ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Are you still running 295/35/18 a052? I need a tire thats not too short but with enough width..
We've been having some issues trying to find 295/35/18 a052s. Moved down to 285/30 but it throws the speedometer off by about 9% (shows that the car is going way faster than it actually is which is superrrr annoying).

We're going to try the 275/40/18 soon so we'll report back here when we do.

If it wasn't for the supply issue, I'd stick with the 295/35/18s.
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Car looks crazy mean! Question though, is the front end that squirrelly at sustained top speeds that it needs such a massive front splitter? Or is it more for the get the F out of my way King Kong is coming through?

-RJM

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Car looks crazy mean! Question though, is the front end that squirrelly at sustained top speeds that it needs such a massive front splitter? Or is it more for the get the F out of my way King Kong is coming through?

-RJM
It's not about it being squirrely as much as it is about rebalancing the aero.

That rear wing generates so much df, I actually think it wouldn't hurt to have a even larger front splitter.

I really like the way we have it set up right now though. Car rotates very nicely and is super stable. Has a bit of understeer but it's ok for now as I'm still getting used to the car. Once I feel more comfortable with it, I'll probably lower the wing a bit and reduce the AOA on it.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
9/25-26: Sonoma Trackday

FINALLY got to do another track day at Sonoma this past weekend. This was a much needed trip as I've been feeling very overloaded the past two months (combination of work and personal loss).
But hey, let's chat about the car!

Since our last outing, the modifications we've made included:

1. RIPPING OUT THE JB4 unit - I don't know why but my car did NOT like this system on it. Car ran all sorts of funky. I was hoping that this unit would be a nice stop gap for me until the ECU was unlocked but it honestly feels like it runs better without it.

2. MCS 3 way - By far the biggest change we made was to the suspension. We were running the JRZ Pros which I believe were two ways but decided to opt for something a little more hardcore. The MCS made an unbelievable change to the car. Were they more expensive? YES but TOTALLY WORTH IT. I was consistently two-three seconds faster around the track despite being super rusty.

3. AMS Intake Manifold - Thank you Jackie for helping me source these! Previously we were only able to run the car for about 2-3 laps in ~ 75 degree weather before we experienced derating. Comparing that to yesterday where we were doing triple sessions all day and the car ran without a hiccup. So .... the difference is quite clear.

The track:

Just to give a little context but my friend, Gary and I, are still co-driving the Supra. His s2k is still down and he's been invaluable in helping me set the car up as well as offering tips on how to grow a pair so I can lap around quicker.

Anyways...

We spent all of Saturday, 9/25/21, trying to kill a set of old tires while tuning our new suspension set up. We used the recommended settings from MCS and the car was unbelievably quicker. Both my friend and I were only off our pbs by about 1 second despite running on bald ass tires.

By afternoon, we noticed that the car had literally no grip. Luckily my friend decided to check on the tires between sessions and found that they were corded. lol. So we threw on the new set of wheels / tires, heat cycled them around the track, and called it a day.

AvmxhO.jpg

uWgkYv.jpg

oLvvnP.jpg

So Sunday rolls around and the weather is perfect. We've also got a new set of tires on so we decided to do our hot laps in the morning. I had a bunch of Teslas in my group which caused some traffic but despite all that, I broke my pb (1.50) and clocked in a 1.48 with about a 80% effort. Amazing.

At this point, I knew that the car had more in her but I wanted to save some tire for Gary so I pulled off. I wanted to see what the car could do with someone more capable than me. Glad I did as less than 10 min later, Gary clocks in a 1.44. Ridiculous. lol.

Spent the rest of the day just driving around to see what adjustments we could make. Had one of our more experienced friend drive it and he suggested upping the rebound all around.

Next track day will be on 9/30 so I'll see what those adjustments amount to but the car is just a monster right now even with stock power.

Pictures! (Thanks again Gordon for the amazing pictures!)

9SjsJg.jpg

r5Sbhw.jpg

XFGDBM.jpg

gu9egK.jpg

akzfbf.jpg

I was also finally able to pick up my dream car, a Sienna.
evNftA.jpg

ATS*MK5

First Name
Joey Abundiz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten MK5
Hey I had a quick question about your pole position seat. I wanted to get a pair of pole positions for my supra as well. But I was curious on how snug they might fit me. If you don’t mind me asking what’s your waist size and how do they fit you?

Supra Werty

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
What was it like going from stock brakes to front bbk?

And then front bbk to front and rear bbk?

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey I had a quick question about your pole position seat. I wanted to get a pair of pole positions for my supra as well. But I was curious on how snug they might fit me. If you don’t mind me asking what’s your waist size and how do they fit you?

I'm a size 36. I'm 6'1 and I weigh about 230 lbs.

The seats are great and are very accommodating. Fits really well and I've had lots of friends sit in the car that have said the same thing. They have a really nice OEM+ look to them and they're super functional.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What was it like going from stock brakes to front bbk?

And then front bbk to front and rear bbk?
The stock brakes aren't bad but I'm used to being able to smash on the brakes quite hard so the BBKs were a must.

With the fronts upgraded, the car had a tendency to kind of shake under hard braking. Though it was much better than stock, I didn't like the feel it gave me.

With both front and rear upgraded, the car stops the way I want it to. No nervous studder / shaking or anything. The only annoying thing is that we have yet another warning message on the dash (due to the loss of the use of the e brake) but you get used to that.

My opinion is that if you aren't tracking, the oem system is more than sufficient. If you're tracking once in awhile, upgrade the fronts. And if you're going all the time, do both.

*forgot to add but regardless of what braking set up you do. Add the verus brake ducts. We did and I believe that has single handedly increased my brake pads by a 1000%. lol.

ATS*MK5

First Name
Joey Abundiz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten MK5
I'm a size 36. I'm 6'1 and I weigh about 230 lbs.

The seats are great and are very accommodating. Fits really well and I've had lots of friends sit in the car that have said the same thing. They have a really nice OEM+ look to them and they're super functional.
Awesome thanks for the info one more question… when you close the door all the way does the upper side of the seat hit the door panel? Also what seat rail and side mounts do you have in your recaros?

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Awesome thanks for the info one more question… when you close the door all the way does the upper side of the seat hit the door panel? Also what seat rail and side mounts do you have in your recaros?
Recaro sliders.

f80 Match schell mounts
Sponsored