Car(s)
FRS
Last edited:

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
100 pounds, big deal..my point still stands, it would be very surprising if the bmw supra is lighter than the mk4 and there ain't gonna be a performance hybrid powertrain..
Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night. Cool bro, you're the one that brought up a hybrid in the first place.

OP
OP
2JZ-No-Sh*t

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
of course, BMW should feature more advanced & dynamic chassis, that is their brand expectation so the m4's advantages shouldn't have been a surprise..i get the i8 is a little different, the point was its system and advanced materials at that price point can't make it any lighter than a m4 so the supra's expectations should be rightsized.
Than why are you so up in arms about a BMW chassis in the first place? It is actually lighter than the M4. I wouldn't care if it is around the M4's weight. In my book anything is better than the 2 ton + LC.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night. Cool bro, you're the one that brought up a hybrid in the first place.
Acknowledging that BMW doesn't make anywhere near some of the lightest chassis on the market helps me sleep at night? lol! I brought up the hybrid? If you read carefully, I'm saying the hybrid ain't happening like so many think.

Than why are you so up in arms about a BMW chassis in the first place? It is actually lighter than the M4. I wouldn't care if it is around the M4's weight. In my book anything is better than the 2 ton + LC.
You think the chassis is my main point of contention? :popcorn: I am still doubtful about the whole partnership. Regardless, I'm not "up in arms", I am still giving them the benefit of the doubt. Pointing out historical evidence is merely being realistic considering a good chunk, if not the majority, of the folks here want a 500+ HP, 3000 lbs hybrid coupe at $60 K...and it is silly to compare this to the LC's weight, you make it sound as though Toyota is incapable of making light chassis.

Last edited:

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Acknowledging that BMW doesn't make anywhere near some of the lightest chassis on the market helps me sleep at night? lol! I brought up the hybrid? If you read carefully, I'm saying the hybrid ain't happening like so many think.
Still way lighter than anything Lexus craps out. I understand what you said, but no one here said anything about a hybrid. We have a dedicated thread against the idea.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Still way lighter than anything Lexus craps out. I understand what you said, but no one here said anything about a hybrid. We have a dedicated thread against the idea.
The current Lexus models are a poor comparison but it is quite unfair to completely disregard them. 1st gen SC, Altezza/IS, current GS F and comparatively speaking the LC500 all have very respectable numbers in their class...regardless, not sure why the fascination with 2 ton Lexus came from, this is Toyota we should be talking about and they have made some of the lightest RWD coupes of all time.

...sure, that thread was cute but there are more folks talking about the hybrid possibility than those against it despite the poll's results.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
The current Lexus models are a poor comparison but it is quite unfair to completely disregard them. 1st gen SC, Altezza/IS, current GS F and comparatively speaking the LC500 all have very respectable numbers in their class...regardless, not sure why the fascination with 2 ton Lexus came from, this is Toyota we should be talking about and they have made some of the lightest RWD coupes of all time.

...sure, that thread was cute but there are more folks talking about the hybrid possibility than those against it despite the poll's results.
Can't the same argument be made when you keep bringing up current BMW models that haven't made the switch the CLAR platform? I'm not sure about that. The brand new advance LC500 weights more than a 6 year old 650i coupe. Of course the GS-F's weight looks good on paper. However it doesn't really directly compete with any of the German offerings. I don't care what Toyota did 20+ years ago, the here and now is what matters. I only bring up the LC because if Toyota had gone in it alone they would have more than likely have used the LC's bones as a staring point (SC/MK4). So using that formula we would probably be looking at around 4,000lbs give or take.

A handful of people do not speak for the whole community.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2JZ-No-Sh*t

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
You think the chassis is my main point of contention? :popcorn: I am still doubtful about the whole partnership. Regardless, I'm not "up in arms", I am still giving them the benefit of the doubt. Pointing out historical evidence is merely being realistic considering a good chunk, if not the majority, of the folks here want a 500+ HP, 3000 lbs hybrid coupe at $60 K...and it is silly to compare this to the LC's weight, you make it sound as though Toyota is incapable of making light chassis.
Honestly I don't even know. You seem to ramble on about every and anything. Could have fool me, its like every other week or so you go on an anti rant about this joint project. To be honest I'm not 100% sold either, but I'm trying to remain open minded and optimistic about this whole thing. I don't speak for anyone, but my hope is for a simple, RWD, and decent weight C7 competitor. It isn't silly when looking at historical evidence of Toyota past when it came to the Soarer and the MKIV. Sure any automaker is capable of making light chassis. What has Toyota done recently in the midsize sports car class?

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I like vents.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I think it will look good either way. There are sexy cars without the rear wheel vents. Some examples that come to mind are the Viper, AMG GT, & F Type.

Just imagine this, but instead with a Toyota front in place of the BMW kidney grille.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
^thats probably the best vent less render to date.