joels740

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Premium Absolute Zero
we can do the bench unlocks as always.
Cool, great news. I ordered Twisted Tuning custom tune and flex fuel kit. I'm ready to move forward with the unlocking process. PM or email me with info on where to send send ECU and if there is any other directions i need to follow in the process. Thanks

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Re: the above referenced to the flex fuel kit. My understanding is that at this time it is basically an ethanol % monitoring system and actual flex tuning is in development. Does the price of the present kit include the future self-tuning functionality or will that be separate?

Alindoraan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
PM sent

Feel free to ask any questions. I can answer anything you need or want to know. And feel free to reach out for a custom tune. MHD supports ALL models via OBD2, including the Locked ECU. We are THE only ones right now with this support for the locked ECU. No bench flash needed

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ordered my e50 tune Monday. It would be great to have it before the weekend.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Is the charge air temperature read before or after the intercooler?
Yes this is before the intercooler. And your boost is also before the throttle. Your turbine maps are likely not dialed in all the way as the duty cyc le creeps up on shift. It looks like the tune has the turbine power map shifted up at higher flows to try and get more boost.

It is normal to see a little bit of a boost spike on shift. But seeing 10-20PSI over target is usually excessive. I cannot see your throttle in the log but if you logged that you would see tha the throttle is closing and the boost is rising as the ECU is trying to slow the compressor down.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I get it. So the spike is what would be controlled with the blow-off valve in a typical aftermarket turbo system. Also, the IAT is extremely consistent so it looks like the intercooler is quite efficient.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I get it. So the spike is what would be controlled with the blow-off valve in a typical aftermarket turbo system. Also, the IAT is extremely consistent so it looks like the intercooler is quite efficient.
It does pretty decent at the boost levels in that log. But it starts getting toasty especially when you over run the stock turbo to try to squeeze more power. The manufactures did give us some room which is nice. But more could be desired when we start leaning on the cars.

Cooking the stock turbo doesn't help though. lol

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
completely understand, but an android device can be had for $50 on a base model bare bones. thats what 1000s of people have done.
do you need to have the android phone in the car always, or is it just for setting up the tune and flashing? And also can I turn off my CEL (CEL coming from my catless downpipe).?

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
do you need to have the android phone in the car always, or is it just for setting up the tune and flashing? And also can I turn off my CEL (CEL coming from my catless downpipe).?
Only when flashing, logging, or checking codes. And yes takes care of the catless downpipe cel

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)