New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
The following is a list of details and specs of the MKV Supra in US-spec. These details are unconfirmed, but are from a valid origin.

• 3.0l Turbo I6, 335hp/369lb-ft
  • 0-60: 4.5 seconds
  • ~3300 lbs
  • ~$63.5K USD MSRP
  • Heads-up Display, Lane assist, Pre-Collision warning, Navigation, Parking assist, etc as standard.
  • Our rendered images are fairly accurate to the real car. Small details are different.
  • Side mirrors are the BMW-esque 3-series takeoffs that we all complained about, blacked out.
  • New Supra badge.
  • Grey and Red "GR" badge on rear of car.
  • Wheels are 19” two-tone split 5 spokes. Likely the ones found here:
    2019-Toyota-Supra-spyshots-4.jpg
  • Body fender “vents” are fake, both front and rear.
  • Interior is objectively quite nice:
  • Seats are black leather sports seat. Nice stitching and accents.
  • High-quality materials. Nice plastics. Lexus level quality
  • Center console has a BMW-style screen with iDrive. UI is reskinned slightly.
  • Instrument cluster is fully digital. Physical readouts flank the screen around it
  • Radio/HVAC controls similar to BMW, but separated into two separate stacks.
  • Steering wheel is standard BMW wheel with Toyota logo.
  • HVAC vents are nice, thin like newer Lexuses with a splash of chrome.
  • Overall dashboard is a good look, quality interior. Shape and style is different to Z4.
  • The auto shifter looks similar to BMW.
  • Standard iDrive controls left of the shifter.
  • Overall interior is bespoke, not the same as Z4, more sporty. But shares some switchgear.
  • The car has a Heads Up Display
  • There is a rear strut bar in brushed aluminum.
I will update this post if the information changes.

I want to just reiterate, this information is not from a vetted source and not from myself or any of our forum insiders. I do not know if this some sort of misinformation strategy or even an elaborate trolling, but the background checked out and so here is the info presented as it was given to me.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
My thoughts: Underwhelmed.

While this info is valid, it is not certain, and things like the weight seem far enough off from our estimates to either be exactly right, or totally wrong.

Judging from the power and torque numbers, I would say that the motor is suggested to be identical to the one we saw in the Z4 prototype. The weight is fairly close as well, maybe 50-100lbs lighter.

Overall the info here seems to suggest the car is more of a GT car than the sports car we initially thought, which should please some people, however, it is definitely underpowered out the gate if it comes with 335hp@3300lbs. The possibility for the car to have the US-spec Z4 tune is there, and in that case it would make a more respectable 382hp, but that's simply speculation.

Conclusion: Toyota, please don't fuck this up. PLEASE. Not when we're this close to the finish line.

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I am displeased with just about everything I read. Based on those specs. It should be a 40K car.

This is beyond disappointing
Agreed, with these specs it is not only uncompetitive in terms of performance, it is also very overpriced.

I'm just hoping I'm wrong at this point.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
It pains me to say this but if this info is indeed correct it looks like I’ll be buying a cayman instead :nono:

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
And here we go again, Toyota, fumbling again at the goal line. I hope this info is like the base model and the upper model is in the 400hp+ range.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
yes, it needs <1400kg and >350hp.

The JZA80 RZ did 0-100km/h in 4.5s.

If those above specs are accurate, it's a definite no from me.

the plus side, if it sucks, it will drive A80 supra prices even higher :p

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
So Toyota goes to all the trouble of making different body panels but cheapens out at the last min by using 3 series mirrors. SHM Toyota, the specs are already underwhelming for the price. You could have at least made it look good.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.