MHD to release Map Switching + Antilag + Flex Fuel update for Supra in 2022

synolimit

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
amg gts, ram 2500
E85 from the pump is never (read: rarely) actually E85, it runs all over from E50->E85. The quality varies. If you tune on good, pure E85, then you get some trash E85 from a pump, say it's actually E70, you're going to be tuned for more octane than you have. That's why we use flex or measure.

It's a standard direct injection system.
around here its pretty good. as mentioned I used to run it and check it. id say e80 winter and e85 summer. we can turn the timing down and shoot for more of an e80 tune so its safe through the year. we also actually have pumps that say flex fuel on them which are e51-e83. "IF" I wanted to use that pump then yes, flex sensor all day.

so the port injection kit removes the direct injectors or you're adding in 6 new injectors?
Sponsored

synolimit

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
amg gts, ram 2500
you simply get a tune for e85 and one for 93oct or whatever fuel is most common where you are. and reflash when needed. MHD takes 7-10 seconds to flash. once Flex fuel is released, the care will auto adjust without a reflash with an CANBUS enabled flex fuel kit like mine and viscontis.

EDIT: JB4 does not do real flex fuel as it has no real control of fuel and timing. So don't think getting a JB4 will get you Flex Fuel functionality.
no I didn't think it would! just not sure what the hell it even does then haha

Reactions: zrk

synolimit

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
amg gts, ram 2500
you only need a LPFP upgrade if you want to run beyond 700-750whp on E85. Yes, you can get a tune for straight e85. But you will not make more power than E40-E50 on the stock HPFP because it cant support it. But if you wanted one and was ok with a lower power E85 map, then it is indeed possible. But stock HPFP realm, you will make more power on E40-E50.
why do you need a lower pressure pump? e85 demands more flow.

will this work then?

https://vargasturbo.com/product/a90...MI8tb4i5r09QIVBQh9Ch16DgRHEAAYASAAEgIxU_D_BwE

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

synolimit

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
amg gts, ram 2500
Use Twistedā€™s LPFP or Viscontiā€™s.

As far as injectors, you add six more.
got it.

so off to Russia or just wait for Ecutek or someone to fully crack the OEM ECU? add a LPFP and port injectors and have at it? once flex tuning is open, I don't have to worry about switching maps or counting amounts of fuel, just fill up anywhere with anything?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
around here its pretty good. as mentioned I used to run it and check it. id say e80 winter and e85 summer. we can turn the timing down and shoot for more of an e80 tune so its safe through the year. we also actually have pumps that say flex fuel on them which are e51-e83. "IF" I wanted to use that pump then yes, flex sensor all day.

so the port injection kit removes the direct injectors or you're adding in 6 new injectors?
port injection adds six injectors to help supplement fuel that the DI system cant supplywhen needed.

no I didn't think it would! just not sure what the hell it even does then haha
basically a boost controller with some extra features that can lower boost based on knock learning and some afr safeties.

Use Twistedā€™s LPFP or Viscontiā€™s.

As far as injectors, you add six more.
^^^^THIS

got it.

so off to Russia or just wait for Ecutek or someone to fully crack the OEM ECU? add a LPFP and port injectors and have at it? once flex tuning is open, I don't have to worry about switching maps or counting amounts of fuel, just fill up anywhere with anything?

depends how long you want to wait.

synolimit

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
amg gts, ram 2500
port injection adds six injectors to help supplement fuel that the DI system cant supplywhen needed.

basically a boost controller with some extra features that can lower boost based on knock learning and some afr safeties.

^^^^THIS

depends how long you want to wait.
got it, if I don't want to wait? just stuck with a basic boost controller and 93 or having to mix my own e50 blend?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
E50 is the max that the stock fuel injectors can push out. Youā€™ll max the stock lpfp on before anything else. E50 > straight e85 unless you stick a lot of money into fueling

OP
OP
SoupaJon

SoupaJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra GR premium
you only need a LPFP upgrade if you want to run beyond 700-750whp on E85. Yes, you can get a tune for straight e85. But you will not make more power than E40-E50 on the stock HPFP because it cant support it. But if you wanted one and was ok with a lower power E85 map, then it is indeed possible. But stock HPFP realm, you will make more power on E40-E50.
Many thanks for clarifying!!

The explanation i received of course was for getting the full use out of E85.

But I did not realize that you can even run a low-power full e85 tune on stock fuel pumps.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Haven't been around in a bit so just now saw this thread and checked my MHD App to see that I now have Anti-Lag support for my 2021 Supra, awesome!

Edit: So apparently even though the 2021 Supras use the B58 O1 engine they don't have support yet for anti lag ?.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoupaJon

SoupaJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra GR premium
Haven't been around in a bit so just now saw this thread and checked my MHD App to see that I now have Anti-Lag support for my 2021 Supra, awesome!

Edit: So apparently even though the 2021 Supras use the B58 O1 engine they don't have support yet for anti lag ?.
Supras use the b58gen2 motor, which MHD hasnā€™t released the newest feature update for yet, thatā€™s what this post was about

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supras use the b58gen2 motor, which MHD hasnā€™t released the newest feature update for yet, thatā€™s what this post was about
Umm, my MHD tunes for my 2021 Supra are literally coded as B58_O1.
Screenshot_20220211-072635.jpg
My tuners car is a 2020 and his tunes are coded as B58_M1.
IMG_20220211_192508_289.jpg

It has to do with BMW/Toyota going back to the 6 port design for the 2021 setup i believe. I even emailed MHD about that yesterday, and they responded to me saying the hold up on the Supra isn't the engine, it's the ECU. The Supra uses a completely new and different ECU, obviously, so even though they have full MHD Suite + features avaliable for B58_01 engines, it's currently not avaliable to the Supra because of ECU issues.

Look at the header of this image. "O1" maps. Gen 1 engine tunes. If you have a 2020 I guarantee you your maps are listed as "M1 maps, not O1 like mine are since I have a 2021.

Last edited:

Stevedabomb

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
Umm, my MHD tunes for my 2021 Supra are literally coded as B58_01. My tuners car is a 2020 and his tunes are coded as B58_02. It has to do with BMW/Toyota going back to the 6 port design for the 2021 setup i believe. I even emailed MHD about that yesterday, and they responded to me saying the hold up on the Supra isn't the engine, it's the ECU. The Supra uses a completely new and different ECU, obviously, so even though they have full MHD Suite + features avaliable for B58_01 engines, it's currently not avaliable to the Supra because of ECU issues.

Look at the header of this image. "O1" maps. Gen 1 engine tunes. If you have a 2020 I guarantee you your maps are listed as "O2" maps, not O1 like mine are since I have a 2021.
View attachment 60748

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mines a 2019 image below
Yea the maps are different. It may not say O1, yours shows M1 so I was incorrect when I said "O2" for the newer engine, and instead of having E40 as an OTS option yours is only showing E30. I was told that the O1 designation is for the older B58 iteration and thats why the 2021 owners, O1 cars, are always getting newer maps faster than the M1 file cars.
Sponsored