Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Regarding the 'drive like a video game' comment, how does the GR Supra drive in GT SPORT?

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Bmw seeking help from Tada?

Oh man, imagine he works on the 2 and 3 series by bringing back the feel of driving but make sure the M versions are in a class of their own?
Imagine a modern M3 that feels like an E46?

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Tetsuya Tada reveals the secrets of the Toyota Supra before its presentation

entrevista-toyota-supra-tada-san-201848191_1.jpg

entrevista-toyota-supra-tada-san-201848191_2.jpg

https://www.motor.es/noticias/entrevista-toyota-supra-tada-san-201848191.html

The father of the Toyota Supra reveals the secrets of his latest creation. In this interview, he tells us about development keys, what he has been inspired and what are the objectives of this sporty front engine, rear-wheel drive and fully racing approach.

During the 24 hours of Le Mans we were once again able to approach Tetsuya Tada, chief engineer and development of the Toyota Supra . As he is responsible for all aspects of the car (design, development, sales, competition) he did not teach the Toyota Supra GR Concept once again and as he did during his debut where we were able to interview him, he continued to tell us some information about the sporting future of the car. brand. Our colleague David Sánchez de Castro had the privilege of talking with him:

GR Concept When can we see the car in competition?

" The concept of the car has been developed under the specifications of the competition category, you can probably see it this month, this car has been tested particularly in competition conditions, which means that all the information we have obtained from the specifications of We used the category of competition for the production of cars, that was our goal. "

How about the FIA?

" In terms of FIA I can not answer because competition is part of my tasks but it's not really my main field of work, but the fia are responding great and we hope to be able to compete soon "

Toyota Gazoo Racing, aims to not only have vehicles competing, but also to market a range of vehicles that also represent it. According to the strategic plan of the brand, the Supra will be the spearhead, although there will be other models with the logo of the sports division of the manufacturer, such as the Yaris GRMN that we tested in its international presentation.

Why has it been decided to base the concept of the Supra in the competition?

" In my private life I participate in rallies and races, in my opinion, driving a car on a race track is how you can see if you have got the maximum power of the car because you are pushing the car to the limit. the thrill of driving a car to the limit and I want people to feel the same when driving a Toyota, that's my motivation to keep improving. "

Have you met Fernando Alonso and would you like him to try the Supra to get his opinion?

" So far I have not talked to him personally so we do not plan to try the Supra, but I would love to visit Spain and meet him to explain our work. "

¿ When you worked in the Corolla TET, Carlos worked closely with some aspect of the vehicle?

" At the time I was not working directly on the development of the vehicle, so we did not agree, Sainz is a hero, he has inspired me a lot. "

¿ What inspires you when designing a car?

" In my daily work I have many different vehicles to launch on the international market, so I try to drive them as much as I can to experience each car, each week I drive a different car, which allows me to know what positive aspects each one offers me. It offers you different kinds of good experiences It is very important for me to experience the car with my own body, evaluate each part individually and together.

For example, this new Supra, if I try it to experience the behavior of the car in the first person and say: yes, this is what I want to feel! Then I try to embody my experience, all the good experiences that driving offers me, in the Supra. I think this is the best way to form the concept of the vehicle. "

¿ Which category will participate?

" We are still researching to find out which category will participate in. There are many aspects that we have to think about before choosing the category, if you take a look at the current sports cars, each year they show updates, offer limited editions, etc., and our intention is to do the same. "

I imagine that you have driven many sports cars and that in them, the electronic system is very important to improve the driving experience. What new features does Toyota offer us to improve the driving experience?

"I used to work as an engineer before, so my field is electronics, I was mainly in charge of ABS and traction control, which means that I used to take control of the car's computer long before it was normally done in the However, speaking of the new Supra, personally, I do not like that the improvements of the car depend mainly on the electronic system.

I like basic and simple cars, but as you said, with the most current technology and programming a better and more intelligent system, you get unique experiences. In this new Supra we have focused on giving a real driving experience. The biggest improvement it offers is the differential. We have not used the natural technology of progress. We present a new and unique proposal and we hope to give you a new and original experience with this new Supra. "

¿ When to begin production and when we try this new experience?

" The production and sale will start next year, but of course we want you Spaniards to try it first to know your opinion and be part of the improvement of the vehicle. "

¿ What was the first step in designing the Supra?

" The first step I took was to go around the world asking Supra fans to understand what key elements should be without fault in the new Supra, they just did not want a" revival "of the model. Central engine, rear-wheel drive, a good six-cylinder turbo engine and real driving, we decided these two things first and started from there. "

And what was the last step?

" Well, we have not finished yet, but I think that, although it is still in the process of development, we are totally convinced that it is already a great producer, we have half a year to dedicate it to introducing improvements and increasing quality. "

Are you going to put the car on circuits to get records or is not that your goal?

As with the GT86, we do not aim to break records, yet the new Supra is achieving fantastic times.

What aspect of this car are you most proud of?

What I am most proud of is to offer the best sports car on the market at a price that any car fan could afford.

The Toyota Supra will debut on the track at the Goodwood Festival of Speed although we will have to wait a little longer to see its final appearance, as it will make an appearance with a camouflage vinyl. To see it fully exposed we will have to wait until the end of summer. Attentive to motor.es

Status
Not open for further replies.