Keeping those wheels clean!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Looks super easy exc for getting the rear piston retracted. No way am I using needle nose pliars and channel locks to twist it. There is a BMW tool for that job??? Suggestions. Also how to get the glued on pads off the first time. Prying on the painted caliper also seems like a terrible idea.
This is the kit I use to retract the rear calipers. Also, Iā€™ve never pried on the front calipers. I use a few pieces of oak wood to remove them. I tap them out from hub side.

-RJM

Orion Motor Tech Disc Brake Pad and Caliper Service Tool Kit

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FZXKSL5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KNSDCMVGTDAE4VC8DBZG

F2D9B42A-C968-4C54-9A55-2E119505F889.jpeg
Sponsored

GGorman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
Alright guys. What is the best cleaner for the wheels? They constantly get dirty and are a pain to clean easy.
Thanks

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I use this cleaner:

https://www.amazon.com/Detailing-Products-N26-Non-Acid-Cleaner/dp/B07RTZBGWX/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3HA9X105EGT7B&dchild=1&keywords=p&s+brake+buster

With this brush:

https://www.amazon.com/Detailing-In...K7T&dchild=1&keywords=woolywormit+wheel+brush

When I had the OEM brake pads, it took me an hour to do the wheels alone. Since I switched to the Powerstop Z23, it takes me 15 minutes.
Yeassss, a woolywormit brother! I love the woolywormit so much, I named my first born after it?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Just looking for final clarification for a daily, spirited street driving, no track... Z16>Z23/Z26?

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
What cleaning tools/methods do you guys find make it easier to clean the brake calipers in particular? Cleaning them is awkward with the wheel on, but was hoping there was a better way to do it that Iā€™m missing. I donā€™t want to have to take the wheels off when I clean, and a pressure washer isnā€™t helping. One day Iā€™ll have the pads changed to the lower dust variety, but for now Iā€™m on the stock ones.

Sorry to wake a dormant thread, but figured this made more sense than opening another one.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
What cleaning tools/methods do you guys find make it easier to clean the brake calipers in particular? Cleaning them is awkward with the wheel on, but was hoping there was a better way to do it that Iā€™m missing. I donā€™t want to have to take the wheels off when I clean, and a pressure washer isnā€™t helping. One day Iā€™ll have the pads changed to the lower dust variety, but for now Iā€™m on the stock ones.

Sorry to wake a dormant thread, but figured this made more sense than opening another one.
Its never too late to ask questions.

Wheel Off:
I use Simple Green, blue shop towels and Q-tips to clean mine. Then I follow up with CarPro Ceramic spray.

Wheel On:
Griots Brilliant Finish car soap and a thin wash mitt. Most of the brake dust washes off with a single pass. The Ceramic spray helps a lot.

-RJM

03F31177-A6E4-4EC5-8D00-AA0211167D49.jpeg

Last edited:

Suma Performance

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, S550, TMY
Second to @Loco38SUP. Always apply ceramic coating spray. It keeps them cleaner and easier to wash.

About the break dust, still need to use an iron remover.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Anyone compare these Powerstop Z16/Z23/Z26 to some of the Japanese offerings like Endless or Project Mu?

Trying to find the highest quality, best performing, and lowest dust pads out there for street driving.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Anyone compare these Powerstop Z16/Z23/Z26 to some of the Japanese offerings like Endless or Project Mu?

Trying to find the highest quality, best performing, and lowest dust pads out there for street driving.
Little bump - super curious about these:
https://endlessusa.com/products/brake-pad-road-car/ssm

The Endless SSM Plus seems to be the combo of their lowest dust and highest street performance, and is offered in Supra spec for $234 for front and rear. Anyone try these? Or would Powerstop be the better choice?

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Glad I found this thread just ordered the Z16ā€™s because OMG the fuggin brake dust is just unreal from the stock pads.

Wiil

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Little bump - super curious about these:
https://endlessusa.com/products/brake-pad-road-car/ssm

The Endless SSM Plus seems to be the combo of their lowest dust and highest street performance, and is offered in Supra spec for $234 for front and rear. Anyone try these? Or would Powerstop be the better choice?
I've had Endless SSM Plus on for three months and like them. Good feel, no noise, some dust but it cleans way easier than stock. I don't have experience with any other pads though.

Fronts show very little dust and rears have some clumps
DSC_0059.JPG
DSC_0060.JPG

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
I've had Endless SSM Plus on for three months and like them. Good feel, no noise, some dust but it cleans way easier than stock. I don't have experience with any other pads though.

Fronts show very little dust and rears have some clumps
DSC_0059.JPG
DSC_0060.JPG
Finally! So glad to hear from someone running these.

Someone in the thread said the Powerstop Z16 seem like 90-95% less dust compared to stock, how many % less dust would you say for the SSM Plus? How many miles before dust shows up?

Does braking feel and performance improve compared to stock?
Sponsored