Nearly Half Of 2023 Toyota GR Supra Buyers Opted For Manual Transmission

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
So as of this moment there's only been about 1216 manual Supras produced? (Assuming this has to be a number for America or North America and not the entire world). Even assuming we project that out evenly to 2025, that would mean that there will be less than 4,000 out there in total? That seems like a pretty small number to me for America over three years. That said, it seems like it's a pretty rare car overall....someone please feel free to correct me, I'm making a bunch of assumptions here.
Sponsored

Last edited:

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
So as of this moment there's only been about 1216 manual Supras produced? (Assuming this has to be a number for America or North America and not the entire world). Even assuming we project that out evenly to 2025, that would mean that there will be less than 4,000 out there in total? That seems like a pretty small number to me for America over three years. That said, it seems like it's a pretty rare car overall....someone please feel free to correct me, I'm making a bunch of assumptions here.
Ummm, there is definitely more than 4,000 in total for the 4 years of production (20,21,22,23). This is only referring to the sales for 2023. I think there is a whole thread about production numbers that likely can give you a more accurate number of Supras that have been produced so far.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Maybe production will increase in the final years, but that's usually not the case. So I think you're pretty close to what there will end up being. Maybe it'll be even less if they continue to cut numbers. Pretty rare indeed.

Ummm, there is definitely more than 4,000 in total for the 4 years of production (20,21,22,23). This is only referring to the sales for 2023. I think there is a whole thread about production numbers that likely can give you a more accurate number of Supras that have been produced so far.
He was counting current model year and projecting onward. Not all prior years (where we didn't even have a manual).

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Maybe production will increase in the final years, but that's usually not the case. So I think you're pretty close to what there will end up being. Maybe it'll be even less if they continue to cut numbers. Pretty rare indeed.

He was counting current model year and projecting onward. Not all prior years (where we didn't even have a manual).
Then why did he say over 3 years in America? He stating that there is only 3 more years of this generation and basing 4,000 manuals on what was sold for the 2023 year?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Then why did he say over 3 years in America? He stating that there is only 3 more years of this generation and basing 4,000 manuals on what was sold for the 2023 year?
There's rumored to be 2-3 years of production left. And 2023 saw around 1200 made. So he's estimating of production stays the same. Then by the end of production roughly around 4000 would be produced. Assuming nothing changes from now till then.

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
There's rumored to be 2-3 years of production left. And 2023 saw around 1200 made. So he's estimating of production stays the same. Then by the end of production roughly around 4000 would be produced. Assuming nothing changes from now till then.
Right! I'm just talking about the manuals which were only produced this year and projecting what i assume will be two more model years with manuals. Just trying to get an estimate, really. If it's more its more, if it's less it's less... 1216 manuals, 3 years...that would be 3648 and then 4,000 is just increasing that number a bit to include the rest of 2023 and some variation. Maybe 4500 at most?

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Model year 2026 is supposed to be the very last for this generation. So in addition to whatever 2023's are still being produced right now we'll see model years 2024, 2025 and 2026 of this Supra. We'll see how many are produced for MY2026 alone depending on where sales are at that point.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
This is the first year of the manual that folks asked for. After this year I have a feeling the split will lead heavily to auto(25-75 for example) as usual. However I'd like to be wrong because I don't want Toyota to feel like it was a waste of time and money.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Goodā€¦now that everyone got theirs I can finally find one for myself. šŸ˜†

-RJM

sojusoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 BB NSX, 2003 GPW S2000
If the car was released with a manual from the beginning that would have been my choice. Im trying to like the auto by getting more seat time but I regret not waiting for the manual. Maybe if this car were my daily id appreciate the auto more.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I figured almost all sales would have been manuals. Maybe not quite as popular as expected.

If the car was released with a manual from the beginning that would have been my choice. Im trying to like the auto by getting more seat time but I regret not waiting for the manual. Maybe if this car were my daily id appreciate the auto more.
I'm opposite. AT for track duty, MT if it were daily, to make it fun.

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
So unless Iā€™m understanding this all incorrectly, basically they made the percentage of manuals to autos what they did and they sold. No one ordered more manuals, as Toyota doesnā€™t take orders like US automakers. Just allocations.

Just looking around I donā€™t see many new 23s for sale in the US period. So basically what Toyota gave us, we bought. Why is this shocking news or even worth mentioning?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
So unless Iā€™m understanding this all incorrectly, basically they made the percentage of manuals to autos what they did and they sold. No one ordered more manuals, as Toyota doesnā€™t take orders like US automakers. Just allocations.

Just looking around I donā€™t see many new 23s for sale in the US period. So basically what Toyota gave us, we bought. Why is this shocking news or even worth mentioning?
Yup. Thatā€™s how it works here. Allocation only. I bet if they allowed orders, with all that pent up demand for the manual, there would have been more. But thatā€™s just my assumption based on my random zip code search I do every now and then. Yes, I do that for fun, pretty sad šŸ˜‚ But I like to see where the market is for this car. There is a lot more automatics available across the East coast. So if I was looking for another Supra, itā€™d be easier to deal (MSRP) with an automatic. Supply & demand usually works in every industry.