OEM Audio+ High Resolution Audio Amp and Subwoofer

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Seems like a very costly and imperfect solution to me... comparing that to the mObridge setup (which is half the price) at least. Sure you've got a custom sub and enclosure included in this... but they appear to have no way of directly interfacing with the DSP so you're stuck with their tuning? Based on the horrible graph they show in the marketing page... that's not a "house curve" I'm interested in listening to. :rolleyes:

If there is a way of at least uploading your own FIR filters and PEQ settings to it's DSP, then it becomes a bit more interesting.
Sponsored

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like a very costly and imperfect solution to me... comparing that to the mObridge setup (which is half the price) at least. Sure you've got a custom sub and enclosure included in this... but they appear to have no way of directly interfacing with the DSP so you're stuck with their tuning? Based on the horrible graph they show in the marketing page... that's not a "house curve" I'm interested in listening to. :rolleyes:

If there is a way of at least uploading your own FIR filters and PEQ settings to it's DSP, then it becomes a bit more interesting.
Thanks ill probably get that one

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks ill probably get that one
Credit to @METAL who mentioned it in the other thread as being the solution he selected... it's definitely the direction I'm going as well. I'll take the ability to handle the DSP side myself any day over having a one-and-done solution without flexibility.

To be fair, the OEM Audio+ kit is clearly more tailored to those that simply don't have the time, tools, or desire to handle the tuning themselves (or pay extra labor to have it done by a shop). For the pure DIYer that wants improvements with just an afternoon of light work - it's a decent, but pricey option for sure.

Honestly, if they offered the sub + enclosure by itself for under $750... I'd consider it plus the MOST25 as the amp/dsp solution for the best of both worlds... that way I could still utilize the OEM subs as mid-woofers.

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Credit to @METAL who mentioned it in the other thread as being the solution he selected... it's definitely the direction I'm going as well. I'll take the ability to handle the DSP side myself any day over having a one-and-done solution without flexibility.

To be fair, the OEM Audio+ kit is clearly more tailored to those that simply don't have the time, tools, or desire to handle the tuning themselves (or pay extra labor to have it done by a shop). For the pure DIYer that wants improvements with just an afternoon of light work - it's a decent, but pricey option for sure.

Honestly, if they offered the sub + enclosure by itself for under $750... I'd consider it plus the MOST25 as the amp/dsp solution for the best of both worlds... that way I could still utilize the OEM subs as mid-woofers.
That would be perfect bro!

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
We still got to hear it, because it might sound bad ass...I would not give up on it yet....but yeah its pricey!

Last edited:

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We still got to hear it, bit might sound bad ass...I would not give up on it yet....but yeah its pricey!
Fair enough, and admittedly speakers are a much more subjective preference... but that's why I prefer a user-tunable DSP over a fixed system. I presume someone at Toyota actually listened to the prototype system and thought it "sounded pretty good" as well. :rolleyes:

Klipsch and Bose both sell millions of boxes with big bass and bright highs - but that doesn't mean I can tolerate listening to them. They obviously sound great to most people that hear them in electronics stores however or they'd be out of business.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Fair enough, and admittedly speakers are a much more subjective preference... but that's why I prefer a user-tunable DSP over a fixed system. I presume someone at Toyota actually listened to the prototype system and thought it "sounded pretty good" as well. :rolleyes:

Klipsch and Bose both sell millions of boxes with big bass and bright highs - but that doesn't mean I can tolerate listening to them. They obviously sound great to most people that hear them in electronics stores however or they'd be out of business.
Iā€™m sure the OEM+ setup is going to sound great, but I have no regrets for buying the MOST25 sitting in my office right now. If I wasnā€™t so daunted by tuning this thing, Iā€™d already have it in the car! Iā€™ll take some time to pick out the rest of my system first, and toss it all in. May have a custom box done to fit on the wall, like the OEM+ solution, though. I like that a lot.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0

True but like they said they wanted something quality and easy to install by the end user and I think they did it but we got to hear itā€¦.might be good might be not worth the $2500!

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
True but like they said they wanted something quality and easy to install by the end user and I think they did it but we got to hear itā€¦.might be good might be not worth the $2500!
Yeah. I think the other systems are overpriced as well, since youā€™re basically getting an 8ā€ sub, custom enclosure, and wiring harness for the low, low price of $1100+. The DSP tuning may be worth it, though - Iā€™ve heard nothing but good things about their systems, but that could be their primary audience of people who have rarely listened to anything other than OEM systems.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah. I think the other systems are overpriced as well, since youā€™re basically getting an 8ā€ sub, custom enclosure, and wiring harness for the low, low price of $1100+. The DSP tuning may be worth it, though - Iā€™ve heard nothing but good things about their systems, but that could be their primary audience of people who have rarely listened to anything other than OEM systems.
I'm sure it will sound great... I certainly don't doubt their experience and competence in designing products that appeal to a wider audience. I mean, when I first set up my home theater with decent speakers and processor... it sounded great too. However, I still felt like I was hearing the speakers... after full Dirac tuning - now I just hear music and movies and never notice the speakers at all.

Honestly, for me, the biggest problem with the factory system isn't a lack of bass reinforcement or extension... it's the fact that everything else is so muddy and congested sounding. Damping and porting helps things... but more power is needed to keep everything tighter. Once that power is present, I'm hoping to not even feel the need to add a sub immediately. I'm fine with passing the factory subs at 70Hz or so with a steep rolloff and not having the gut-punching bass in this car. I've got a home theater to get that fix. :D

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
The frequency range of their sun is 20-1000hz just for an FYI. I have experienced their and configuration and can assure you they do an awesome job maximizing their set and forget configs. I briefly talked to the about a gain knob which is an option with the evolution series but not sure if they will offer it in this configuration. Anyway thought I'd throw that in. For those of us who don't have the time/understanding on how to configure the dsp to maximize a range of genres the money is worth the investment.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
FYI...

Here is OEMAudio+ response to the question many seem to have as to why the cost of the Supra audio system they are currently offering is higher to that of say the Toyota 86 and other systems they offer for other vehicles....

-------------------------------------

My Initial thoughts...

The 2 OE subs are deleted / bypassed in the OEM Audio + application which is a big disappointment to me...I would have rather kept them in the system adding crossovers with some DSP applied to have them operate as mid-bass speakers...

OEM Audio never took this into consideration while developing their system assuming the 2 rear OE woofers were not very good...Had they done so I think they would have approached things a bit differently....
Agreed. I wish they would have went in this direction as well. Pretty disappointing considering the cost of just a subwoofer, enclosure, amp, and tuning. They must be very happy with their tuning results to justify charging $2500 for just those components.

It's somewhat of a hard sell without hearing it first, but I feel like I'm still gonna end up buying this.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455

I agree, it does seem very costly...but their systems are built for those that want a factory finish OEM plug and play solution that sounds good without having to do any tuning themselves. Not everyone wants to spend hours tuning their own systems, including me. I've done that many times in the past on previous cars and I just don't have time for it anymore. If that's not what you want, then their systems obviously aren't for you.

There's also no such thing as a "perfect house curve". They've been using that same curve image for all of their systems on all vehicles. It's not what their curve on the Supra specifically looks like. :rolleyes:

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
A Sub out RCA could have added more value to this system. Bavsound offers it with their amps.

Edit: Could this maybe have it here

Fan_A90.jpg