Not open for further replies.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
The GR supra concept had an electric motor fitted only
It had three pedals because a sequential transmission requires a clutch to get it moving from a standstill

But you are correct - there is definitely provision for a third pedal. I clambered into the the GR concept and got lots of pics to triple check this :p
@RyleyMA61 , I know it had only an electric motor fitted in it....I was the first to call it out remember (i.e., they use electric motors for demo/display cars to move them easier).

What I meant was, there is a reason it was empty (only had a demo motor) and nothing more. I guess my hints of "pay close attention to the GR race car unveil" may not have been very helpful.

I'm already convinced on getting a MKV Supra later, what im not sure about is the cost of the type of Supra I want. Based on the information I have received on the future cars, I have no idea how Toyota will pull off loading the MKV Supra with that kind of hardware while keeping it affordable....and I'm not talking about the introduction cars.
Sponsored

Last edited:

corry29

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
惏惁惭ć‚Æ
I'm hoping they'll GR spec the new Corolla hatch that already has a manual option, and make it a hot hatch.
This is not Supra related, but I almost bought a MT corolla hatchback last month! Was gonna get the XSE with the optional wing! Seemed like a extremely fun daily beater car with practically

But I didnā€™t buy it, cuz there was a few things that I wish Toyota would add. And Iā€™m holding it off in hopes Toyota would add:

-Sun/Moonroof or Panaramic
-Real exhaust tips
-AWD! Incorporate the Lexus UX hybrid RWD, since both cars are TNGA

Then Iā€™m sold! Corolla Hatch and the Supra will be my cars

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
-Sun/Moonroof or Panaramic
-Real exhaust tips
-AWD! Incorporate the Lexus UX hybrid RWD, since both cars are TNGA

Then Iā€™m sold! Corolla Hatch and the Supra will be my cars
And the Prius just got awd too so it may happen one day, but who knows, the Corolla just doesnā€™t have enough power for someone like me for a daily, I daily a tuned FoST3 for that reason.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Ugh, to think weā€™ve waited this long, and will have to continue waiting for the badass Supra is definitely frustrating. Iā€™m losing patience, Toyota! Lucky for me, it looks like the new Corvette C8 is also getting hit with delays, so maybe thereā€™s still a chance for the Supra.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Hehe....I have said too much already.

If I can give any reputable advice, it would be to WAIT....the introductory cars are not what "most of us" will want. That being said, the last thing I will hint at is that Toyota is VERY WELL AWARE of Supra fans reactions up to this point ;).
They MUST be tinkering with the 2JZ. Iā€™m not aware of any other I6 in their arsenal that theyā€™d be able to throw into the serialized car other than the B58.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
In all reality. I mean I guess its not out of thr question for them to rework thr 2JZ block with an updated head/fueling.....and now the mind wanders....

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are over here talking about these engine comments but you missed the real meat and potatoes:

Finally, the Supra rides on stiffer wheel bearings for increased rigidity
The stiffness of the wheel bearings was the X-factor I had been waiting for before ordering. Now I've got 4 on order. Hoping we get a GR wheel bearing option as well, it could really transform the car!

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
You guys are over here talking about these engine comments but you missed the real meat and potatoes:

The stiffness of the wheel bearings was the X-factor I had been waiting for before ordering. Now I've got 4 on order. Hoping we get a GR wheel bearing option as well, it could really transform the car!
Ya but do we get lube free exhaust bearings

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh, to think weā€™ve waited this long, and will have to continue waiting for the badass Supra is definitely frustrating. Iā€™m losing patience, Toyota! Lucky for me, it looks like the new Corvette C8 is also getting hit with delays, so maybe thereā€™s still a chance for the Supra.
Pffft....the real wait hasn't even begun :D.

In all reality. I mean I guess its not out of thr question for them to rework thr 2JZ block with an updated head/fueling.....and now the mind wanders....
If my sources are correct, MKV's will be mopping up the tracks....and highways....believe you me :headbang:.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pffft....the real wait hasn't even begun :D.

If my sources are correct, MKV's will be mopping up the tracks....and highways....believe you me :headbang:.
The amount of arguments I see saying this and this car would wreck it because it has horsepowah my dude.

:drool:

Now, what happens when this is released and the argument can no longer be said?

:cool:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The amount of arguments I see saying this and this car would wreck it because it has horsepowah my dude.

:drool:

Now, what happens when this is released and the argument can no longer be said?

:cool:
I am in no way an insider or employee of Toyota to give a definitive answer to whether or not the information that is provided to me that I am providing to the MKV community is true. So please take any info I provide as "relayed information." However, based on the information given to me up to this point, we clearly see it has been true.

Now, do I think the introductory cars will be the cars to drool over? No, I can confidently say they will not be. Will there "eventually" be a MKV Supra model to drool over....HELL YES!

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am in no way an insider or employee of Toyota to give a definitive answer to whether or not the information that is provided to me that I am providing to the MKV community is true. So please take any info I provide as "relayed information." However, based on the information given to me up to this point, we clearly see it has been true.

Now, do I think the introductory cars will be the cars to drool over? No, I can confidently say they will not be. Will there "eventually" be a MKV Supra model to drool over....HELL YES!
I know, but it irritates me that HP is the end all argument for anything car related. HP is nice, don't get me wrong but so many other things are factored in that are eschewed because HP is so easy to define by, if it's bigger, it means it's better.

I would just love to see when this thing becomes a reality in front of everyone's eyes.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know, but it irritates me that HP is the end all argument for anything car related. HP is nice, don't get me wrong but so many other things are factored in that are eschewed because HP is so easy to define by, if it's bigger, it means it's better.

I would just love to see when this thing becomes a reality in front of everyone's eyes.
I agree, HP is not everything...and I believe that is not Toyota's goal with any iteration of the MKV Supra.

However, I will say that HP wasn't Toyota's top priority for the MKIV Supra Turbo 6spd....but we all saw how that turned out :D;).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.