New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
oh man did I go back in time, this is like the early days of the 86 with all the this source and that sources says it will be this and that.

and the BRZ was suppose to be AWD that kind of stuff.

I'm going to sit and wait, and see. No Need to lose sleep over this tbh.

I'm with everyone that I'm no thrilled, however I'm not going to be thrilled if Guff Post something 400HP either.

Toyota has my benefit of the doubt until I see a Press Release from News room and it's on a spinning turn table at a show or something.

Hell unti my hands are on a steering wheel ready to sign!

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ya but if you read the list I dont see alot of gadgets/gizmos...?
Weight tells you that Toyota USA threw in all the gadgets (heavy seats, parking sensors, cameras all over the place, additional sound deadeding maybe) per A70.. he was quoting 3050 previously and was worried Toyota USA will throw water all over Monalisa.

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
oh man did I go back in time, this is like the early days of the 86 with all the this source and that sources says it will be this and that.

and the BRZ was suppose to be AWD that kind of stuff.

I'm going to sit and wait, and see. No Need to lose sleep over this tbh.

I'm with everyone that I'm no thrilled, however I'm not going to be thrilled if Guff Post something 400HP either.

Toyota has my benefit of the doubt until I see a Press Release from News room and it's on a spinning turn table at a show or something.

Hell unti my hands are on a steering wheel ready to sign!
Smart man, I definitely subscribe to this ideology as well.

If there's one thing that this thread demonstrates though, it is that we all really want Toyota to succeed here. We might have different ideas of what that might be, but all in all there's a general hole in the market (and our hearts) that we have wanted, nay, needed Toyota to fill for us. This info does indeed miss that hole and drive straight into a brick wall like it was on Tesla Autopilot.

However, I think we all still owe it to Toyota to sit tight and wait until we get something straight from the horse's mouth.

PS. I love the fiery passion guys, keep it up, this community has proven to be great fun.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
19" wheels also suggest luxo-orientated, rather than the performance 18 w/ 255F/275R too...

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
In that list only the things I agree with is the safety tech,I dunno at the rate of these people crashing their "86" and blaming it on some superstitious "curse" I think I welcome all the safety tech : ) even if it adds some weight.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
There are some things in that info that definitely seem to be guesses, and that's why I'm still on the fence regardless. Problem is, I can't really confirm it because my US contacts are few and far between, especially product planners and sales people.

To paraphrase Leia, help me Guff, you are my only hope.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
if the stats are true can we make an agreement to change the board to a v6 camry enthusiast forum?
RWD 2Dr Camry.. who remembers the 3rd gen American edition Camry coupes? Guess what Toyota is set to unveil a sequel.. hehe

Sunspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like big rear ends and I cannot lie.
Smart man, I definitely subscribe to this ideology as well.

If there's one thing that this thread demonstrates though, it is that we all really want Toyota to succeed here. We might have different ideas of what that might be, but all in all there's a general hole in the market (and our hearts) that we have wanted, nay, needed Toyota to fill for us. This info does indeed miss that hole and drive straight into a brick wall like it was on Tesla Autopilot.

However, I think we all still owe it to Toyota to sit tight and wait until we get something straight from the horse's mouth.

PS. I love the fiery passion guys, keep it up, this community has proven to be great fun.
Question is, how long will the faithful sit tight and wait?

If the info is true your typical sports car enthusiast is gonna laugh at this offering when it comes out..and that'll be the only buyer that will be in the market as everyone else who has waited will have moved on. imho

edit: They'll also have to deal with the mid engine vette and a hybrid porsche...come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.