New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
..meh, if these specs are true then so much for asking to be proven wrong :s and on top of that the pricing is salt on the wounds! Such specs would have been acceptable if the pricing was super aggressive, like 10 or 15 K less, but as I've suspected BMW wouldn't want to cheapen or cannibalize its brand..feels odd that it is the same price as a RC F with those specs. I'll still reserve complete judgement until I drive one but this is a little sad to read
Sponsored

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
It’s very sad to hear.. I feel like they made a new 86 in a heavier and slightly more powerful variant. It’ll flop just like the 86
Agree to disagree about the 86 being a flop, BUT, in the guise that the Supra was given here, it looks worse than an 86 if I'm being honest.

Better to share it vs not, Guff
This was my thinking as well. Sorry if it's all just FUD guys! I'm just trying to keep your evenings exciting. :p

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
It's a very bad look if true, especially given what it's still capable of right now in testing guise.

Why not buy a Z for $25k less?
You can buy a base 370Z for 27k USD. Makes no sense toyota would price this car at 65k. Recipe for failure

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
so if I'm to understand this, it is heavier, weaker, shorter and more expensive than a C7 and it doesn't even have a stick? How did this even pass the boardroom? The 86 seems much more competitive in its class.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's a very bad look if true, especially given what it's still capable of right now in testing guise.

Why not buy a Z for $25k less?
Guff, A70...

How can Toyota USA accept this?

I know you said this isn't confirmed and Toyota was surprised but they need to understand.

Toyota is known for their corollas and Camry dents, not for a sporty image. At this price range, they would be best to go to Lexus for an is, an rc or something along those lines. A 60k toyota as a halo car is mind boggling in every sense of the word.

These specs would be acceptable at 45k, with a GRMN version priced at 60k but this?

How can salesmen convince potential buyers with pockets this deep to steer others away from the z4 cayman and whatnot?

Hell, even the 370z or mustang would be a better buy. This is frustrating.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I want them to find it just so they can see journalists and fans alike be outraged and so Toyota USA stfu on what they want and listen to what the people want
Toyota might even cancel the whole thing if media got a hold of this.. it’ll be a blood bath.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota might even cancel the whole thing if media got a hold of this.. it’ll be a blood bath.
Even notice the opening post.

Guff is a beloved member on the forums. He can say scoopity poop and we would give likes.

There is nothing in that spec sheet worthy of a like

A sports car will be sold at a loss but it don't matter when you pushing an 86 year's sales in a week for sedans.

So why the fuck is it priced like this?

Toyota should have a trim for 370z like cars and then the cayman while undercutting the price point of both models

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even notice the opening post.

Guff is a beloved member on the forums. He can say scoopity poop and we would give likes.

There is nothing in that spec sheet worthy of a like

A sports car will be sold at a loss but it don't matter when you pushing an 86 year's sales in a week for sedans.

So why the fuck is it priced like this?

Toyota should have a trim for 370z like cars and then the cayman while undercutting the price point of both models
Hope it’s all false and we’ll be surprised.. oh well.

Yeah.. not one like.. maybe I’ll like it so his post doesn’t go like less.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Underwhelmed is an Understatement! Please tell me this is fake news, unless it is just the base model, the specs seem completely off compared to what was just announced about the Z4...and the price is way out of wack also...We really need Toyota to step up with some facts asap....

Based on what was said I dont think anyone on this forum would buy one!

While we appreciate any news Guff, ser
Bad news, looks like Toyota USA may have pulled another we want everything under the sun on this car (c. A80) ...

Just confirmed again, car as tested is indeed 3050lbs without all the bloat ware. Good luck Europe and Australia.

I am very disappointed if true.
What do you mean Toyota USA we want everything mean?

Last edited:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Underwhelmed is an Understatement! Please this is fake news, unless this the base model, the specs seem completely off compared to was just announced about the Z4...and the price is way out of wack also...We really need Toyota to step up with some facts asap....

Based on what was said I dont think anyone on this forum would buy one!

While we appreciate any news Guff, ser

What do you mean Toyota USA we want everything mean?
Toyota USA wanted everything in the sense.. all the gadgets, safety gizmos, all sorts of stuff that’ll turn a car into a boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.