Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I just checked MHD’s IG page, and found this comment from March 2023:

IMG_8649.jpeg

They never responded in regards to Map Switching, which typically implies it’s been pushed aside.

Looking at their other posts, it’s appears their current focus are the N series engines and b58gen1, and has been that way for the past year now. My guess is that’s where they’re finding most of their customers to be at.

It’s safe to say that they’ve probably accepted Ecutek as the dominant platform for the Supras, so MHD is likely just aiming for a different market at this point.

I’ve already accepted that to get any more out of this car, the move is to switch to EcuTek lol. Wish I knew that sooner tho, my guess is that MHD just couldn’t keep up.

MHD works on several different BMW platforms and pushes stuff out for all of them. I don't personally know their timelines on when they plan to release this stuff but I can assure you that they didn't forget about it.

them not responding to specific questions about "dates of release" is normal, because they get bombarded with the same questions everytime they release something for any platform.

why do you feel you need ecutek to get more out of the car? what specifically is more that you are asking? just curious
Sponsored

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
I just checked MHD’s IG page, and found this comment from March 2023:

IMG_8649.jpeg

They never responded in regards to Map Switching, which typically implies it’s been pushed aside.

Looking at their other posts, it’s appears their current focus are the N series engines and b58gen1, and has been that way for the past year now. My guess is that’s where they’re finding most of their customers to be at.

It’s safe to say that they’ve probably accepted Ecutek as the dominant platform for the Supras, so MHD is likely just aiming for a different market at this point.

I’ve already accepted that to get any more out of this car, the move is to switch to EcuTek lol. Wish I knew that sooner tho, my guess is that MHD just couldn’t keep up.
They are definitely still releasing it. Last time I talked to them they said that they are waiting with the release until they have the same features for the S58. So at the moment there is no ETA.

OP
OP
SoupaJon

SoupaJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra GR premium
MHD works on several different BMW platforms and pushes stuff out for all of them. I don't personally know their timelines on when they plan to release this stuff but I can assure you that they didn't forget about it.

them not responding to specific questions about "dates of release" is normal, because they get bombarded with the same questions everytime they release something for any platform.

why do you feel you need ecutek to get more out of the car? what specifically is more that you are asking? just curious

Well, I spoke to a couple of tuners who said MHD was the way to go and they’re working on releasing flex fuel support and map switching, and that it would be coming out soon— that was back in middle 2021.

And by “getting more out of the car”, I mean features. I understand that you can realistically achieve the same power numbers on either platform with a custom tune.

I reached out to a couple of shops that were helping on testing the b58gen2 update for MHD directly, and they also said there is still no ETA.

Ecutek has far more tuners supporting the platform with Supras, and there’s more overall feature updates, to include flex fuel and map switching.

I tried reaching out to dozens of tuners in the US, and the majority recommend Ecutek. I tried hard to find people who actively tune the Supra on MHD and could only find like 2 or 3. One of them aren’t in the States.

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Well, I spoke to a couple of tuners who said MHD was the way to go and they’re working on releasing flex fuel support and map switching, and that it would be coming out soon— that was back in middle 2021.

And by “getting more out of the car”, I mean features. I understand that you can realistically achieve the same power numbers on either platform with a custom tune.

I reached out to a couple of shops that were helping on testing the b58gen2 update for MHD directly, and they also said there is still no ETA.

Ecutek has far more tuners supporting the platform with Supras, and there’s more overall feature updates, to include flex fuel and map switching.

I tried reaching out to dozens of tuners in the US, and the majority recommend Ecutek. I tried hard to find people who actively tune the Supra on MHD and could only find like 2 or 3. One of them aren’t in the States.
If you couldn’t find tuners who tune on MHD then you should have just gone with Ecutek. The best thing to do is select a tuner who you like and go with the platform they prefer.

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
BM3 FTW its out this week they said. Flex kits for A90s are already up on their site

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
just spoke to MHD developers. and confirmed that MHD+ feature sets are currently in ACTIVE development.

