New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
that article just brought up another point of contention, which is a tire size comparison between the Z4 and Supra.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I'm staggered that such a significant change was made so late into design cycle. The extra 20kg would need calibration, testing and validation of all the dynamic systems....

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I think the autoexpress video with the top gear guy spoke about the car he was driving being 37k gbp and 382 horsepower. Am I missing something?
Yeah, he said just under 40k GBP and the US version will get 382hp while the Euro-spec is 335hp. Not sure where the mid to high 60k USD number comes from, but more than one publication quoted it, so I'm guessing they said it at the presentation.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
So Toyota goes to all the trouble of making different body panels but cheapens out at the last min by using 3 series mirrors. SHM Toyota, the specs are already underwhelming for the price. You could have at least made it look good.
I also find it hard to believe that Toyota will reuse mirrors from the soon to be replaced BMW F30.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, he said just under 40k GBP and the US version will get 382hp while the Euro-spec is 335hp. Not sure where the mid to high 60k USD number comes from, but more than one publication quoted it, so I'm guessing they said it at the presentation.
This is killing me.

Unless as A70 has said that it is getting a power boost and weight is actually near the north side of 3200, can't justify 62k.has to be 54k

Granted, Porsche does micro transaction so the car ends up as 68k when it is all said and done, bot even then it's not competitive.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
I'm new to signing up on this forum. But not new to lurking and reading all the threads over the years. This conversation made me sign up to say one thing.

To the Toyota employees/VPs that are reading this.

I have been and will be holding off my next car purchase to see how the MKV supra comes to fruition. IF and only IF you don't screw this up. As a current 94 Supra TT 6 speed owner, which is one of my forever cars, I would love a new Supra sitting next to it. This car needs to be at least less weight than the MKIV with a minimum of 380hp to even be considered decent, with the price point of 55-65k. Toyota must not wimp out on the specs and with competition in this market. There are so many good options out there, Toyota must compete or they will be DOA. I personally will be waiting a few years to buy, as I want to see any special editions or "TRD widebody" comes out. Along with a manual transmission options (if ever).

I am your buyer and am in the age group excited for this car. 31 years old with a career and money to burn. If they screw this up, there are many great options on the market in which I would explore, non being Toyota. I have lost my faith in Toyota for many years now as they moved towards SUVS and Sedans that are outdated and cheaply made. Lets hope they can bring back the younger generation who is ready to spend hard earned money on better products. We exist, don't ignore us.
Agree, there is a lot of us sitting on the fence, I am ready to buy also, but been waiting and waiting and waiting....Seriously considering an M2 (avail 6 speed man) and the Comp model is pushing 405hp now...Also the Audi RS-3 at 400hp is very exciting.... Toyota please get this right and soon!

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Maybe it's for the Z4 M?

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
Wow.

Thanks Guff for sharing, but this is terrible news.

Like someone else said, those specs are a $40k car, not a $60k car. I think I'm out of this supra waiting game.

The BMW M2 is looking better and better... a used RCF is looking better and better... Its time to upgrade my daily driver and I'm done waiting.

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Wow.

Thanks Guff for sharing, but this is terrible news.

Like someone else said, those specs are a $40k car, not a $60k car. I think I'm out of this supra waiting game.

The BMW M2 is looking better and better... a used RCF is looking better and better... Its time to upgrade my daily driver and I'm done waiting.
While I haven't given up hope yet, turbo for my BRZ would probably be 8k when its all said and done with a tune, making just about 400hp/315lbft. I have about 100lbs of sound deadening in my garage that I have been meaning to install, and even with all that curb weight will still be under 2900lbs...

:rolleyes:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.