• Total voters

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I don’t see why people expected the BMW M2 to be faster? It gained weight and has been shown to be a worse performer to the Supra (and Caddy CT4-V Blackwing also). It did what it was supposed to do, beat it’s predecessor. The Z was rather surprising, good on them but also not something I would want due to lack of manual.

How about how little the Ford Mustang Darkhorse out performed the previous generation Mach 1? Proves to me just how little effort Ford did in trying to make a better sports car. I think with proper tires and maybe some different compound brake pads the manual Supra could likely hang with the Darkhorse, that’s without adding any power.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I noticed that the narrator mentioned that the Nismo differential had overheated and blew out fluid through its vent and onto the exhaust pipe. It looks like our diffs are not the only ones that act up.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Riding on grippier tires and still slower than the Supra 😂. 2 fatass overweight cars.
There you go. Weight, weight, weight… Hard to get around that elephant 🐘 in the room. Ever watch boxing or UFC? The lightweight guys are nimble as hell. The big boyEEs pack a big punch but much slower. I don’t look at the dark horse or even M2 in the same class as a Lotus, S2K, or MX5. I originally thought of our Supra in the same class. Then you look at weight again, drive the car and it’s no surprise. You can feel the difference in a Supra vs those heavier cars. Especially if you turn the wheel at higher speeds 😂

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
I hope Toyota does something with the GRMN version to get the car into the 2:40s. At minimum, Toyota needs to beat the Dark Horse.

Too bad C&D didn't bring a 2024 8AT. The suspension tweaks on the 23 made a huge difference, the 8AT alone should be worth at least another second and better tires should recover another 2-3 seconds.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
They need to post all times with ONE professional driver. Like Top Gear used to do w Stig. These guys are amateurs, do not believe they have any racing or competition experience. More importantly multiple people should NOT be posting times on same list.

Last edited:

1/4mile ride

First Name
Shax
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK4 MT & MK5 AT Supra, Nissan Z 23 MT

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Last edited:

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
I just can't wait for the day that people can order direct from manufacturer and you only need to go in and pick your car up or have it delivered to your door.

Dealerships that do this markup crap totally disgust me especially when we are already in an era currently with such high prices and nothing looks to be slowing down that pretty soon there won't be nearly as many car enthusiasts out there because they just will not be affordable to most people which is extremely unfortunate.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
I just can't wait for the day that people can order direct from manufacturer and you only need to go in and pick your car up or have it delivered to your door.

Dealerships that do this markup crap totally disgust me especially when we are already in an era currently with such high prices and nothing looks to be slowing down that pretty soon there won't be nearly as many car enthusiasts out there because they just will not be affordable to most people which is extremely unfortunate.
:agree: