Status
Not open for further replies.

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Any chance Toyota doesn't introduce another concept FT-1 and goes straight to introducing a Supra Concept?
There's no definite pattern. The FR-S got 2-3 concepts before the car was made but the LF-LC has only one concept before they green lighted the car.
Sponsored

EvoX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Evo
Any chance Toyota doesn't introduce another concept FT-1 and goes straight to introducing a Supra Concept?
Nah we'll see another concept. The concept right now is just by CALTY artists and wasn't developed with engineers. They're probably gonna put out a concept that's closer to production that's co designed by the engineers and designers together. That's my biggest worry actually since I love this design. But it probably isn't even crash standard or pedestrian safety compliant and it may lose alot of its coolness once they restyle it to be compliance -- those mirrors, front bumper, hood might all be changed up.

Big George

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3, X5 V8
The article says that it has moved onto the concept stage..... isn't that the stage we've been in since January? :dunno:

Has something changed?

910ps

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
The article says that it has moved onto the concept stage..... isn't that the stage we've been in since January? :dunno:

Has something changed?
Other members have mentioned this but I think the FT-1 concept was just a design study. Also it may not have originally been designed with the Toyota-BMW joint project in mind. Sounds like maybe we'll see more FT-1 concepts but this time on the joint platform.

Big George

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3, X5 V8
Other members have mentioned this but I think the FT-1 concept was just a design study. Also it may not have originally been designed with the Toyota-BMW joint project in mind. Sounds like maybe we'll see more FT-1 concepts but this time on the joint platform.
Interesting thanks i did not know that. I wonder how a Toyota-BMW joint platform will affect the design if at all.

From a Dig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma
Rad a rumor that BMW was going to the one to manufacturer both theirs and Toyota's model. Sounds like a Toyota-Subaru arrangement for the 86 cars if true.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
The FT-1 is nothing more than a body shell sitting on a Lexus RC chassis.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150

Has something changed?
idk either, but that could also mean that BMW will go ahead with their own version of their concept car? :dunno:

fox body

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pogo Stick
BMW is the one that issued the statement saying it was going into concept stage so I don't think they are speaking for Toyota necessarily.

Turbo GFX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV GTI
They were obviously talking about a concept for the real platform and not just a design exercise. I have a lot of respect for Calty does but they are not engineers and the concepts should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Did they even know /were told the size, weight, drivetrain configuration, engine choices, etc that Toyota is shooting for?

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
i dont understand why everyone is saying there will be a new concept on the "real platform"? did we ever get a new 86 concept on a "real platform"? most concept cars these days are just bodykits/shells over an existing or modified chassis. then from there the automaker decide which styling cues will carry over onto the production car. an example is the Lexus LF-LC concept. it was just a bodykit on a modified LFA chassis. we never got a new concept on a "real platform". now BMW's concept maybe closer to the actual size if the used the existing Z4 or 2 series chassis to built their concept on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.