Oil Drain Valve (UPDATE)

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
How long have to had the valve type installed on the Supra?
Almost 1500 miles now. Drove thru couple of states, highway, city driving. Granted not wintery conditions.
Sponsored

Ghostop

First Name
John snow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Zl1 10sp 2017 civic type r
Almost 1500 miles now. Drove thru couple of states, highway, city driving. Granted not wintery conditions.
Awesome man thanks. The link you posted up is the one you ordered?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Afterfire

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2006 S2000, 2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Fumoto got back to me promptly and they were super nice and helpful. They're sending me the F109SX to try with a prepaid envelope for shipping what doesn't work back. If it can fit in that gap in the lip around the drain and only drops down to roughly the same height as the valve without the stubby nipple, I think we got a winner.

Afterfire

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2006 S2000, 2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Here is a pic of the replacement valve I got from Fumoto. I already changed the oil when I went to install the first time, so IDK when Im going to try this one on. Probably when I get an "add a quart" warning if I get another one and switch to a 5w-30 for my climate. My concern right now is the opening in the lip surrounding the drain plug being wide enough for the horizontal valve of the F-109SX vs the vertical of the F-139S. Wish I wouldve measured it now.
*one or two of the pics look a little distorted but the ruler starts at the beginning of the brass main body*
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

SneakylilPetey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I have one of these on my Subaru Forester XT and absolutely love it.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Any updates on the correct Fumoto and fitment with the oil pan's drain lip and plastic cover?

Also, anyone else try the Valvomax?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Awesome! Thanks!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I can appreciate all the effort in this thread but when I hear things like a hose kit, isnā€™t it easier just remove the drain bolt the conventional way? ??ā€ā™‚

-RJM

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I can appreciate all the effort in this thread but when I hear things like a hose kit, isnā€™t it easier just remove the drain bolt the conventional way? ??ā€ā™‚

-RJM
The hose is nice because you can route it directly into the bottle you would normally funnel the used oil into. Also nice since you don't have to clean up an oil drain container or funnel.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny

-RJM
No. Because now I never have to clean a single drop of oil ever again. It goes from the oil pan directly into oil recycling container. No spilling. No splashing. No gloves. No cleanup.

bgrall

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra CF edition, 2020 Bmw x3 xdrive,
I realize this is an old thread but since I finally found what I think is the best solution for an easy oil change valve replacement for the standard oil pan plug, I wanted to update. I found the No-Spill system with a low profile unit for the Supra. www.nospillsystems.com The part number is 15-12150-01. The unit solves several problems: Fits neatly under the cover without modification, Is made of brass so it will not strip the threads on the pan, has a stainless check valve and a gasketed cover so leaks are elimininated and includes a magnet to collect shavings. Be sure to order the hose attachment to make the draining of oil simple. i tried other options and this one worked perfectly. One time install and now oil changes are a snap.
Sponsored