OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2017 Raptor
You keeping the spoiler a decklid mount or will you also try for a chassis mounting solution like Jackie?
We're going to keep it a deck lid. The chassis mount isn't necessary if you use both "layers" of the trunk to hold the wing. Jackie cut away a layer so his wing needs the chassis reinforcement.

Nor cal tracks are also not as fast. Our straights are fairly short.

Advertisement

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
3/29/2021: AT LONG LAST... ANOTHER TRACK DAY - Laguna Seca

UgMHjX.jpg

Been way too long. What was that? 2 months? Anyways.... FINALLY got to go to another track day. The Lord Almighty knows I needed this one. Way too much work / stress not to go.

Joined in on a Laguna Seca track day hosted by Golden Gate Lotus Club. I ran in both Novice and Advanced.

Since the last track day we've installed:
- Spage Front Lip / Splitter Combo
- Spage Rear Wing
- Stiffened up the rear springs from 850 to 1200
- New alignment
- AP / Essex Racing Rear BBK
- Antigravity H7 60AH battery

Let me again thank the guys at Elite Performance for getting my car ready. You guys are the best. Despite being swamped, you guys made time to make sure to accommodate my crazy tendencies and I. Thank you thank you thank you.

Also shout out to Jackie Ding for helping my clueless ass on this build. Your assistance has been instrumental.

Ok. Here we go:

1. Spage Aero - The wait was a bit long. I ordered this aero package from Spage back in October I think...? So it took about 5-6 months from ordering to receiving the product. All in all, I guess it wasn't bad considering the swan neck from Voltex is backordered for a year. Product is totally worth it though. Completely transforms the drive ability of this car and the quality of the product is amazing. My mechanic and friends were totally blown away.

I couldn't even get the car to spin. In fact the only place it got loose a bit was on Turn 2 during the slow-medium speed turns (where aero doesn't have an affect). Just completely planted throughout the course.

Completely in love with this car now.

Note: These pictures of the wing is with the "street" style end plates. For the track ones, please refer to Jackie Ding's build.

7s3wSK.jpg

Sej4WR.jpg

8QTHm8.jpg

RXNsSB.jpg

lN4hTg.jpg

2. AP Racing Rear BBK - If you guys are thinking about just doing the front brakes, I implore you to add the rear as well. Before we added the rear bbk, the car would get all jittery after a couple of hard braking points. I suspect this was due to the fact that only changing the front BBK messed up the brake bias of the car.

Well, that problem is no more. Was smashing on it all day and the car just braked harder and harder. It seems that by adding the rear BBK, balance has been restored.

3. Antigravity H7 60 AH battery - More than 40 lbs savings? F*** yes. Kind of a no brainer to do this mod because we all know what a pig our cars are. Add in the fact that it has a restart function built into the battery and it's just perfect.

Important note though: It's been brought to my attention that switching the battery to an aftermarket one would need some kind of reprogramming. I still haven't figured out how to do this but the car drove fine without the reprogramming.

tKSKwo.jpg

I'll upload the videos from my track day some other time. Turns out when you leave on a work day to go racing, that work compiles onto the next work day. :p
Amazing Build bro! Quick question, does the rear BBK now deem the E-brake useless? Because the Brembo Rear BBK makes the E-Brake not work.

OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Car(s)
Amazing Build bro! Quick question, does the rear BBK now deem the E-brake useless? Because the Brembo Rear BBK makes the E-Brake not work.
Yes. Unfortunately the rear BBK disables the E-Brake.

But I don't really see a need for the E brake. I guess maybe if you live in the mountains or something... that would be something to think about? But for me, I've actually never used the E brake to begin with so it was kind of a moot issue.

OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Car(s)
Video for laguna Seca 3.29.21

I spent spent a majority of the day getting used to the car with its new aero. When I was finally getting into the groove of things, I spent most of my laps working my way around the traffic. Needless to say, it was a bit annoying as this was already in the advanced group. I am NOT trying to boast and say I am the fastest driver around but I honestly felt like many of the drivers in this group did not belong. Dive bombing, pointing me by and then drag racing me, and poor track awareness were just some of the many flaws I witnessed.

