OEM Audio+ High Resolution Audio Amp and Subwoofer

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
OEM Audio + has been banging out plug and play systems for multiple vehicles/brands for years. They don't need your approval see positive sales numbers.
Technically, they do. They need enough buyers to see value in the product to reconcile all R&D/production costs for the product and see a profit. I simply stated their price point was too high for what they are offering and they lost me as a buyer. 4 or 5 enthusiasts on an internet forum is not enough to keep a product afloat. I'm not alone bud.
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Then move on. If OEM Audio + doesnā€™t sell enough units they will likely lower the price.

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
Technically, they do. They need enough buyers to see value in the product to reconcile all R&D/production costs for the product and see a profit. I simply stated their price point was too high for what they are offering and they lost me as a buyer. 4 or 5 enthusiasts on an internet forum is not enough to keep a product afloat. I'm not alone bud.
They've been in business since 2007 they aren't going anywhere and they understand the price points that work....they have created dozens of systems. Pretty sure they've calculated all sunk costs vs expected sales numbers. They'll be just fine.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
They've been in business since 2007 they aren't going anywhere and they understand the price points that work....they have created dozens of systems. Pretty sure they've calculated all sunk costs vs expected sales numbers. They'll be just fine.
This is also, by far, the most expensive single-subwoofer solution they offer. It's new territory for them, and people screw that up all the time. The systems for the BRZ/WRX/etc. are nearly cheap enough to be an impulse purchase for me, especially compared to this.

This system may or may not be 'overpriced', depending on your view - but it is absolutely expensive. Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is, their potential customer base is miniscule compared to their other offerings, so this is what it's going to cost to cover their R&D costs and still make a profit.

We'll see how they do. Those saying you can go custom at that price point are absolutely correct - but part of me is inclined to investigate this option simply for the ease of install. Also as others have said, for under $2k, I'd be a LOT more inclined to go this route.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
$1,500 price point and I'm in. $2,500+ and I can have a custom audio shop build and install a nicer system.
The amp/dsp and MOST interface combo is $1500 alone in this kit if you buy it from a vendor. It's a Match Up 7BMW and Helix SDMI25, so no you can't.

Now factor in the subwoofer, custom woofer enclosure that barely removes any trunk space, perfectly fabbed bracket for the amp+MOST device, ease of installation/plug and play connectors, and 60+ hours of tuning and this system is a steal. You'll be paying double at any master installer shop for something that sounds better, guaranteed.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is also, by far, the most expensive single-subwoofer solution they offer. It's new territory for them, and people screw that up all the time. The systems for the BRZ/WRX/etc. are nearly cheap enough to be an impulse purchase for me, especially compared to this.

This system may or may not be 'overpriced', depending on your view - but it is absolutely expensive. Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is, their potential customer base is miniscule compared to their other offerings, so this is what it's going to cost to cover their R&D costs and still make a profit.

We'll see how they do. Those saying you can go custom at that price point are absolutely correct - but part of me is inclined to investigate this option simply for the ease of install. Also as others have said, for under $2k, I'd be a LOT more inclined to go this route.
It's a lot more than just a "single sub" system. Check my post above. So sick of people typing this over and over. The value in this system is absolutely there, but if you find any shop willing to give you these high quality German audio components (or something better) along with everything else provided in this kit for under $2k, let me know and I'll eat my shoes.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
It's a lot more than just a "single sub" system. Check my post above. So sick of people typing this over and over. The value in this system is absolutely there, but if you find any shop willing to give you these high quality German audio components (or something better) along with everything else provided in this kit for under $2k, let me know and I'll eat my shoes.
Nothing compares to the convenience that this system offers for $2500.

Is a custom system possible for $2500 yes, the m0bridge amp makes it possible since it's a 3 in 1 solution with the DSP, MOST25 connection, and almost 2000w rms built in power on 9ch.

But to keep it at that budget will depend on your own ability to install or if you have the resources available to have the car down while a shop installs this.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Next time read what I wrote, instead of just the first line and acting like Iā€™m being an idiot.
Physical products? No, you arenā€™t getting much more than a single sub solution. Youā€™re getting the tuning, which is more important than the components, and I get that. You get the exact same thing with all of their kits for other cars, which cost half or less than this system.
Defend it all you want - I donā€™t care, because, again, if you actually read my post, Iā€™m not knocking it, so stop being defensive, ffs.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Next time read what I wrote, instead of just the first line and acting like Iā€™m being an idiot.
Physical products? No, you arenā€™t getting much more than a single sub solution. Youā€™re getting the tuning, which is more important than the components, and I get that. You get the exact same thing with all of their kits for other cars, which cost half or less than this system.
Defend it all you want - I donā€™t care, because, again, if you actually read my post, Iā€™m not knocking it, so stop being defensive, ffs.
The subwoofer itself is definitely the cheapest component of the entire system, so you're being disingenuous with your "single sub" statement.

Regardless, you don't get the exact same thing with all of their other kits. Most of the older amp solutions they offer were the grey colored amps, similar to the stock ones in our cars and were not as high quality and don't produce as much output, although the reviews are still solid because they are great at tuning. I think they are now starting to update those and add additional dedicated subwoofer amps (for an additional cost) for some of their older kits for exactly this reason. I know for sure they are doing it on some of the Tacoma kits.

I stand by my statement that everyone complaining that it's "just a single sub system" is not accurate and it bothers me when the full details aren't included.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
So it seems like everyone so far that has gotten it says itā€™s worth it and way better than the port modified stock system. Is it possible to quantify how it sounds better/different for those on the Internet? Since Iā€™m in socal, Iā€™m trying to call them to see if I can hear it for myself before ordering

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
So it seems like everyone so far that has gotten it says itā€™s worth it and way better than the port modified stock system. Is it possible to quantify how it sounds better/different for those on the Internet? Since Iā€™m in socal, Iā€™m trying to call them to see if I can hear it for myself before ordering
Based off their comments on the sound stage being right in front of them means the system is well tuned.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Based off their comments on the sound stage being right in front of them means the system is well tuned.
And much more impactful and dynamic bass, while not being overly boomy and cheap sounding. It adds depth to the music instead of taking away from it. Literally the most important aspects of an audio system are included here...and it's done VERY well.

Simply put, if you want a mature, high quality sounding audio system that is simple to install, looks OEM without losing trunk space, and having to worry about a shop's ability to tune or the time to do it yourself - this is the system to buy. If you want something that sounds better, it's going to take a lot more effort and/or money to get you there.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
If they ever have a sale or lowered the price I would pull the trigger instantly. Called them up to inquire etc but just couldn't pull the trigger for $2500. You can literally have a custom job done at this price point with way more thump power. I dunno. I want it because it does look clean and offers a unique solution to better sound but not for $2500 bucks. Might as well hang on to the $2500 and put it toward a pure 800.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I bought an OEM+ system for my BRZ many years ago during a big sale. Want to say Black Friday.

Was super happy with it.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Would one of you guys be able to do a simple RTA and FFT of the sound. You can download a free app called Mobile Tools and use your phones mic and via bluetooth from the app play pink noise at high but safe volume.

Bonus points to someone with an external mic and pink noise playing through USB.

Be sure to post results from drivers listening position and center of vehicle.
Sponsored