Ohlins Road & Track

Kase

First Name
supra.kase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0: Turbulence Gray
Bump for an update @Kase - you get these bad boys installed yet?
Finally getting these installed tomorrow. Then an alignment for these bad boys on Saturday
Sponsored

Kase

First Name
supra.kase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First Impressions:
Car feels great with the Ohlins, really liking how they feel on the street. Can't wait to try these out on the track. They however don't go as low as some of the other other options out there. Mostly designed to stay at near stock ride height if not just a tad lower.

We did run into one issue though where Ohlins supplied the wrong front spring. They gave us a 180mm spring instead of a 200m spring.

Car will be at Supra Sunday in Corona :)
toyota-gr-supra---ohlins-dfv-coilovers_51405057913_o.jpg

OP
OP

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
Is this the lowest it will go?

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
First Impressions:
Car feels great with the Ohlins, really liking how they feel on the street. Can't wait to try these out on the track. They however don't go as low as some of the other other options out there. Mostly designed to stay at near stock ride height if not just a tad lower.
Looks perfect with just the right amount of shock travel to let them do their thing.

Kase

First Name
supra.kase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is this the lowest it will go?
It can go a little lower but it's not recommended. After trying the stock springs we'll upgrade to some swift springs and see how they preform.

dwai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ, Land Cruiser 200
First Impressions:

We did run into one issue though where Ohlins supplied the wrong front spring. They gave us a 180mm spring instead of a 200m spring.

Car will be at Supra Sunday in Corona :)
toyota-gr-supra---ohlins-dfv-coilovers_51405057913_o.jpg
Did you get to try the suspension on track? Car looks sick!

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
KW offers lifetime warranty vs Ohlins 1 or 2 year.
Though I've read couple users warranty denied due to track use. You'll want to reach out to KW and confirm this before track use.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Though I've read couple users warranty denied due to track use. You'll want to reach out to KW and confirm this before track use.
Yeah my experience with KW support was NOT good.

Kase

First Name
supra.kase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Couple updates since we got the Ohlins installed. The SPL End Links are not compatible with the strut's end link bracket. The bracket is in a "J" shape and is hitting the end link when going full lock. This is also causing the bearing to be out of articulation due to the end link is bent. End links were set to stock length.

We are currently working with SPL to get some custom hardware to clear the bracket.

Capture.PNG

Right Side:
1648069680085.png

Left Side:
1648069935645.png

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Couple updates since we got the Ohlins installed. The SPL End Links are not compatible with the strut's end link bracket. The bracket is in a "J" shape and is hitting the end link when going full lock. This is also causing the bearing to be out of articulation due to the end link is bent. End links were set to stock length.

We are currently working with SPL to get some custom hardware to clear the bracket.

Capture.PNG

Right Side:
1648069680085.png

Left Side:
1648069935645.png
I have the exact same issue, let me know if there is an update from SPL pls

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Because I can't use the SPL end links my sway bar hits the SPL lower control arms, so I had to chop the tips off the sway bar and now it's really close, I put some tape to see how it does over time and I still found some marks mostly during complete opposite lock of the steering wheel. So yea it's all a bit of a mess, hopefully SPL can come with a solution to accommodate the end links.

damnsupra

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, s15, r34 gtr. gr corolla :]
8ebb223a-2bd6-489a-986e-5102f35502fd.jpg

Yea i'm in the same boat, this whole ordeal has been a nightmare... Sway bars do not fit spl parts unless you do endlinks and endlinks don't fit the ohlins. I'm assuming ohlins just made these coils for stock cars, kinda dissapointed I was very excited to put ohlins on my car. Ohlins Also do not fit the verus universal camber plates

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
8ebb223a-2bd6-489a-986e-5102f35502fd.jpg

Yea i'm in the same boat, this whole ordeal has been a nightmare... Sway bars do not fit spl parts unless you do endlinks and endlinks don't fit the ohlins. I'm assuming ohlins just made these coils for stock cars, kinda dissapointed I was very excited to put ohlins on my car. Ohlins Also do not fit the verus universal camber plates
Separate from the ohlin mounting issue, did you make sure there was no preload on the bar when you installed those endlinks? the bar is way high, I cannot see how there isn't preload there.
Sponsored