New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
it's the wrong information in regards to the 6cyl, but the 4cyl is a B48 afaik.

Tada encouraging engine swaps probably has more to do with knowing he simply cant appease some folks, and if selling a 4cyl (even if to swap) can get people to buy and enjoy his car then that's better than nothing.
Now that I can understand. I think at the least, people will enjoy what the car can provide in terms of body and rigidity. The power will come, except without having to do FI via the 86/brz to extract power

Daigor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Toyota Supra
Really? Are you really comparing TRD accessories on grocery getters to a modified A80? No offense but what was the point you are trying to make? Horsepower wise, please give me a good example of a TRD performance part that was offered to any Toyota or Scion from 2000 to current that made any difference whatsoever on power.
No offense taken. You mentioned "Modified" so I assumed just aftermarket parts under Toyota Warranty. If you are now referring to HP gains. TRD offered lots of the Superchargers at the time for different applications. An example was the Toyota 4Runner's which went from 236HP to 306HP in their V6 lineup.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
If the new Supra had a transaxle, the 4 cylinder would not have better weight distribution.

Screw fake vents and BMW interior, lack of transaxle remains my greatest complaint. :cry:

ginsuown

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Nissan 350z, 2007 Honda Civic
If the new Supra had a transaxle, the 4 cylinder would not have better weight distribution.

Screw fake vents and BMW interior, lack of transaxle remains my greatest complaint. :cry:
If I remember correctly, the vents were confirmed to be real, or for some trims, come with removable plastic blockers. And it seems they were indeed designed and placed for maximum cooling and downforce.

One complaint gone, at least! :)

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
If I remember correctly, the vents were confirmed to be real, or for some trims, come with removable plastic blockers. And it seems they were indeed designed and placed for maximum cooling and downforce.

One complaint gone, at least! :)
only applies to the front fake vents connected to the headlights. Those and the ones on the hood would be easy to open up. But the ones on the door and connected to the taillights are totally faux and wouldn't serve a purpose even if you did drill in some openings to the rear wheel wells..

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
yeah, i think that comment about the door vent and brake cooling might have been a mistake and he was instead speaking to using the front and hood vents which make far more sense.

But I wasn't there and i don't really rank confirmation on vents as high on my list lol.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
haha ill ask eventually, but ill just toss it in there with something else

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I wish! I'd buy a 2J and swap it in with a TR6060 and be the happiest dude this side of the galaxy
You got me at the TR6060 swap instead of the V160... I always feel the 6060 shifts way better than the V160. You are a good man A70!!

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
T56 Magnum ftw
That’s a good one as well. However.. Ford put in a lot of work on the TR3160 (found in the GT350) to make it lighter. Maybe that’ll be a good option as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.