Looking for a Downpipe

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Stupid question time. Will a downpipe without a tune void the warranty on the engine?
I believe any modification that is found on your car that may have caused the issue to occur on your car will void out that part of the warranty. If you have a downpipe and it causes you to have a problem with your engine the dealership can say thats its due to the new part you added. Basically its a pay to play tax, that you need to decide if its worth for you to pay.
Sponsored

Visualabstrakt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Iā€™m looking at the ETS catted downpipe and was just curious if you guys think a Catback will show substantial gain. Iā€™m leaning on getting the downpipe with stock like connection as oppose to the 4in to connect to their exhaust. I know on most cars a Catback doesnā€™t really do much in terms of power but iā€™d Like to verify if that is the case with this platform. Any input would be appreciated.

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m looking at the ETS catted downpipe and was just curious if you guys think a Catback will show substantial gain. Iā€™m leaning on getting the downpipe with stock like connection as oppose to the 4in to connect to their exhaust. I know on most cars a Catback doesnā€™t really do much in terms of power but iā€™d Like to verify if that is the case with this platform. Any input would be appreciated.

It would have some gains in this case, since the catback connection to the downpipe is different. 4in downpipe outlet will have noticeable gain over stock size outlet.

Visualabstrakt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It would have some gains in this case, since the catback connection to the downpipe is different. 4in downpipe outlet will have noticeable gain over stock size outlet.
Thank you for the reply. Do you think there will be a substantial amount of gains left on the table by keeping the stock Catback or would they be negligible?

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the reply. Do you think there will be a substantial amount of gains left on the table by keeping the stock Catback or would they be negligible?

I know that going from 3in outlet to 3.5in had significant impact on a tune that it had to be revised since the car was making more boost. Going 4in could be better but I have yet to see any dyno runs to prove that.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
Stupid question time. Will a downpipe without a tune void the warranty on the engine?
Hereā€™s how a vehicles warranty works:
Factory has warranty.
Dealership has service history. This is marked as a positive toward warranty and factory record of the car.

There is to be expected notes against your cars record such as failing to change your oil and it comes out like sludge.
This is considered a ā€œblack markā€, meaning any warranty work due to not changing oil in the future will be denied.

As for modifications, the part must have directly caused issue. If I put on a downpipe and my battery died, my battery of course would be replaced without issue. There parts are unrelated.

If say I have motor problems and I have a downpipe, the dealership would have to prove that part installed would be the root cause.

keep in mind the dealership and the factory are not the same. You have direct say and influence on your own warranty. In fact you can detail your own oil changes and summit them directly to factory for continued warranty support if you wish.

here are the unknowns:
Which manufacture logs aftermarket parts on your cars permanent factory record.

Which and what manufactures consider noteworthy to mark on the record.

modern cars ā€œphone homeā€ and the DME/ECU of modern cars are incredible advanced and track all sorts of data. Even where you park, how fast you drive, including lifetime top speed etc etc. This includes the ability to extrapolate data and determine a wide range of modifications done from that.

So far Iā€™ve personally only had see a problem with a clutch warranty, which was resolved by talking directly to a representative.
Iā€™ve also personally seen a dealership try to void a warranty for a car taken to the track. Also disputed ( but a very real legitimate argument for a car company )

BungHoleCamper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 NX300, 2013 Matrix
Same boat - not sure about a full flash yet. I'm looking at doing the Burger JB4 + Burger intake + Titan downpipe. Would I need the o2 spacer?
There are hundreds of tuned Supras in the wild. Dozens are being beaten hard on a regular basis. In general, I think it's safe to say that these engines are very strong and can handle the increased stresses. Mind you, long term reliability will ultimately suffer as with any boosted engine platform. Don't expect 250K miles from a highly tuned engine unless you baby it most of the time. I've seen turbo\tuned engines last well over 200KM however the owners were rather light on them with only the odd WoT run and mostly daily use.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I have the catless downpipe from Titan installed on mine and I love it. Great price point, very easy install, nice gains and sounds good.The only thing is I cant get ride of the check engine light after I installed it. Not sure if I need to tune it to get ride of it or not..

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the catless downpipe from Titan installed on mine and I love it. Great price point, very easy install, nice gains and sounds good.The only thing is I cant get ride of the check engine light after I installed it. Not sure if I need to tune it to get ride of it or not..
Piggyback will not remove the CEL permanently as it pops back up. Tune will remove it all together. I just ordered my BM3 tune the other day from Mike over at Extreme Powerhouse. Wont install downpipe and tune until Spring at this point. Had the car a month and put 350 miles on it. Waiting to hit 1500 miles to break it in and start playing with it.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Piggyback will not remove the CEL permanently as it pops back up. Tune will remove it all together. I just ordered my BM3 tune the other day from Mike over at Extreme Powerhouse. Wont install downpipe and tune until Spring at this point. Had the car a month and put 350 miles on it. Waiting to hit 1500 miles to break it in and start playing with it.
Congrats!

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
Will let you know. Picking up next week some time. I actually went with the brand new Pure turbo upgrade.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Anyone have a DS-1 catted downpipe installed?? I saw a video of an install video Speed Industry did in their Supra. Iā€™m not sure what kind of gains you get from it. I am leaning towards a catted version cause I donā€™t want to tune and throw CEL yet.. it does sound good in the video

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Anyone have a DS-1 catted downpipe installed?? I saw a video of an install video Speed Industry did in their Supra. Iā€™m not sure what kind of gains you get from it. I am leaning towards a catted version cause I donā€™t want to tune and throw CEL yet.. it does sound good in the video
We offer the DS-1, no confirmed fitment on Supra yet. I consider you check the Active Autowerke downpipe.
Its EPA approved, no CEL guarantee and very reasonably priced . We offer special forum members price :)

https://x-ph.com/active-autowerke-aa-bmw-b58-catted-downpipe-epa-approved/
Sponsored