OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Nice, we should link up! @mokleen and @SuupYota is kinda north county boys... they could chime in haha
Super down! I would love to see some properly modded A90s in-person.

First week of ownership, I chatted with several A90/J29 owners. Haven’t see another one in person since (4 months later)….
Sponsored

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Super down! I would love to see some properly modded A90s in-person.

First week of ownership, I chatted with several A90/J29 owners. Haven’t see another one in person since (4 months later)….
Oh boy.. you have to join the group on FB then lol. SD Supra MKV

OP
OP
PearlSup

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Yep. Surprised you haven't run into more... there's a LOT of us.
I actually joined the FB group not too long ago.

I need to pay better attention to what the cool kids are doing :hmm:

Mimosa901

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
Armaspeed intake (woven carbon fiber option)

1. Initial impression
- fast shipping
- came with a couple goodies including a carabiner & vinyl decal
- packaging, something I'm a sucker for, was top notch!
tempImageS4sxq8.png

- quality of the carbon fiber appears to be very nice, with weaves being consistent & not wavy
- pictured is the intake box lid after Brillianize ---> Ceramic coat x2 ---> Hydrocharge ~24 hrs. later
tempImageRAXF94.png

tempImage7YMbVJ.png

- I was pleased to find that the carbon fiber intake tube did not have any fiber glass residue from the manufacturing process, something I've seen even in the higher-end 3.0 intakes...
tempImageCHDMA4.png

2. Concluding impression
- Sounds absolutely ridiculous!
-
this intake will let you hear every single turbo noise your heart can possibly desire
- relatively easy to control & pussy-foot when the boys in blue are lurking (Californian problems)
- butt-dyno was, unsurprisingly, unimpressive, though I feel the car carries slightly better during highway pulls
tempImagehES4mW.png

- best part is I got a frunk now! ?
tempImageIsBewk.png

3. Installation tips
- rather than unplugging the temp sensor probe & removing the housing, I removed the unit as a whole, then reinstalled to the Armaspeed intake tube
- 7mm nut driver is a must for the provided hose clamps
- to the three other people who own a 2022 GR Supra 2.0 & plan on modifying it ---> I used instructions from aFe's Takeda intake for the removal process (not explained in Armaspeed's instructions)
- I don't know if the 2022 2.0 model is different, but I ended up having to reuse the OEM intake tube (SEE BELOW)
IMG_6308.jpg

- in order to get to this point, you must first separate the intake tube (circled in red) from the intake resonator box/accordion; this requires breaking & removing the Oetiker clamp holding the two together -- MUST BE DONE WHILE ENTIRE STOCK INTAKE SYSTEM IS REMOVED FROM VEHICLE
- I reused the OEM C-clamp to fix the intake tube to the turbo inlet

If you have 2.0 and have any questions regarding the installation or anything at all, do not hesitate to direct message me on here :thumbsup:
Where did you purchase it by chance if you don’t mind me asking?

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I actually joined the FB group not too long ago.

I need to pay better attention to what the cool kids are doing :hmm:
Lol i get the special treatment, since i don't have FB or anything, the guys just text me LMAO. @mokleen is the one who keeps me updated hahaha, and i joined the group before him lolol

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Great B48 build! I had a ton of fun with mine ;b It's a solid platform and thrilling through the twisties. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses :headbang:

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Great B48 build! I had a ton of fun with mine ;b It's a solid platform and thrilling through the twisties. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses :headbang:
Traitor! J/K. A small piece of me wishes I had the 3.0, but the 2.0 is fast enough to still get me in plenty of trouble.
Sponsored