Lets talk about post 06/2020 Tuning

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
What about the recall? If I don’t have the recall done before the direct tune, can I get it done later? Or will i have to reflash by sending it back to Putin
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Didn't mean willingly going away. If they operated in US or Germany chances are they could be shutdown in 2 seconds... That's what I was eluding to as operating in RU being a good thing...
Are you trying to say that Russia is a lawless hellscape?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Jesse - are you saying there is tuning software that come with the Russian unlock? No need for 2 ecus? Or once unlocked, it's unlocked, cloned onto tunable ecu and then you get to choose a tuning software?

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
What about the recall? If I don’t have the recall done before the direct tune, can I get it done later? Or will i have to reflash by sending it back to Putin
We are going to be able to offer Toyota flashes for recalls. So 1 you won't have to deal with Toyota messing shit up and 2 you won't have to worry about ecus getting locked out.

If it were to become locked it would need to be unlocked and yes femto is the only one who can unlock.

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jesse - are you saying there is tuning software that come with the Russian unlock? No need for 2 ecus? Or once unlocked, it's unlocked, cloned onto tunable ecu and then you get to choose a tuning software?
There is an option to use femtox software and flasher for tuning. That's the option I am going to be offering it just is much more sustainable and reduces costs. You would not be able to use other software for tuning at this time for the direct to oem dme via obd tuning.

Does this clear that up or not really? Lol.

Two separate options.

1 is unlock and tuning directly to the factory ecu.

2 is unlock and cloning to a tunable ecu to use ecutek,bm3,mhd.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
There is an option to use femtox software and flasher for tuning. That's the option I am going to be offering it just is much more sustainable and reduces costs. You would not be able to use other software for tuning at this time for the direct to oem dme via obd tuning.

Does this clear that up or not really? Lol.

Two separate options.

1 is unlock and tuning directly to the factory ecu.

2 is unlock and cloning to a tunable ecu to use ecutek,bm3,mhd.
Clears thing up perfectly. Thank you. So the main question then is how do you compare their tuning software to something like ecutek?

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Clears thing up perfectly. Thank you. So the main question then is how do you compare their tuning software to something like ecutek?
Ecutek has been out for some time for the platform so it will have some advantages but we will be using winols which is the really meat and potatoes when it comes to tuning. We have all the definitionsso it will do very well.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
When can we see some tuning number by Marin on femtox ?

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When can we see some tuning number by Marin on femtox ?
Soon. Should be as early as mid Jan. Since we are rolling this out to both the supra and g8x we should have some solid numbers by them for both platform. G8x platform is already doing 800 hp utilizing the femtox unlock and flasher.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Ecutek has been out for some time for the platform so it will have some advantages but we will be using winols which is the really meat and potatoes when it comes to tuning. We have all the definitionsso it will do very well.
Will winols have map switching, adjustable burbles, flex fuel self adjusting, etc like Ecutek? Just trying to get an idea of what advantages Ecutek would still have. I mean does winsol do[most] of what Ecutek can do? Then, it just becomes a matter of if the missing feature is really worth stressing over.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Will winols have map switching, adjustable burbles, flex fuel self adjusting, etc like Ecutek? Just trying to get an idea of what advantages Ecutek would still have. I mean does winsol do[most] of what Ecutek can do? Then, it just becomes a matter of if the missing feature is really worth stressing over.
WinOLS will write to the 'third' area of memory in the ECU, not the bootloader or the secondary area of memory where things more complex things like on-the-fly map switching would take place. See my post here for some more information on that.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Does it also allow for anti lag switch and can it disable the o2 sensors for CEL?

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
WinOLS will write to the 'third' area of memory in the ECU, not the bootloader or the secondary area of memory where things more complex things like on-the-fly map switching would take place. See my post here for some more information on that.
Honestly, the adjustable burbles is more important to me than the map switching. My wife and I are the only ones that drive it, so not being able to switch maps/valet mode doesn't really concern me. There's only one place (that I know of) near me with E85 and it's "out of the way", so again, not super important. But it (self adjusting flex) would be a bonus for those times I make my way in that direction though.

87gpe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Bronco, Tahoe
Does this process work with 2022s? I always see 2021 mentioned, and I’m presuming no change in ECU from 21 to 22, but just curious.
Sponsored