PEEFREE's A90 Supra Build

PhantomPurple

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
The car looks great! I'm planning on wrapping mine in purple so I have 20+ purple vinyl samples at home. I can't get my hands on Inozotek though. Do you have some excess that you can throw in an envelope and I'll toss you a few bucks?
Inozotek midnight purple.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
The car looks great! I'm planning on wrapping mine in purple so I have 20+ purple vinyl samples at home. I can't get my hands on Inozotek though. Do you have some excess that you can throw in an envelope and I'll toss you a few bucks?
Too lazy. lol.

But my wrap guy has all my purple film. Comes in a full roll and I think he was going to do his explorer in this color. lol.

BLACK SHARK

First Name
HyungJIN Song
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 SUPRA.GT86
11.5. - Thill East - Finally got a chance to duke it out a bit with my buddies at Thill.

Didn't really change too much on the car other than adding the new version of the spage end plates and the KMP steering wheel. Not sure if the end plates made that much of a difference or I'm just getting used to the platform but the car feels more planted. lol.

Ended up breaking my own pb but not by much. There was still a ton of traffic and by the time it kind of cleared up, I was honestly super exhausted.

Switched my recording gear from my aim smartycam to a Gopro and got a nasty reminder that the batteries don't really last that long. So.... long story short, I got one recording of the first session of the day. lol.

Anyways, here's a video of that session. I was chasing my friend ( who usually drives my Supra). We weren't even really pushing it that hard here and ended up with sub 2's. Insane.

Is the car key battery working normally after installing the kmp steering wheel???

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2/6/2022 - Sonoma - MOAR POWA BABY

6Pjn9r.jpg

The Supra recently received a heavy dose of modifications. It was a long time coming seeing that almost everything that we've done until now had us walk a path where the Supra's hp was unaffected. It's probably the proper and safer way to build a track car so I guess there's that.

The mods included this time around were:

- Bronze TE37's
- Titan supplemental Fuel system
- Pure 800 Turbo
- Visconti Tuning A90 / a91 sequential flex fuel kit w/ Port Injection and flex fuel integration
- ID1050X Injectors
- Tune courtesy of CSGarage and Zach

With this latest round of mods, we set out to go test at Sonoma on 2/5 - 2/6.

Result:

We were able to shave about 1-2 seconds off our best times. While that doesn't seem like much, it was because there was traffic and we were still leaving a lot of power on the table. (more on this later).

Thoughts:

The car in it's current state can do sub 50s (and possibly sub 40's with a better driver) at Sonoma. Just to give you guys a bit of context but I had not driven in 3 - 4 months, took the car out for a few laps to shake the rust off, and instantly popped off two 1.50 laps without ever breaking a sweat. It was that easy.

The craziest part about this whole thing is that the car feels absolutely stock. The power is everywhere throughout the band. If anything, it is smoother, whereas the stock sometimes felt a bit flat in certain areas.

The only thing that I didn't like is that with all the additional power, the car felt a bit touchy. In other words, you do need to be more careful with your throttle input. But this was expected with a power increase of this magnitude. Also this was strictly a factor that had to do with the driver as opposed to the car so the relevancy here is minimal.

Pictures (Thanks to my buddy Gordon and Elton for the pics).

9BmLMz.jpg

I4OD23.jpg

1CYZTh.jpg

ycBtbM.jpg

v5W6v3.jpg

Last edited:

hooligan317

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
- Visconti Tuning A90 / a91 sequential flex fuel kit w/ Port Injection and flex fuel integration
- ID1050X Injectors

With the AMS intake manifold being port injection ready, was the install/config plug and play? Any gotchas or things to watch out for? I'm heading down this path soon and trying to figure out if the juice is worth the squeeze on stock turbo or if the Pure800/850 is "mandatory."

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
- ID1050X Injectors

With the AMS intake manifold being port injection ready, was the install/config plug and play? Any gotchas or things to watch out for? I'm heading down this path soon and trying to figure out if the juice is worth the squeeze on stock turbo or if the Pure800/850 is "mandatory."
It was fairly plug and play.

What are your goals with your build? If you're going for low 500s, the stock turbo might do it for you.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
If you're going for low 500s, the stock turbo might do it for you.
Stock turbo is good for 500hp, but why are we chasing HP numbers and now time goals?

It's better for OP to post your goals, not in dyno-queen numbers, but in 1/4 mile or lap times.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stock turbo is good for 500hp, but why are we chasing HP numbers and now time goals?

It's better for OP to post your goals, not in dyno-queen numbers, but in 1/4 mile or lap times.
I was asking hooligan what his goals are as that would help better determine what course he should take in terms of turbo set ups.

As for ourselves, we aren't chasing hp numbers. The goal here is to build a reliable and fast track machine. I don't think it would be hard to just build the thing for power but we wanted something that can not only be quick but be able to put that to the ground.

Reactions: zrk

hooligan317

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I was asking hooligan what his goals are as that would help better determine what course he should take in terms of turbo set ups.

