New HKS carbon fiber rear strut and engine braces -- any info?

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
I already have the interior HKS brace on order ($850 shipped).

Still deciding on ordering the HKS strut braces. I honestly thought the strut braces were going to be cheaper than the interior bar…
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I just ordered one of these for my car from Hochman Fabrication and Speed:

Ben is a nice dude. He said they would send me pics as it's being built. They will powder coat it pretty much any color before they ship it, for an extra cost. There's about a 4 week lead time due to them being made to order.
Yes, I'm replying to myself. Ben has followed through with his commitments in terms of lead time and sending pics and videos as it was being made. He is truly a professional. It goes to powder coating (matte black) this coming week! It was expensive, yes, but appears to be truly a solid piece of kit. I'll grab some pics and maybe a video when it arrives.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I already have the interior HKS brace on order ($850 shipped).

Still deciding on ordering the HKS strut braces. I honestly thought the strut braces were going to be cheaper than the interior bar…
How long ago did you order them? And thru wut vendor?

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
How long ago did you order them? And thru wut vendor?
I ordered them about 1.5 months ago through SpeedIndustry.

I actually just canceled my order and put the budget towards a catback (figured the money would be better spent).

I believe they’re still a month out or so…

deadinside

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0
Yes, I'm replying to myself. Ben has followed through with his commitments in terms of lead time and sending pics and videos as it was being made. He is truly a professional. It goes to powder coating (matte black) this coming week! It was expensive, yes, but appears to be truly a solid piece of kit. I'll grab some pics and maybe a video when it arrives.
Did you ever get your bar delivered? Would love to see it installed.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I did! It arrived about a week ago. I have most of the panels pulled out to install it, but I need to take out a few more. It's a tight fit compared to the Cusco bar so more of the interior has to be removed. After the F1 race at Monza this morning I'll grab a few pics of the bar and then after it's installed I'll grab a few more and post them here. I got mine powder coated a matte black and I think it looks phenomenal.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Ok, not installed, but here ya go:

PXL_20220911_160401331 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20220911_160409828 - Copy.jpg

I still need to remove two pieces of interior trim to install it. Again, it's a little more involved than the Cusco brace because of how long it is and how it slots into the car before being installed. Hoping to wrap it up this week - family and work often get in the way of small car project like this in my household. 😄 It's not a daily driver so if it sits taken apart for a week or two it's not a big deal.

Bonus: My car is actually clean for a change!

deadinside

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0
Ok, not installed, but here ya go:

PXL_20220911_160401331 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20220911_160409828 - Copy.jpg

I still need to remove two pieces of interior trim to install it. Again, it's a little more involved than the Cusco brace because of how long it is and how it slots into the car before being installed. Hoping to wrap it up this week - family and work often get in the way of small car project like this in my household. 😄 It's not a daily driver so if it sits taken apart for a week or two it's not a big deal.

Bonus: My car is actually clean for a change!
It looks great. This is probably my current leading solution to go harnesses without going full bolt-in cage.

I eagerly await the completion of your install to see it fully bolted up!

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
It looks great. This is probably my current leading solution to go harnesses without going full bolt-in cage.

I eagerly await the completion of your install to see it fully bolted up!
Right on! Will post pics when I'm done. It's outrageously expensive and the welds aren't perfect, but I'm more interested in something actually functional that also provides some level of structural benefit. Given where this thing bolts on, it checks all the boxes.

Last edited:

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Our ETA for them is in February of 2023, thats per our latest update.

-Josh
Thanks Josh! I just heard ~6 months through another vendor, so it seems like that's what it's going to be!

Shame, I want to get something ASAP to get rid of the rattle, and really love the HKS. Looks like I'll be going with the Kansai or get a Cusco and powdercoat it!