NHTSA Recalls (Aug 3, 2021) - Remedy Available

racs09

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra A90
The dealership I went to was longo toyota. The adviser I used, Eric Chung seemed to be one of the best adviser I've used in a long time. So you can give them a try.
Thanks man. Will give him a call tomorrow.
Sponsored

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
The dealership I went to was longo toyota. The adviser I used, Eric Chung seemed to be one of the best adviser I've used in a long time. So you can give them a try.
I second Longo Toyota. I dealt with a Daniel Lopez who made it seamless.

mande110

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
na
One thing I have noticed is that the lane keep assist is much more gentle now. Pre-update I always felt like the lane keeping assist would re-center way too aggressively, but now it feels much more natural and less aggressive. I feel like I can actually keep this feature in now.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
I inquired about the recall with a local dealer and they said that the motor needs to be cold and I have to drop off the car the night before, so they can take care of it first thing the next morning. Does that sound like the proper procedure? I don't think anyone has mentioned that requirement as of yet.

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
… they said that the motor needs to be cold and I have to drop off the car the night before, so they can take care of it first thing the next morning…
There is no such requirement in the TSB, they don’t even need to open the engine bay, other than to attach the power source whilst flashing. They may want to manage their workflow so they have zero dead bay time, and hence not give a specific time for the campaign and the easiest fob off is they need it the day before to allow it to “cool”. But it has nothing to do with engine temperature.

Last edited:

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I inquired about the recall with a local dealer and they said that the motor needs to be cold and I have to drop off the car the night before, so they can take care of it first thing the next morning. Does that sound like the proper procedure? I don't think anyone has mentioned that requirement as of yet.
Total BS. I drove my car in and they began working on it right away.

They need to update their computer that connects to your car, and then the actual update.

shayan9199

First Name
Shayan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Got mine done yesterday. Everything went fine except maybe it’s in my head, but the steering feels loose compared to before.
Has anyone else noticed that?

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine done yesterday. Everything went fine except maybe it’s in my head, but the steering feels loose compared to before.
Has anyone else noticed that?
my steering felt a little bit more tighter in all honesty. Is it just the difference between sport/normal?

SydSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
Just a few questions for all the Australian and NZ Supra owners here in the forums.

1) Have any of you got this recall for the brakes done and lost all your ECU tune?
2) Does this ECU update during the recall enable Carplay?

I just had the full-screen Carplay enabled via aftermarket and was wondering if it would be gone post reflash.
Hey mate I got the recall done earlier today. And the full-screen Apple Carplay is gone!. Every setting is pretty much gone, like a factory reset if you will. The service rep couldn't help much, but would have been good to be informed that the ECU was getting wiped!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hey mate I got the recall done earlier today. And the full-screen Apple Carplay is gone!. Every setting is pretty much gone, like a factory reset if you will. The service rep couldn't help much, but would have been good to be informed that the ECU was getting wiped!
Yup - everything definitely gets wiped. It's interesting that Full Screen Car Play is gone, it shouldn't be. In fact, it's included for free in the update. Perhaps a setting in iDrive somewhere that you need to re-enabled? Otherwise it sounds like the update wasn't completely fully.

SydSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
Yup - everything definitely gets wiped. It's interesting that Full Screen Car Play is gone, it shouldn't be. In fact, it's included for free in the update. Perhaps a setting in iDrive somewhere that you need to re-enabled? Otherwise it sounds like the update wasn't completely fully.
To clarify, down under we don't even get basic Carplay to begin with! So I had it programmed from someone here in the forum from the US. And now it's all gone. Not sure if I have to code it again, or even if it can be done!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
To clarify, down under we don't even get basic Carplay to begin with! So I had it programmed from someone here in the forum from the US. And now it's all gone. Not sure if I have to code it again, or even if it can be done!
Oh oh that makes sense - sorry, didn't catch your location. You should be able to code it back in, but you might need to pay the service fee again. Nothing about this ECU software is anymore locked than it was.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Is there anything like a version document that lists the ECU update changes? I know we get 1) fullscreen Apple Carplay and 2) the braking update, but beyond that, everything else I've seen seems subjective.

Reactions: CJ-

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
BMW don’t publish change logs unfortunately.
Sponsored