain better.

Obviously the car will be jacked up. Use a second jack right under the arm where those two bolts need to go into. Use this jack to push the arm up and into place so that the holes align and you can get the bolts on. If you jack it up just right then the pressure from the springs will be relieved and there won’t be any pressure on the bolts allowing you to push them back in. You might need to tap them in with a hammer just to get them all the way through but it shouldn’t be hard to get them in if you relieve the pressure from the springs with the jack.
Yea this is roughly what I was doing. I started the job late in the day and ran out of daylight. I feel like I just got frustrated in the dark and made mistakes. Thanks for the response man.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yea this is roughly what I was doing. I started the job late in the day and ran out of daylight. I feel like I just got frustrated in the dark and made mistakes. Thanks for the response man.
Yep. Hope that helps. Make sure you have good lighting when trying to see if those holes are aligned. It was a little frustrating because if it was off just a little bit that bolt was not gonna go in.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep. Hope that helps. Make sure you have good lighting when trying to see if those holes are aligned. It was a little frustrating because if it was off just a little bit that bolt was not gonna go in.
Yep that's what caused this issue. I got the bolt in one side and just couldn't get the other side aligned for the life of me because I couldn't see it.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
~ don’t forget to remove the rear shock and trim the bump stop.
Yea already did that haha. What do you think the odds are of matching this bolt and nut at lowes/tractor supply?
Sponsored