Loss of Power

Bsupra5225

First Name
Brit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk5 Launch Edition Red
Just installed an armaspeed Intake and it car lost a lot of power and torque , any idea what might be causing this?
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Leak. Check your connections/fittings... Also the MAF sensor, all the way in? Did you touch the sensor itself.

anon2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 ed. Supra
When I installed my Injen intake, the Vacuum hose connector was a total pain to connect. Make sure that’s fully seated.

Abomb210

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Just installed an armaspeed Intake and it car lost a lot of power and torque , any idea what might be causing this?
Did you find out the issue behind this? I am experiencing something similar

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I just installed a MST v2 intake on mine today and was thinking the same thing. Even took it apart again to double check connections, there were no issues I could see. I did sorta break the clip on the PCV hose, but just the ring that goes around the outside, the "clip" was still there. I added a little insurance and zip tied it to secure the clip / replace the function that ring was serving... The hose itself was also fine (read that they snap pretty easy for others).

I drove around a bit more after putting it back together and think I came to the conclusion it's in my head... I think that now I can actually hear the turbo spooling up that it messes with me because I can connect the boost coming on to the surge of power which has a little more delay than I realized. To verify all good I pulled up BimmerLink on my phone and saw boost peaks in the 19PSI range, so pretty normal and temps were also good (Ambient at 77F and Intake temps 98-102F). I've only had the car for a month (~700 miles), and been short shifting most of the time so probably not the best judge on it being "different"...

One finial thought, I did have to transfer the rubber seal from the stock intake, the side that fits over the turbo inlet (didn't see it mentioned in my instructions). Not sure if this is the same for your case.

Last edited:

Abomb210

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
My MST with new turbo inlet was getting heat soak during long pulls. At the track it would see 130+F temperatures vs going back to stock seeing 118F at my top end. Going to wait for colder weather (Texas heat) and install MST again unless I purchase some heat shields to bring IATs down

alexsvoss

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
My MST with new turbo inlet was getting heat soak during long pulls. At the track it would see 130+F temperatures vs going back to stock seeing 118F at my top end. Going to wait for colder weather (Texas heat) and install MST again unless I purchase some heat shields to bring IATs down
i heard versus heat shield and open the mst box lid will solve this problem

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
One finial thought, I did have to transfer the rubber seal from the stock intake, the side that fits over the turbo inlet (didn't see it mentioned in my instructions). Not sure if this is the same for your case.
Thanks for mentioning that! I just installed my MST intake a few days ago and it felt like I was a little bit down on power but it's hard to tell. After reading your comment I immediately realized that I forgot to transfer that O-ring over from the stock inlet. I'm not sure what the effect would be (other than a large air leak), but I'll be disassembling it again tonight or tomorrow to move that over.

TWC

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Supra, 2003 Mustang Cobra (terminator), 1998 BMW M3
Did you ever figure it out? My car is down on power because it’s not hitting target boost after installing armaspeed intake. I put the stock one back on and still the same issue so I just don’t know anymore.

Joe.colucci98

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Any more updates on power loss due to aftermarket Intake and no tune? Could it be the ecu is just detecting more air flow which would make it not run correctly?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
None of the stuff mentioned above (aside from the temperature sensor) matter at all. Most fast/big turbo people run velocity stacks rather than filter particulate. You can completely remove the vent hoses and the intake to the turbo and the car should be running fine.

The sensor would be the only thing needed to run the car.
Sponsored