This video is actually my last session of the day when some of the other drivers had left.

Best time of the day was a 1.40.88. I had a predictive lap of 1.38 on one of the laps but running up to the corkscrew had a S2000 basically ruin it for me.

Pardon my irascible attitude with this as I've been on the hunt for a sub 40 time at Laguna for awhile now. Thought I was finally able to achieve that with this build but it seems like other drivers had something else in mind.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2018 Civic Type R, 2008 S2000 CR, tow pigs
You’re at a DE bud. Take that bad boy and run TT with NASA if you’re hunting times. 🤷‍♂️

OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Car(s)
4/12/2021 - Thunderhill East Bypass

Finally got another chance to run Thill East bypass! The last time I ended up basically driving people around all day so no surprise that no pbs were broken. This time around we had some more modifications done, namely the aero, so I was a bit excited to see what the car could do.

Before I begin, just wanted to say good job to the people at Corsa Club for hosting this event. The event went super smooth and ran like clockwork. Would definitely run with this group again.

Anyways... For those of you who don't know I'm still very involved with the Civic Type R community. Despite no longer owning a CTR, I'm still an admin over there and many of my close friends own CTRs. So I guess I'm sort of a honorary member at this point. lol. But we had a bunch of CTRs (I think over 30++) show up to this track event so I hope that explains why you will see a bunch of civics.

Started the day off scrubbing my tires as I had new ones put in right before the event. Once the car (and me) got warmed up a bit, we cranked things up. The car felt completely different with aero. Whereas the Supra felt a bit unstable in the corners, the thing is extremely planted now. I could push aggressively in the corners and there was never a hint of the car losing it. This allowed me to push harder through the corners and carry way more speed.

Ended up with a 1.57.88 which was a 4 second improvement over my previous pb in this car. The car still had a bunch of time left in it but ambient temperatures were getting a bit high and my brakes were shot so I spent the rest of the day taking passengers again. lol.

OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Car(s)
04/17 - 04/18/2021 - Laguna Seca - Not me driving.

Dropped the car off to Elite earlier in the week for some maintenance items and some more modifications. At this point, we're just trying to slowly dial the car in.

Due to the aero we have on there, the car has a tendency to understeer. We actually have been running the smaller "street style" end plates, tilting the wing to most neutral setting, and softened up the front sway bar just to try to inject a bit more oversteer into the equation.

My good friend, Gary, ended up taking my car to Laguna. His s2000 blew its differential and I figured it'd be helpful to have a much faster driver get some more data and dial the car in some more.

The guy ended up turning a 1.36.88 in traffic.

r7pNTk.jpg

n3wyzm.jpg

1f5ozm.jpg

nVo2aM.jpg

AhnSNJ.jpg

gcmak

Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
04/17 - 04/18/2021 - Laguna Seca - Not me driving.

Dropped the car off to Elite earlier in the week for some maintenance items and some more modifications. At this point, we're just trying to slowly dial the car in.

Due to the aero we have on there, the car has a tendency to understeer. We actually have been running the smaller "street style" end plates, tilting the wing to most neutral setting, and softened up the front sway bar just to try to inject a bit more oversteer into the equation.

My good friend, Gary, ended up taking my car to Laguna. His s2000 blew its differential and I figured it'd be helpful to have a much faster driver get some more data and dial the car in some more.

The guy ended up turning a 1.36.88 in traffic.
was great to see your car this weekend and as usual gary blew my mind with his times on all the cars he drove! thanks for sharing!

OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Car(s)
was great to see your car this weekend and as usual gary blew my mind with his times on all the cars he drove! thanks for sharing!

Haha thanks bro! Yeah Gary is a maniac.

Hopefully I'll get to come out more and hang out with you guys soon.

Supra Werty

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
Are you able to use the stock seatbelt with the pole position seats? If say a person had a 36" waist would they fit?

Advertisement

Advertisement