New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
Yeah. Don't cuss.
But maybe he has a point. Tada did screw up some logistics with the GT86 transfer from the Sciobaru platform. And I think I speak for everyone when I say I reeeally don't want him to screw up this too.
If only Hiromu Naruse were here...
Sponsored

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Yeah you're right. It is a little higher on the spy shots. Maybe someone with awesome Photoshop skills can rise it for us?

newrendering.png

cdn.com%2Fslideshows%2Fimages%2Fslides%2F724%2F785%2F7%2FS7247857%2Fslug%2Fl%2Ftoyota-supra1-7-1.jpg
I tired to match the front a little better. Also made the fake vent panel by the door a little thicker.

newrendering.png

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
Hey Man watch your mouth and dont attack anyone personally or you might get banned from posting here...
This is a joke right?

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
2019-toyota-supra-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100649538_h.jpg

Great news! Those BMW mirrors still look out of place. I can already see people changing them out with the ones from the MKV, 86, or aftermarket units from eBay.

I wouldn't be surprise. The real thing usually has more of a wow factor.

Yeah you're right. It is a little higher on the spy shots. Maybe someone with awesome Photoshop skills can rise it for us?

newrendering.png

cdn.com%2Fslideshows%2Fimages%2Fslides%2F724%2F785%2F7%2FS7247857%2Fslug%2Fl%2Ftoyota-supra1-7-1.jpg

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
I dont get why so many people keep saying "i trust tada." Did you forget his team gave us the 86 abortion? Looks like hes 0/2 now.

Please keep Tada the fuck away from any sports car.
His fetish for underpowered cars is obvious :D

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
It does.
As for the rendering, I don't see a front lip in the spy shot.

SupraMaybe

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BRZ
$63.5k...

An M2 starts at $54.5k (15% cheaper). Shouldn't this car be priced 15% lower than an M2, not higher, considering the BMW M brand markup? Even an M3 only starts at $64.5k. How many people will actually fall for the "But this is a real sports car no less than a 911!!!" sales pitch?

tarpatel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
my mom's camry
can we please put to bed this notion that the safety nannies will not come with this car. Toyota has already announced that every Toyota will come with Toyota Safety Sense starting in 2018. my dad's base model camry proves it.

unless y'all are talking about something else...

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I did not read all 21 pages, the first one was just enough. Everybody is crying und totally surprised, that the Supra MKV comes with nearby same specs like the upcoming Z4.
Wake up Guys! It is or will come like a lot of people said before: The MKV is a BMW Z4 with just a different shape and a Toyota badge on it. That’s not new. You all have been dreaming.

Please stop crying, jump out of the sandbox and grow up. Welcome to the real world! ;)
i cant speak for everyone, but for me if this is the base model then the specs are fine. what is not sitting right with me is the suggested price tag. a number of people here are wanting a less equipped option, hence less weight and less money.

tarpatel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
my mom's camry
earlier A70TTR was pretty confident about the lower weight number. Sorry if this has been mentioned but maybe the weight disparity could be attributed to a hybrid system?

would explain weight, cost and perhaps even targeting 911 as a baseline?

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
earlier A70TTR was pretty confident about the lower weight number. Sorry if this has been mentioned but maybe the weight disparity could be attributed to a hybrid system?

would explain weight, cost and perhaps even targeting 911 as a baseline?
I believe the weight gain is due to "Lane assist, Pre-Collision warning, Navigation, Parking assist, etc", on OP, and not a hybrid system.

I'm glad you brought up the 911. So the rumored specs aren't that far off from the 911 Carrera, and all at around $30k less.

(Later hinted by Guff and A70)
Supra: 380hp, 3,250lbs, $60k
911 Carrera MT: 370hp, 3,153lbs, $91k
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.