MOA90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
just spoke to MHD developers. and confirmed that MHD+ feature sets are currently in ACTIVE development.
That's great news, thank you for updating us! I am ready to stop hand calculating ethanol content lol

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)

I've been a partner with MHD on bmw platforms for years. and there are a ton of benefits to using MHD. however, due to how the tuning is done on MHD, not all tuners are created equal.

I'm not sure who you reached out to. but if you reached out to me, and I didn't respond I may have missed it. but there are actually a good amount of tuners on MHD.

there is nothing wrong with ecutek and nothing wrong with MHD. jist decide if you want the features now or when MHD+ is released. I tune customer cars on MHD and Ecutek. Our personal car makes 1k whp on ecutek and MHD. so no real difference. I have more freedom on MHD than Ecutek. but ecutek does currently have map switching and flex fuel. and the port integration is mice

just decide who you want to tune the car and ask them which platform they want to tune you on.

OP
OP
SoupaJon

SoupaJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra GR premium
I've been a partner with MHD on bmw platforms for years. and there are a ton of benefits to using MHD. however, due to how the tuning is done on MHD, not all tuners are created equal.

I'm not sure who you reached out to. but if you reached out to me, and I didn't respond I may have missed it. but there are actually a good amount of tuners on MHD.

there is nothing wrong with ecutek and nothing wrong with MHD. jist decide if you want the features now or when MHD+ is released. I tune customer cars on MHD and Ecutek. Our personal car makes 1k whp on ecutek and MHD. so no real difference. I have more freedom on MHD than Ecutek. but ecutek does currently have map switching and flex fuel. and the port integration is mice

just decide who you want to tune the car and ask them which platform they want to tune you on.
Yeah you were one of the ones I actually spoke to in regards to getting a tune done on MHD lol. Also spoke to Motiv, CES, then worked with Tuning Dynamics in Tampa FL.

Back n forth between all the MHD ppl, yeah the general consensus was pretty much what you said just now about the diff platforms.

For me personally, just a matter of features. I originally created this post because I was excited MHD was finally going to release MHD+ lol, but bummed how long it’s still taking despite previous estimates on release timeframes.

I still plan on waiting for MHD+, just so I don’t have to buy another platform’s licenseo_O

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
That's great news, thank you for updating us! I am ready to stop hand calculating ethanol content lol
no problem

Yeah you were one of the ones I actually spoke to in regards to getting a tune done on MHD lol. Also spoke to Motiv, CES, then worked with Tuning Dynamics in Tampa FL.

Back n forth between all the MHD ppl, yeah the general consensus was pretty much what you said just now about the diff platforms.

For me personally, just a matter of features. I originally created this post because I was excited MHD was finally going to release MHD+ lol, but bummed how long it’s still taking despite previous estimates on release timeframes.

I still plan on waiting for MHD+, just so I don’t have to buy another platform’s licenseo_O
ahh ok, gotcha. Yea timeframes for coding and things like that can get moved around. hard to calculate exact release dates until done.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Is there a top 5 tuner list by platform out there? Seems like it would be nice to have for those who end up going with ecutek, MHD and bm3 to have a short list of tuners for each to easily access.

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Evo X
I went w MHD for my ‘22 after speaking w CES and seeing the results they been getting w Fabian/PureBoost. As much as I would enjoy the BM3 features, not too interested in buying all new license/adapter so I can wait for MHD+. Currently running mhd e40 ots tune and monitoring % w fuel it analyzer kit. Plan to do e50 custom soon.

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
According to an email response I got from MHD, Gen2 MHD+ support is in the final testing stage. He said it would be soon.
they have been saying that since last year unfortunately

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
According to an email response I got from MHD, Gen2 MHD+ support is in the final testing stage. He said it would be soon.
This thread was started over a year ago, so take anything they say with a grain of salt.
"Two more weeks", etc.
Sponsored