As for ourselves, we aren't chasing hp numbers. The goal here is to build a reliable and fast track machine. I don't think it would be hard to just build the thing for power but we wanted something that can not only be quick but be able to put that to the ground.
You hit the nail on the head - reliable, fast, track machine. Something I can take to an event and lap consistently for full sessions without haven't to stress about the "next issue" that I'll have to solve for. My CTR was a bit of a headache with overheating, but my ZLE was bulletproof and I'm hoping to repeat that with the Supra.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
While we were at it, we also installed the INGS+ rear bumper and side valence.
ptkGFM.jpg
Is this Ings+1 Side Valence functionally vented? I see that carved away section behind the door bottom, but can't tell if it's a functional vent or just a visual detail section that's painted black.

BANGBANGSUPRA

First Name
FRANK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 SUPRA, 1996 SUPRA, IG: BangBangSupra
So just wanted to recap a bit of how our track day at Thunderhill this past saturday went. Unfortunately, I ended up with no footage because I found out my smartycam SD card was full... so that's that. Good news is that the event host provides free pictures so I'll be posting those later.

My track day on Saturday was a bit frustrating. We ran with Turn 8 events and was signed up in both the advanced and high intermediate group (I usually sign up for two groups so that I can get more track time to make the trip worth it). There was a decent amount of traffic in both my running groups so it basically ruined any chances we had of setting a pb. I had a feeling that people who were not supposed to be in those groups signed up anyways because their group was full and they really wanted to track.

On top of that people kept asking to sit in my car. While I don't mind driving friends around, these same friends started to tell me to drive THEIR friends around and that's what really got annoying. I don't even know these people and I honestly DGAF if you drove out here to not sit on the sideline. Especially when said individual doesn't listen to the track rules. At some point this person was LIVE IG'ing our session like they were some influencer. I HATE influencers. Nonetheless, so as not to be rude, I obliged and spent a majority of my track day basically acting like a ring taxi.

Due to the circumstances I was never really able to push the car. No pb's were broken. But from what I can tell the car is really neutral. I think it would stand to benefit from some aero as the car does feel a bit twitchy at times. Specifically during high speed corners. Aside from that, the car runs beautifully.

Regardless, I'd like to say thanks again to the guys at Elite Performance for setting the car up. Gary and his team really did a number on this thing and it shows.

I'd also like to say thanks to the host at Turn 8. While the traffic wasn't ideal, the whole track day was like clockwork. They have a great team and though they're a new host, if this is only the beginning, I'm excited to see how things are once they've gotten some more events under their belt.

Pics:

RZN3kO.jpg

x9eYEE.jpg

VCnOHR.jpg

iRuJW5.jpg

JhdlnT.jpg

alCVpQ.jpg

57UKpB.jpg

uoLf9L.jpg

2og1Rh.jpg

wBaf8s.jpg

Uo7TNi.jpg

WifnFb.jpg

fpqjuu.jpg

4oYDM9.jpg

YSvSvw.jpg
Car looks great, Love that hood!!!

Reactions: zrk

Supra Werty

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
I just noticed your exhaust tips. What fuel are you running ms109?

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5/5/2022 - Trans upgrade. More Tuning. DC Private Track Day.
lU0Eud.jpg

Anyways...Since our last outing with the extra power, we were running into some issues. Namely the fuel system still wasn't able to keep up and the trans was slipping.

To address these problems, we upgraded the transmission to a Pure Stage 1 and upped the fuel pump size.

This allowed us to bump the power from 400-500 to almost 700hp. The power level is based on what map we decide to run as well how much ethanol content is in the tank.

Once we were able to run the higher HP maps, the next problem we ran into had to do with the braking system. Despite the car already having upgraded BBK's on the front and rear, it felt as if the brakes were not sufficient in stopping the car.

To combat the brake problem, we changed out the rotors and switched to more aggressive CSG pads.

The mods included this time around were:

- upgraded fuel pump
- Pure Stage 1 Transmission
- New Rotors
- CSG Pads
- Tune courtesy of CSGarage and Zach

Result:

We were able to shave about 2 seconds off our best times at Thill. This was with me feeling a bit sick (was still recovering from a nasty flu).

The car has a lot more in it but at present I'm happy with the power delivery and how easy it is to drive fast.

Thoughts:

Never thought I'd own a car that could possibly do sub 50's at T-hill East but here we are.

The Supra is officially a monster.

Brakes are still a little iffy but I think it's just something that I need to get used to. This might also be attributed to the fact that we're hitting a lot higher speeds. (For example: Going down the straight was an indicated 153 mph which is more than 20 mph higher than my previous bests.)

Power delivery is extremely smooth (thanks again Zach!) and the transmission a long with everything else feels almost stock. You wouldn't be able to tell the car pushes out almost double the power unless you were hauling ass on track.

At this point, I'd like to have the tune dialed in a bit more. It would also be nice to have a bit more grip which I think we can achieve via some wider wheels / tires.

Pictures:

Gxe3C0.jpg

2TwHhl.jpg

46ACkE.jpg
Sponsored